Post-Game Talk: Primeau shuts out BJs 3-0

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Team in front of Primeau largely mailed it in after the third goal - everyone owes him dinner tonight.
wtf were they doing the last 5 mins? Captain with an idiotic pass on the PP, everyone skating in quicksand and watching the play go by, 3 forecheckers leading to odd man rushes. The goal should be to protect the shutout and they tried their hardest to prevent that.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Primeau was living his best life out there lol
Reminded me of when Drouin got the 1st star a few seasons ago. Crowd was chanting his name and shouting "we love you" during the interview. All downhill after that.

Hopefully Primeau's career in Montreal will follow a different path .

Reactions: 1909

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't know how we do it. We can never seem to draft a ppg player, but goalies? Easy, peasy.

Terrific game by Primeau. Good to see Slafkovsky & Roy score, while Caufield, Newhook & Xhekaj all picked up assists.

Gallagher's goal was a nice tip. He's at 11 goals already. If he had better, more skillful linemates to support his lack of speed, he might still be a useful 3rd line player. He still gets to the net.

Not surprised we won. I expected it.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Great game by Primeau! Him and Monty will be pushing each other next year no doubt.

On the other hand, the Habs are just a complete mess in the D zone, it's really pathetic... I really hope there will be a change in the defensive structure next year because I cringe every time I see Savard, Matheson, etc chasing a forward all the way to the blue line

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Primeau needs to work on his post-game interviews. 😅

Solid game. Happy for the kid. I root for him. Finally a goalie we took our time developing. When he is at his best, he is better than Monty. He hasn't been consistent enough, but it could be a really good battle between the two in a 1A/1B scenario in the next few years.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
If Kent Hughes would have sent him to the minors he would have been claimed team by another and we would have developed him for nothing.

Everyone in the media and fans complained about the 3 goalie system and yeah.. they're not wrong but would you rather have given him away?

Allen is gone and the kid understand the opportunity in front of him...good stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad