Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now Americans. (Take vicious shots at Royal Family on Oprah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
so you're citing the very publications and tabloids that Harry and Meghan have accused of hounding and spreading lies about them. Remember when the British tabloids spread lies about Meghan and the Royal Family didn't defend her from them?

Don't believe everything you read brother

Yet, you read that lies were spread and you believed it.

The Times isn't a tabloid.

Reactions: DoyleG

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
so you're citing the very publications and tabloids that Harry and Meghan have accused of hounding and spreading lies about them. Remember when the British tabloids spread lies about Meghan and the Royal Family didn't defend her from them?

Don't believe everything you read brother
That particular paper is more reputable than tabloid. The Times UK and The Sunday Times - Media Bias Fact Check

IMO, both parties are adept at spinning narratives and propagating half-truths, making omissions, etc for their intended business and convenience.

Thus, determining what is truth and what are merely disguised statements is extremely difficult.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I honestly do not understand how anyone who saw the interview could not feel sorry for both Meghan & Harry. Put aside whether or not you believe she may have not been as nice to the staff as she could have been, the fact that someone within the family had the audacity to question how dark Archie might be when he was born is beyond reprehensible. And denying Meghan mental health assistance when she needed it is also disgusting.

#TeamMeghan&Harry

Last edited:

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
I honestly do not understand how anyone who saw the interview could not feel sorry for both Meghan & Harry. Put aside whether or not you believe she may have not been as nice to the staff as she could have been, the fact that someone had the audacity to question how dark Archie might be when he was born is beyond reprehensible. And denying Meghan mental health assistance when she needed it is also disgusting.

#TeamMeghan&Harry
I recall plenty of "progressive" blue check mark types on twitter discussing how dark Archie might be at around the same time. Reprehensible too?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Because if she didn't know one would pay attention to her and give her 7 to 10 mill for interviews. She is a control freak who wants to control the narrative.

She realized she was not going to be the new lady Dians but the new sarah fergason. When she realized that she started planning ways to make money

They didn’t get paid for the Oprah interview and they were cut off financially from the royals. Security and a house that is secured is pretty damn expensive. They gotta make money somehow to afford it. It’s 4-5 million a year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wait until you hear how much the other royals take home of other people's money across the commonwealth

The point being, is that they wanted all of the benefits of being royalty without the actual obligations that come with it.

If we want to get rid of royalty everywhere, sign me up. It's every type of "ism" you could possible think of. People say religion is the root of most wars, but frankly I'd say royalty.

But they wanted it both ways. They are the worst type of hypocrites; benefiting as much financailly as possible from the things they can take and decrying what they don't like.

It's like Al Gore being such an advocate for Climate Change while his mansion used more electricity in one month than the average family uses in 34 months.

Do as I say, not as I do-kind of people are the worst.

Reactions: SniperHF

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
The point being, is that they wanted all of the benefits of being royalty without the actual obligations that come with it.

If we want to get rid of royalty everywhere, sign me up. It's every type of "ism" you could possible think of. People say religion is the root of most wars, but frankly I'd say royalty.

But they wanted it both ways. They are the worst type of hypocrites; benefiting as much financailly as possible from the things they can take and decrying what they don't like.

It's like Al Gore being such an advocate for Climate Change while his mansion used more electricity in one month than the average family uses in 34 months.

Do as I say, not as I do-kind of people are the worst.

None of the royals have any form of actual obligations at this point in history and only reap the benefits of being royalty

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I recall plenty of "progressive" blue check mark types on twitter discussing how dark Archie might be at around the same time. Reprehensible too?

Its not the same.....yes, it would be bad for ANYONE to publicly question such a thing, but for someone in their own family to ring that up because they are worried about how it would look is plain awful.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
There's lots of fishy stuff going on here and it seems to come from both sides.

Meghan seemed to think she could come in like a wrecking ball and stir shit up, and use the same ruthless "girl boss" type techniques that can get you far in American celebrity land. She thought she knew what she was getting into but clearly didn't know just how out of her depth she would be, and it all backfired on her. The press were brutal and the family were still clearly entrenched in their old ways, so now she's taken her ball and gone home.

Nobody really comes out of this looking good, in my eyes. Just do away with the lot of them. I really wish this wasn't news and it's just fuelling the culture war.

Reactions: S E P H and DoyleG

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
There's lots of fishy stuff going on here and it seems to come from both sides.

Meghan seemed to think she could come in like a wrecking ball and stir shit up, and use the same ruthless "girl boss" type techniques that can get you far in American celebrity land. She thought she knew what she was getting into but clearly didn't know just how out of her depth she would be, and it all backfired on her. The press were brutal and the family were still clearly entrenched in their old ways, so now she's taken her ball and gone home.

Nobody really comes out of this looking good, in my eyes
Maybe I'm naïve or missed something at the beginning of their beautiful courtship but where are people getting this idea that she wanted to "come in like a wrecking ball & stir shit up" from??

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Maybe I'm naïve or missed something at the beginning of their beautiful courtship but where are people getting this idea that she wanted to "come in like a wrecking ball & stir shit up" from??
it was a narrative spun by british fake news like all the other rumors they spread about meghan like she was "hard to work with" or "she yelled at Kate" or shit like that

Reactions: PanthersPens62

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Its not the same.....yes, it would be bad for ANYONE to publicly question such a thing, but for someone in their own family to ring that up because they are worried about how it would look is plain awful.

As long as Harry doesn't give up names, then he is going to have a hard time being believed.

Staging your own dramatic interview doesn't help the situation.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011

Pretty much everyone on both sides of the divide had this idea :laugh:

People with more liberal or "woke" sensibilities heralded her as this great saviour who was going to modernise and bring diversity to the archaic institution

DoyleG

Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

It was only a beautiful courtship from the American vantage. Same goes with the idea they had she was going to be this force for change.

The British press knew better.

DoyleG

Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Pretty much everyone on both sides of the divide had this idea :laugh:

People with more liberal or "woke" sensibilities heralded her as this great saviour who was going to modernise and bring diversity to the archaic institution

Yup.

Kate had already claimed that mantle when she married William. Not to mention they had known each other before the relationship and had broken up at one point. She had to endure the press coverage through all of that,

All Harry could've been was another Prince Edward. Not necessarily a bad status, but certainly one Megan wouldn't have wanted.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Yup.

Kate had already claimed that mantle when she married William. Not to mention they had known each other before the relationship and had broken up at one point. She had to endure the press coverage through all of that,

All Harry could've been was another Prince Edward. Not necessarily a bad status, but certainly one Megan wouldn't have wanted.
But see, I don't believe she was in it for the status or the $$$$.....its not like she was some poor girl from the streets.....she was an established Hollywood starlet already making millions.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Yup.

What people need to realise is the British press are very hypocritical and inconsistent. There was a time when they didn't like Kate because she was too common, I'll always remember one of my posh university classmates refer to her as "Kate Middle-class" Same with Princess Diana, first they loved her, then hated her, now universally revered following her Death. A more obscure ones for the Americans; Jade Goody, racist reality TV star turned cancer martyr. I recently watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix and some of the things the British media man said about her being "interesting" was really telling.

Meghan tried to take them on and lost, so the toys are leaving the proverbial pram. Now the media are doubling down because it makes for excellent race-baiting culture war content that people will lap up.

Like I said, I think everyone is in the wrong here and I wish it would go away.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
But see, I don't believe she was in it for the status or the $$$$.....its not like she was some poor girl from the streets.....she was an established Hollywood starlet already making millions.

Millions? She was the 4th listed actress on a cable show and hadn't acted since. She was Carly Chaikin.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Millions? She was the 4th listed actress on a cable show and hadn't acted since. She was Carly Chaikin.

Here's Meghan Markle's Net Worth Before Becoming A Duchess

Meghan Markle was already earning a considerable income as an actress and had built her own fortune long before she married into royalty. Here's how much she made prior to becoming a duchess.
Markle's net worth was estimated to be between $2 million to $5 million. A 2019 Forbes estimate put her pre-royal wedding wealth at $2.2 million based on the salary she received as one of the stars of the USA Network legal drama "Suits."
The actress-turned-duchess played lawyer Rachel Zane for seven seasons and more than 100 episodes and only quit before marrying Prince Harry in 2018. Fortune reported in 2017 that she was paid about $45,000 per episode while starring in "Suits" and earned around $450,000 annually.
However, Markle hanging up her “suit” did not mean the end of revenue generation for her. The show is syndicated around the world, and she reportedly receives royalties every time the show is played on streaming services Netflix, Amazon Prime and NBC’s Peacock or broadcast in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad