Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now Americans. (Take vicious shots at Royal Family on Oprah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
She has spent more time bashing the royal family then she spent as a royal. And they have made a lot of money off complaining about the royal family. All these interviews they have been doing? They have been paid for their time. If they were not making so much money off of their complaining, I would give them more credence.

Reactions: DoyleG
Sep 19, 2008
She has spent more time bashing the royal family then she spent as a royal. And they have made a lot of money off complaining about the royal family. All these interviews they have been doing? They have been paid for their time. If they were not making so much money off of their complaining, I would give them more credence.
they weren't allowed to talk to the media when they were royals

Reactions: JetsFan815

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
she says different

Because if she didn't know one would pay attention to her and give her 7 to 10 mill for interviews. She is a control freak who wants to control the narrative.

She realized she was not going to be the new lady Dians but the new sarah fergason. When she realized that she started planning ways to make money

Last edited:

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
When she talks just remember

They have deals north of 100 mill to tell their stories. Everything they have done for the last 24 months was all about making money. Money they could not have made if they stayed royals.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So...her birth family can't stand her, the family she married into can't stand her and the women who worked for her couldn't stand her.

She seems neat.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So...her birth family can't stand her, the family she married into can't stand her and the women who worked for her couldn't stand her.

She seems neat.
But Oprah's producers edited out the part about all the girls working at the frozen yogurt stand thinking Meghan's dresses are just TOO cute. So she's got that working for her.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

"appeal to motive" fallacy. Them making money off of interviews does not in any way make the contents of the interviews less true.

I could not care less about Harry/Megan but I found everything they said pretty credible as the kind of stuff that happens in a dysfunctional family. Probably happens a lot esp when you have such a magnifying glass placed on you. Just that being a family that has been given so much power, money and attention for absolutely no reason probably just exacerbates any dysfunction in the family.

Specifically the claims that someone questioned the color of the skin of their baby to Harry and denied Megan access to a mental health professional when she was going through a mental health crisis for fear of it "looking bad" is esp damning to the royal family. Everything else is dysfunctional family palace intrigue stuff but those two things in particular make the royal family look really bad.

Sep 19, 2008
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/harry-meghan-oprah-interview-1.5940481

In a wide-ranging interview aired Sunday, Meghan described painful discussions within the Royal Family about the colour of her son's skin before he was born and how the intense pressures of royal life led her to contemplate suicide.
"They didn't want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn't going to receive security," The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey, referring to Archie, who was born in May 2019.
"In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time — so we have in tandem the conversation of, you won't be given security, not gonna be given a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born," said Meghan, who is biracial.

Sep 19, 2008

She seems neat.
Sounds like the royals are racist.

Meghan told Oprah Winfrey that the Royal Family didn't want her and Prince Harry's son to be made a prince or receive security partly over concerns over how dark the baby's skin would be.

Sep 19, 2008
Meghan, who said she was not being paid for the interview, also said she and Harry were married by the Archbishop of Canterbury three days before their public wedding. She called that day an "out-of-body experience."

Sep 19, 2008

I can't stand James Corden but he is right here. Harry says the British media is toxic and he had to get out of England and the royalty for his own mental well being.

He also says in Oprah int he hasn't talked to Charles since the split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad