Primeau or montambault?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
If you HAD to pick one NOW to be the goalie of the future (which means trade the other one), who do you choose and why?

EDIT: this was supposed to be a fun quesion, I didn't expect people not to play along and just reject it outright. Maybe I should have. Some people just love to argue online. Take it easy. I'm not advocating getting rid of either of them right now. Maybe I should have said: who will end up having the better career? Is that better?

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If you HAD to pick one NOW to be the goalie of the future (which means trade the other one), who do you choose and why?

Easy choice for me: Montembault.

But it's not really an interesting question for me. We have both. There are no cap problems with keeping both for the foreseeable future. And, we only have small sample size on both. So we'll see how things play out over the next 1 to 4 years, and then decide.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Monty's been solid for the past two seasons, while Primeau has just recently been showing us something at the NHL level. Fortunately, there is absolutely no reason to get rid of either anytime soon. Neither player presents a salary cap issue, and none of the prospects will be pushing for a roster spot soon.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I pick both for right now. K thx byeeeee.

Edit: they have both come along way the last 2 seasons and it’s interesting to see the Habs doing that thing, what’s it called again? Oh yeah, development!

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
From a team building perspective we should want to emulate Boston's platoon system where the goalies are within a few games of each other. Monty has shown that he can play 40ish games and look good, it's still too early to tell about Primeau, next season should be more telling.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Health permitting, next year should be 47 games for Monty and 35 games for Primeau.

This keeps Dobes in the AHL getting some much needed games and Fowler in Boston.

Like @Tyson mentioned, let them be and we can revisit this in 1yr......If Primeau dethrones Monty then good for us as it gives us another trading chip down the road!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If I had to choose today ,I'd probably say Monty but there's no reason to choose now.

We can finally begin to see how both can handle increased workloads with Jake Allen out of the mix, and the evaluation is still in its infancy.

Reactions: Redux91

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love how everybody is physically incapable of playing along with hypotheticals lol. You could tell people ‘I will put 10 MILLION in your bank RIGHT NOW if you just play along with this hypothetical and choose one or the other’ and people will still be like ‘why do I have to pick one?’ lol

Reactions: Shabs

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I love how everybody is physically incapable of playing along with hypotheticals lol. You could tell people ‘I will put 10 MILLION in your bank RIGHT NOW if you just play along with this hypothetical and choose one or the other’ and people will still be like ‘why do I have to pick one?’ lol
everyone wants to be the smartest guy in the room :laugh:

i pick Monty, i'm a big fan of his.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

While that might be true, there can be no denying that all hypothetical scenarios are not created equally as some are based more on facts and gain information that is more translatable to the real world. Hypothetical scenarios that require more of an analytical approach based on actual data and/or are derived from a scenario that is not overly immersed in the abstract is more likely to produce a more meaningful insight into a person's psyche and/or reveal a bias on a particular topic.

I think this particular question is uninteresting as it is not actually revealing an answer to the question that is being sought due to a lack of relevant data. The only insight that is likely to be gleaned is to perhaps uncover those who are more prone to recency bias and those who are more cynical towards it.

Reactions: Oryxo

Jul 6, 2016
BOTH ! In today’s NHL hockey, teams need two reliable goalies who can share the load. Very few teams have real #1 who can play 60 + games a season.

I can easily see Monty playing 45-50 games next season while Primeau would get the rest.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
While that might be true, there can be no denying that all hypothetical scenarios are not created equally as some are based more on facts and gain information that is more translatable to the real world. Hypothetical scenarios that require more of an analytical approach based on actual data and/or are derived from a scenario that is not overly immersed in the abstract is more likely to produce a more meaningful insight into a person's psyche and/or reveal a bias on a particular topic.

I think this particular question is uninteresting as it is not actually revealing an answer to the question that is being sought due to a lack of relevant data. The only insight that is likely to be gleaned is to perhaps uncover those who are more prone to recency bias and those who are more cynical towards it.
I’ll take the qualitative over the quantitative 10/10 myself.

Sure if you’re such a hard line quantitative reasoning person, I’d imagine this would bore you.

For me, the lack of evidence makes it more interesting. I don’t see how ‘lack of sufficient evidence’ would correlate to an uninteresting hypothetical so directly. Just as I wouldn’t see a surfeit of evidence making said hypothetical MORE interesting. For example, a Price or Theodore hypothetical would be far less interesting than this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad