Primetime on CBC

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
This...CBC won't ever pick the Sens over the Leafs. Ever. Too many people watch the Leafs games to even consider it.

Not necessarily true. They did last year for one late-season game vs. Crosby and the Pens. I loved it; I (in Alberta) don't often get to watch Sens on Saturdays because Center Ice won't pick up CBC games and Leafs are almost always on primetime Saturday nights.

That being said. I agree that the Sens alone aren't enough of a draw even compared to an out-of-playoffs Leafs team.
It is very rare that the Sens are picked over the Leafs. The game LoneSteele mentioned was March 24, 2012. Still, Sask. Man. Que. and most of Ontario saw other games. Looking back, it was March 8, 2008 when the Sens played in Phoenix and were promoted to semi-national coverage (being shown in the prairies, Ottawa area, and Quebec). It was Dec. 15, 2001 when the Devils-Sens HNIC game was promoted to full national coverage over the Leafs-Habs game due to a CBC labour dispute with the camera technicians.

malcolmedge

May 4, 2010
Vancouver
"Sit your butt down, you're blocking the view". Last time I was in the 100s for a sens game that was yelled out by the 'corporate fan' who was sitting right in front of me. :shakehead :help:

Try going to Rogers Arena... Lower bowl doesn't do anything! Sens fans at least get some Leafs Suck and Alfie chants going. I once saw some guy reading his book at the game. He paid $250 for a place to read.

If you're an opposing team fan you can expect to get beer and popcorn thrown at you and verbally assaulted as well. Did feel better when a few other Sens fans and I started a 'Canucks choke' chant.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
It's just matters to me so I don't have to deal with Denis Potvin for at least one game.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
It's just matters to me so I don't have to deal with Denis Potvin for at least one game.

Seriously? Denis is the man, you are for sure in the minority there buddy.

We get to listen to a hall of famer, one of the best defenseman of all time, talk hockey almost every gameday. I consider us lucky

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I'm pretty sure our first game against the Jets was on CBC.

CBC is broadcasting today's game and next week's game vs the Jets in Hockey Day in Canada.

After that they don't broadcast anymore Sens games except against the Leafs until the last game of the season vs Philly.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
CBC is broadcasting today's game and next week's game vs the Jets in Hockey Day in Canada.

After that they don't broadcast anymore Sens games except against the Leafs until the last game of the season vs Philly.
Really bad scheduling by the CBC. :rant::shakehead Just 2 Sat. afternoon games with this upcoming Sat. game that won't be seen in Alberta, BC, and SW Ontario. Those areas will get the Oilers-Red Wings instead. In March, 3 afternoon games are on Sportsnet. All the evening games are against the Leafs plus the Philly game.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
YOLO!!! Ektorp is not on the leafersons. They are a legendary team and the sens have no cups. period.

until that is remedied there;s no way, no how, bubba joe.

SENS have plenty of cups, haven't you seen the banners haning in the rafters which we are so proud of????

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

The afternoon games vs. Jets are nice, but not primetime. I'm usually out & about in the afternoon. Thread subject is "primetime."

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The only HNIC coverage we get this year (even locally!) is for three games versus the Leafs, and one vs. Philly to end the season.

At first glance, our occasional Saturday afternoon games aren't even picked up by CBC.

Da fuq?

I'm pretty sure our first game against the Jets was on CBC.

The afternoon games vs. Jets are nice, but not primetime. I'm usually out & about in the afternoon. Thread subject is "primetime."

Just responding to the above comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad