News Article: Price's comments on Team Canada tryout

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
nothing he said was controversial in any way, quite boring really, so i now stand back and wait for the drama queens to pick apart what he said :nod: :allears:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
“There’s a lot of excellent goaltenders that come from Canada. I think we have very good depth in that department, and I’m fortunate to be named in that group,†Price said.

Hehe, no Price, we don't.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With a good start to the season he has a legit shot of being one of the 3 heading to Russia. Maybe he and PK will be doing some triple low fives in Sochi.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm sure he'll rebound next year. If he doesn't he'll only have himself to blame, and Bergevin will take matters into his own hands. Waite seems to have a great head on his shoulders and seems to have a plan and style in place for Price. Can't wait to see how he reacts.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I guess the hockey world is taking into account the fact that Price has played on bad teams here in Montreal and deserves a shot on the national stage to show what he can do. If he falters, I guess the city of Montreal and its crazy pressure causing fans can no longer be to blame.:laugh::laugh:

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Looking at the list of goalies invited to the orientation camp, he has as good a shot as anyone in making the final squad. Price would have to start the NHL season like gangbusters if he wants to usurp the only other gold medal-winner at camp, Roberto Luongo.

As far as I'm concerned, Luongo's the starter until someone surpasses him. Carey has the tools, let's see if he has the head.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Looking at the list of goalies invited to the orientation camp, he has as good a shot as anyone in making the final squad. Price would have to start the NHL season like gangbusters if he wants to usurp the only other gold medal-winner at camp, Roberto Luongo.

As far as I'm concerned, Luongo's the starter until someone surpasses him. Carey has the tools, let's see if he has the head.

I agree...I see Carey making the team.

Canada has shown in the past it likes to go with veteran goalies....but those goalies were one of the best goalies in the league at that time. I do not know if Luongo is even a top 10 goalie any more.
I really believe the starting job is up for grabs this time around.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I guess the hockey world is taking into account the fact that Price has played on bad teams here in Montreal and deserves a shot on the national stage to show what he can do. If he falters, I guess the city of Montreal and its crazy pressure causing fans can no longer be to blame.:laugh::laugh:

...or the hockey world acknowledges that he is easily a top 5 Canadian goalie right now, because they don't base their assessment of a player on a sub-par month of hockey.

Is anyone else not worried about Price at all? Because I'm really not.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Price has to compete for a spot? You mean hockey Canada is not doing an HFboards poll to determine the starting goalie?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The first time for Price to don the Leaf for Canada since being the MVP in the WJHC's and the Calder Cup MVP same year 2006/2007. The Habs could have two of the most prestigious roles taken by Subban and Price, #1 goalie and the reigning Norris Trophy winner leading the defence. Hopefully John Tavares is there also he and Subban being instrumental in leading Team Canada to gold at the WJHC's in 2007/2008.

The Olympics promises to be really entertaining for Hab fans if both our entrants make the team, Give er Carey & PK, love to see both of them representing Canada again.:handclap::handclap:

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Price has to compete for a spot? You mean hockey Canada is not doing an HFboards poll to determine the starting goalie?

thankfully not. MTL HF probably wouldn't even vote him to get an invite, let alone get starting spot.

When i first heard the news, it was on some random french radio and they were talking about it like it was a mistake they invite price...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00