News Article: Price's comments on Team Canada tryout

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
"Price, who signed a six-year, $39 million contract last July, played 39 games last season for the Canadiens after the NHL lockout ended, finishing with a 21-13-4 record with a 2.59 goals against average, .921 save percentage and three shutouts."

lol did i miss something?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
"Price, who signed a six-year, $39 million contract last July, played 39 games last season for the Canadiens after the NHL lockout ended, finishing with a 21-13-4 record with a 2.59 goals against average, .921 save percentage and three shutouts."

lol did i miss something?

Lol I was wondering about that too.

68*

Get off the driving range and practice.
I always thought Price didn't practice or train hard enough, relying too much on natural talent.
I can tell by reading this article that Price absolutely hates Jello

I ****ing hate Jello. :rant:
Been eating soft **** like that because of my wisdom teeth surgery. Craving some Boustan, Milano, Decarie Hot Dog, etc right now.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I always thought Price didn't practice or train hard enough, relying too much on natural talent.

I ****ing hate Jello. :rant:
Been eating soft **** like that because of my wisdom teeth surgery. Craving some Boustan, Milano, Decarie Hot Dog, etc right now.

Poutine from decarie hot dog has virtually no structural integrity. I'm sure you can pelican that **** down if you really want to.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Poutine from decarie hot dog has virtually no structural integrity. I'm sure you can pelican that **** down if you really want to.

As a former English teacher, I love it when made up usage/grammar actual does a better job of describing a visual with words. How do you even try to teach something like that to second language students?! :laugh:

'Twas also a great day when bacon achieved verb status. :thumbu:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I hope he makes the team, earns the starting job, then wins a gold metal just to stick it in the faces of all the Carey bashers out there.

Who am i kidding, even then they'll find something to ***** about.

Myron Gaines*

I hope he makes the team, earns the starting job, then wins a gold metal just to stick it in the faces of all the Carey bashers out there.

Who am i kidding, even then they'll find something to ***** about.

Not if he actually does something to justify his status as an elite goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
No if he actually does something to justify his status as an elite goalie.

The media says he is good....
All the NHL GM's and coaches say he is good........
So Now it is time for Carry to shine and be better than good...

I think myself, he will be GREAT

I hope Carry thinks this too:sarcasm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Elliott Friedman was on the Team1200 this morning and said that Price was a unanimous choice as one of the goalies to be invited to camp.

Seems its only in MTL that he doesn't have unanimity...

Guy has the toughest job in all of hockey IMO.

Yes he needs to be better, especially better then the player he was the last 1/4 of the season. But he also needs to be cut some slack too, he never has any margin for error

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Elliott Friedman was on the Team1200 this morning and said that Price was a unanimous choice as one of the goalies to be invited to camp.

Guy has the toughest job in all of hockey IMO.

Yes he needs to be better, especially better then the player he was the last 1/4 of the season. But he also needs to be cut some slack too, he never has any margin for error

exactly. just because you can be better doesn't mean you're absolute garbage and a joke of a goalie. I've never seen such a thin line between great and goat in my life.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
...or the hockey world acknowledges that he is easily a top 5 Canadian goalie right now, because they don't base their assessment of a player on a sub-par month of hockey.

Is anyone else not worried about Price at all? Because I'm really not.

I used to have full confidence in him. I must say I'm starting to have some little doubts..

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

A camp invite doesn't mean much, let's be honest. Price would have had to really, REALLY **** the bed to not get an invite, especially considering how shaky Canada's goaltending depth looks. So unanimously, I think we all agreed he'd at least get that far.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A camp invite doesn't mean much, let's be honest. Price would have had to really, REALLY **** the bed to not get an invite, especially considering how shaky Canada's goaltending depth looks. So unanimously, I think we all agreed he'd at least get that far.

He was the only unanimous invitee among the goalies though....it says something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad