Pro Tank Thread "You said that we'd be better now, better now. But you always let us down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
At least Ott has 2/3rds of a 1st line that aren’t going into their sophomore seasons.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Maybe most ideal for this rebuild, but then again I wish Elias and others get used to win some games as well. And it`s hard for me to watch a game of hockey and wish that they lose, but it will be a difficult season for sure.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Something that I think people aren't taking into consideration is that Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit are all in the same division, so they'll be taking points off each other. The Canucks are by far the worst team in the Western Conference and it isn't particularly close. Hopefully that'll help with the tank this year.

That's a great point. Someone has to pick up points in those games, and they'll each play each other 4 times.

I've been mulling over the likelihood of the Canucks being a Buffalo McDavid-attempt/16-17 Avalanche this season, and I think should we get beaten to a pulp out of the gate, the frustration and morale problems will just exacerbate our many weaknesses and we'll spiral out of control in a hurry. We're one goalie injury away from having a career 3GAA goalie between the pipes, which is not far off from the 16-17 AV's.

Seems like every year we get off to an unexpected above-average start (usually a soft schedule) and that has disqualified us from getting the best odds at top spot.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm honestly thinking this might be the worst season in our history.

I predict we don't win a game in regulation until November.

Benning fired in January.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
This is shaping up to be a great tank year.

Ottawa, Detroit, and Montreal are all going to be terrible and since they're all in the same division, they'll be taking points from each other. In the west, I don't see a team on paper that's worse than the Canucks.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I'm honestly thinking this might be the worst season in our history.

I predict we don't win a game in regulation until November.

Benning fired in January.

Even I don’t think we can be that bad

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Their schedule in October is pretty rough. 14 games in 28 days.

Calgary
Calgary
Carolina
Florida
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
Boston
Washington
Vegas
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Chicago

8 of those on the road including a 6 game road trip right after the season opener.

I predict they go 3-10-1 to start the season.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
It's not like we've been the worst team in the NHL the past 3 years, oh wait.

If we're the worst team in the league this year, maybe we get Jack Hughes.........to go along with Quinn Hughes, Elias Pettersson, Brock Boeser, etc.

It's not a matter of IF........it's a matter of WHEN the Canucks will rise again.

This is a marathon. Not a sprint.

Being so negative is just dumb and pointless.

All sports franchises rebuild and go through peaks and valleys.

We are no different.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If we're the worst team in the league this year, maybe we get Jack Hughes.........to go along with Quinn Hughes, Elias Pettersson, Brock Boeser, etc.

It's not a matter of IF........it's a matter of WHEN the Canucks will rise again.

We are no different.
So a poster predicting a team that's been the worst over the past 3 years is going to be bad again, is grounds for you to call them negative?

Sorry Hindu, I really don't see what the point of your response to Melvin was.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I've been mulling over the likelihood of the Canucks being a Buffalo McDavid-attempt/16-17 Avalanche this season, and I think should we get beaten to a pulp out of the gate, the frustration and morale problems will just exacerbate our many weaknesses and we'll spiral out of control in a hurry. We're one goalie injury away from having a career 3GAA goalie between the pipes, which is not far off from the 16-17 AV's.

new management enters around january or so & rides a wave of goodwill after the benning firing to tank shamelessly for hughes = best possible outcome to this season

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So a poster predicting a team that's been the worst over the past 3 years is going to be bad again, is grounds for you to call them negative?

Sorry Hindu, I really don't see what the point of your response to Melvin was.

Just making garbage claims like, "I don't think we'll win a game until November," is just toxic and unnecessarily negative in my opinion. It's disturbing really. Most true fans, regardless of how good or bad their team is, will often feel "rejuvinated" and "fresh" when a new season is about to start. We get to watch our favourite team after half a year off.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Just making garbage claims like, "I don't think we'll win a game until November," is just toxic and unnecessarily negative in my opinion. It's disturbing really. Most true fans, regardless of how good or bad their team is, will often feel "rejuvinated" and "fresh" when a new season is about to start. We get to watch our favourite team after half a year off.

Like if watching the Canucks and watching a Benning-lead team brings you that much pain, why not just put yourself out of your misery and go watch another sport? To each their own I guess, but the constant wave of negativity never ceases to amaze me.

Well you never cease to post about it either.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

We are no different.

Curious what the “etc” are. Because if this preseason has shown us anything, it’s that the “etc” may be a lot smaller and less impressive than a certain faction of rainbow-eyed posters have argued for the past 12 months. But hey, Motte’s been great. I’ll give you that one lol

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Curious what the “etc” are. Because if this preseason has shown us anything, it’s that the “etc” may be a lot smaller and less impressive than a certain faction of rainbow-eyed posters have argued for the past 12 months. But hey, Motte’s been great. I’ll give you that one lol

Horvat? Dahlen? Virtanen? Some other unknown surprise? (Chatfield?). Back in the 2000's, did anyone see guys like Burrows, Bieksa, and Raymond coming from a mile away? Or did they just emerge out of nowhere.

Shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad