GDT: Pro-Tank Thread X: Silver Medal Game (Lottery Transition Edition)

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
So now what.?
We put our hopes on some 18 old kid from the draft,to come in and save this sinking gong show.
Im praying,that we have a different managment team,heading to the draft.Enough is enough.

Don't be ridiculous. We put SOME of our hopes on some 18-year-old kid from the draft.

We put the rest on Bo.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
The master plan is unfolding. Now we just have to win the lottery and SJ has to win the Cup. :sarcasm:

I actually had a dream (day dream) the other day that the Leafs got edged out of the last wildcard spot in the east by Tampa, and then they won the draft lottery.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Picking third would be so damn tricky, you just know the Benning wants a Center or Defenseman.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Hell yeah!!! We are in basically the best reasonable spot to enter the lottery... about time.

Hopefully we get a good player and some decent management and coaching to get us on the right path.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
we are getting a pretty damn good player either way will be really happy with MIttelstadt or Hischier

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
we are getting a pretty damn good player either way will be really happy with MIttelstadt or Hischier

If they get #1, there is no way they don't take Patrick. He's a Western guy with size and Benning will be all over that as his future #1 Centre. If they lose the lottery - which is statistically, the most likely scenario, they pick 5th. If they pick 5th, there is a good chance MIttlestadt will be gone, and Hirschier will almost certainly be gone. In short, there is no guarantee they will get either of those players.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Can someone hit us with some comparisons for the top 5??

From what I've gleaned on the main boards mostly ...

Nolan Patrick - Eric Staal'ish
Nico Hischier - Pavel Datsyuk'ish
Casey Mittelstadt - Patrick Kane'ish
Timmy Liljegren - Not sure exactly ... Keith Yandle'ish maybe?
Gabe Vilardi - Mark Stone'ish
Cody Glass - Mark Scheifele'ish

Petrichor

Jan 25, 2017

If we get Hischier, I want him with Boeser right away.

The guy has Drouin written all over him and will be setting Boeser up like mad.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Picking third would be so damn tricky, you just know the Benning wants a Center or Defenseman.

not really, Vilardi has separated himself from the pack.

The tricky aspect is ranking Mittelstadt/Pettersson and picking between them.

I dont see Makar or Liljegren as being options for us outside of 5 and someone having a godawful interview

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
not really, Vilardi has separated himself from the pack.

The tricky aspect is ranking Mittelstadt/Pettersson and picking between them.

I dont see Makar or Liljegren as being options for us outside of 5 and someone having a godawful interview

I see draisaitl in vilardi

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's time to think about winning the lottery. Who should we send? I say Weisbrod. He seems like a guy with luck on his side.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well Team Tank won the best seed possible now it's up to the Hockey Gods to give us a lottery ticket win for once. I'm happy with Nico or Patrick but worst case scenario we drop to 5th there still is Gabriel Vilardi, Casey Mittelstadt, Martin Necas and Cody Glass in no particular order that I'd be happy with still. Were getting a top 6 player regardless where we pick and considering all these players have some faults I truthfully can't predict one much better then the rest.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I hate to say it but getting Patrick does set this team up to be an 2011 Boston light down the middle with Horvat and Patrick as our Bergeron/Krejici

Something about those two pairing up as our top 2 centers where either could play line 1 or 2 is exciting

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
How has Vilardi done this in your opinion?

I don't see it. Vilardi reminds me of Monahan more than Draisaitl. Draisaitl is a natural playmaker. Vilardi is more about his shot and finding open spaces. Good board work.

I don't quite see the Draisaitl comparison myself, though Draisaitl's shot was a major aspect of his hyped skill set predraft, but I believe Vilardis skill set and tools present very significant upside, skating can be worked on. Mittelstadt could have more upside but the league disparity complicates things.

Vilardi is very good in tight and along the boards. Those kind of goals are ones to get in the NHL. Boeser is scoring because he gets the greasy ones in tight, not just because of his unbelievable shot at range.

Necas is very intriguing to me but again, he is in the Czech league which I know nothing about. The other top Czech players to make it recently have come out of foreign leagues to them.

To be honest I am very high on all the top 6 ranked centre men available and would be ecstatic to have any one of them. They all have solid upside. I'm not going to get my hopes up on winning the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad