News Article: Price Enters NHL/NHLPA Players Assistance Program (Mod warning in post #1)

Jul 6, 2016
I will never understand WHY Price decided to sign that big, long contract with the Habs. He could have had a good enough pay (8-9 M $) elsewhere without the headaches and pressure. He must love this team a lot.

Reactions: Mark9988

Jul 6, 2016
[QUOTE="jackeymoon, post: 180400962, member: 297519"]I wouldn't either if I took my team to the SCF and then was essentially given up for nothing to protect Jake freaking Allen.

Never got why people think he's worth the salary (allen that is). Guy is worse than Halak tbqh[/QUOTE]

He knew and approved this MB'S tactic. And I am sure, he would had been more than happy to move to Seattle.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Any semblance of success this team has had for the last 10+ years has been a direct result of Price's play. He knows it and so do the knowledgeable fans. If he's gone longer than 30 days and our back-ups don't put up stellar numbers, we'll be out of it by US Thanksgiving.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Any semblance of success this team has had for the last 10+ years has been a direct result of Price's play. He knows it and so do the knowledgeable fans. If he's gone longer than 30 days and our back-ups don't put up stellar numbers, we'll be out of it by US Thanksgiving.
I hope that happens. It’s for the best.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Do we get any kind of pro rated cap relief?
Yes but it’s minimal as it is for any player who doesn’t spend 80%+ of the season on LTIR - since the team needs to ensure said players full cap value is available at time of return

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Seriously though, we just have to look at the results with Price vs without Price, they speak for themselves.

Despite Allen posting "better" stats, the team lost much more than with Price in nets.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I will never understand WHY Price decided to sign that big, long contract with the Habs. He could have had a good enough pay (8-9 M $) elsewhere without the headaches and pressure. He must love this team a lot.
Why not set for life

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seriously though, we just have to look at the results with Price vs without Price, they speak for themselves.

Despite Allen posting "better" stats, the team lost much more than with Price in nets.

Hard to imagine this season doesn't go south fast if Price can't come back relatively soon.

Last year Price was out for a short stretch and Allen wasn't a great #1.

Reactions: abo9

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
It wasn't MB's tactic. It was Price who suggested it to MB.

Presumably he knew that he might not be available and acted to prevent the habs from losing Allen. Going into the season with Allen is one thing, going in with a Montembault/Primeau tandem would be interesting.

Reactions: HabstuckinTO

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Who knows right?
Some guys absolutely love the pressure/reward that comes from a passionate fanbase. Price seems like a guy who doesn't love the spot'ight outside the arena, but I'm sure he absolutely loves the cheers at the Bell Center when making a diving save.

A guy like Gallagher also strikes me as such a player, who strive off of the crowd. It's not just in the positive, but also in the negative. They always seem to come back better after a bad season.

Toffoli said he loved it as well, but I'm curious how he'll react to the "negative" crowd when things will go South.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I'm sure this has already been brought up, but I was thinking about Angela Price's comments after the news broke that he was being exposed in the expansion draft. She said this will all make sense soon... we thought at the time she was referring to the injuries/surgeries but maybe this is what they were anticipating might happen before the season began? And he agreed to be exposed so they didn't leave the team stranded without either Price or Allen?

And of course - all the best to Carey and his family.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This whole thing, has to be his mental fatigue......the draining feeling of being so close to the Cup....losing, and just 7 -8 weeks later to return to get set, to do it all again.................facing an 82 game schedule, being 34, realizing his buddy Weber is not going to be there....
Also the off ice stuff, where he seems to be hit the most, the situation with his heritage, and what is going on right now in this country. His family time, cut short because of a covid season, and covid playoffs etc

Everyone knows he can just walk away, and who knows that might be what gets decided.....he could also get the help he needs over the next 30 days, and he could want to get back to hockey? The pressure he faces during the season, daily...? Tough spot for him.
Best wishes to him, and his family....

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
This whole thing, has to be his mental fatigue......the draining feeling of being so close to the Cup....losing, and just 7 -8 weeks later to return to get set, to do it all again.................facing an 82 game schedule, being 34, realizing his buddy Weber is not going to be there....
Also the off ice stuff, where he seems to be hit the most, the situation with his heritage, and what is going on right now in this country. His family time, cut short because of a covid season, and covid playoffs etc

Yeah,

You would almost think he was a professional athlete or something....oh wait....

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't either if I took my team to the SCF and then was essentially given up for nothing to protect Jake freaking Allen.

Never got why people think he's worth the salary (allen that is). Guy is worse than Halak tbqh

Didn't the story come out that this was Price's idea? I hated the gamble and still think it was a stupid idea, but I don't know that you can as a takeaway say Price should be upset at Habs over it.

Allen is a decent goalie. Way better than any backup goalie we've had for a long time (Halak was over 12 years ago now). He offers the luxury of not having to play Price ~60 games. A well rested Price performs big-time in playoffs, just look at last 2 years

Reactions: dralaf and BLONG7

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Whatever price is dealing with I hope he takes the time to recover and find some peace.

He’s been the man for how long. He’s had some injuries along the way. He just went to the finals. It was the shortest off season in nhl history. He’s 34 years old. He just got a surgery. Even without mental health being an issue everything else suggests it’s to early for Price to come back. We know he deals with a fatigue condition. Let the man rest for a couple of months. If the boys hold on without him great.

without the mental health problems I’m not so sure price would be beneficial for us right now anyways. Allen would probably be the better option for a couple months. Let price recover mentally and physically. He’s earned it.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad