Post-Game Talk: Primeau loses his shutout with a minute left.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
100% agree, he needs to put in the offseason work on his shot mechanics that he didn't get time for last offseason.
I have said it before- comparing smallish snipers one has to look at Alex Debrincat-
The year after Debrincat scored 41goals his production dropped to 18.
Caufield will be fine.

This is the most likeable Habs team I can remember. They don’t give up.

Starting next year, this team is going to be a problem.
This is why I am not a tanker...the winning, no quit culture is part of the rebuild. They will still land a top 10 pick.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Pretty impressive outing from the boys. Considering it was a low shot affair,had some teeth to the game,fun stuff. Pretty good string of games that Primeau is on.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Jesus did anyone notice Sean Couturier's play last night...

didn't think so.
I don't think it's about effort in his case. Couturier's production only fell off a cliff in the second half of the season.

He had back surgery and he needed 1 year and a half to recover. His body no longer has the conditioning necessary to survive an entire NHL season.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I think we should have a seperate thread on Slaf, call " Mainboard Meltdown "
LOL...............

Never ever has there been so many people wrong........I know our board had a few also, but man the main board was so full of BS when it comes to this player.

The kid is really proving people wrong, and MSL, and HuGo right!

Yes, 1G 1A
He had a good night.....
It is rather foolish to make such observations so early,but a buffoon will be a buffoon.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Thought that was a fun game. Primeau played well again. We have 2 pretty great goalies.

Love how tough our D is. Struble & Xhekaj in particular are not fun to play against. Montreal definitely frustrated the Flyers.

Suzuki hit 30 goals. Slafkovsky extended his point streak to 9 games. Both good things. Kids are playing well & with confidence. 3rd was a bit dicey, but they showed a lot of fight.

Very fun game, i loved the way we responded when Philly tried the physical stuff at the end of the first, we send them a message, ''not here not now , you dont want to do this''

Alright the joke teams (Seattle & Philly) are out of the way.

Time to go on a 5 game losing streak.

Haven't you got the memo, we're a top team now, we will win them all :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Very fun game, i loved the way we responded when Philly tried the physical stuff at the end of the first, we send them a message, ''not here not now , you dont want to do this''

Haven't you got the memo, we're a top team now, we will win them all :laugh:
Philly tried to pull that shit all evening long I really thought they had us off our game.
We were fortunate there ended up being two refused goals.
The league is talking about changing the blue line rule to when the puck fully crosses the leading edge.
If they do we are going to see a lot fewer offside goals called back.
It might f*** up the linesmen though who have been programmed to see it the other way for ever. :laugh:

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Toughest schedule to finish the schedule? Habs say "Bury us upside down so you can kiss our ass"

Habs 3 wins: 11 goals for. 3 goals against.

Good goaltending.
Good defensive pairings (Guhle on the right with Matheson, Savard with Xhekaj, then two of Struble, Harris, and Kovacevic).
Better line combos (1st line, Newhook-Armia duo, Evans playing well as 3c).

+ progression of the youth?

That's the guy I would draft if you are referring to Iginla's kid.
There's a slight chance we may be able to get him with the Jets 1st or with a move up from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This was back in the bubble where Suzuki patted Hart on the head right after he scored

Nick patting his head like 'heard the rumors..gonna be rough for you in a couple years..'

Yeah I dont know what it is but it feels like Nick has a grudge against Philly (and Tampa, and Maple Leafs)
Last year when Cole tied it with a second left you could see Suzuki skate by and whack a Philly defender on the shin like 'nice play...dumbass' lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lots of positives, just wish Xheraj didn't pick up 3 penalties.

I thought Armia would hopefully turn it around next season so we could get something of value for him. But with his play he could be part of a summer move.

Along with our own 1st pick would love to get another in the top 10-12. Adding hopefully a couple top forward prospects would be terrific. Or, our own 1st and a D+1 /+2 forward with top 6 potential
Yeah I thought one of them was really chintzy but we will have to come to terms with the fact that an effective Arber Xhekaj will take penalties.
You know it I know it and his coach knows it.
If he's making hard contact while taking a penalty it's one thing but the needless hooking or holding penalties have to stop.
Personally I think he's done well over all since his return from Laval.

Reactions: jrom

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
My very first PGT and it was seconds too late.
You snooze you lose old timer.

Nick patting his head like 'heard the rumors..gonna be rough for you in a couple years..'

Yeah I dont know what it is but it feels like Nick has a grudge against Philly (and Tampa, and Maple Leafs)
Last year when Cole tied it with a second left you could see Suzuki skate by and whack a Philly defender on the shin like 'nice play...dumbass' lol
I've seen him turn up against Calgary too, specifically Markstrom. He's too dope when he starts acting like a menace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad