Injury Report: Price DONE for the series vs NYR

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bournival skates like the wind. He was giving the Bruins D fits. Amazing energy player. Speed kills. Galy should replace Bourque if Bourque starts to slow down.

Bourque as much as he has had a tough season he shouldn't be coming out, unless of an injury. Any news on that, he looked in big time pain late in the 3rd in Boston

Last edited:

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
What the F happened to Moen? Has he had a relapse?

Moen was on the 5th line according to most of the people covering the team. Parros probably had 1 shift with them and that's when Lu decided to write his tweet.

On a side note, our depth is pretty amazing. Our 5th line could be Prust-White-Moen...that's a solid NHL line.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Guys, I don't think any of us here WANT to see Bournival out. I love the guy, think he's a great role player. But are you really willing to sit Bourque even though he's stopped scoring? He's still been a useful player out there and the offensive/chemistry upside with Eller & Gionta is still there.

I'm just saying that I think that if Chucky draws in, Bournival will be the one to sit. Still don't think Bourque has played himself off the starting lineup.

Prust seems to be back in form. Weise isn't getting scratched, and, hopefully, Michel has learned his lesson with Danny B and will keep him in regardless of what happens.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
The only place I can see galchenyuk is on the fourth line if he plays. It just wouldn't make any sense to me if they took out bournival or bork for galchenyuk who hasn't played yet this playoffs.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Unless it's a sweep, we'll surely see Galchenyuk on the roster during the series. Therrien will pick a scapegoat following a loss and insert the kid in.

I know people will find a way to complain if he's not playing right away, but Therrien simply can't move anyone that played in game #7 out of respect for what they did as a group.

Galchenyuk should end up playing alongside Plekanec and Vanek, with Turtleneck taking mucho defensive responsibilities since Vanek and Galchenyuk are no defensive wizards.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Guys, I don't think any of us here WANT to see Bournival out. I love the guy, think he's a great role player. But are you really willing to sit Bourque even though he's stopped scoring? He's still been a useful player out there and the offensive/chemistry upside with Eller & Gionta is still there.

I'm just saying that I think that if Chucky draws in, Bournival will be the one to sit. Still don't think Bourque has played himself off the starting lineup.

Prust seems to be back in form. Weise isn't getting scratched, and, hopefully, Michel has learned his lesson with Danny B and will keep him in regardless of what happens.

Bournival is faster, a better forechecker and has better hands then Prust. That would be a huge mistake to scratch Bournival...and I mean huge. He's also a lot better defensively.

MarcBergevin*

Not complicated really. Gally goes back to the second line. Bournival doesnt have the hands to play in that position. He sits until someone on the fourth line has a bad game.

habscup*

Not complicated really. Gally goes back to the second line. Bournival doesnt have the hands to play in that position. He sits until someone on the fourth line has a bad game.

Bournival won't sit. He's been amazing.

K1ng0fthecastl3

May 16, 2014
NY

Prust needs to sit before Bournival. Prust showed a little life in game 7 but has not played to the level Bournival has

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Bournival is a great 3rd liner. Speed, desire and most importantly discipline.

Actually, when you look at our LWs, who is the one you'd be most comfortable out there against St. Louis who plays RW...

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Well he still has no place on the second line. He doesnt have the hands. Prust ( was injured ) will not sit against the Rangers.

It may surprise you to know that Bournival actually DOES have some pretty sick hands and a very deadly shot when he has the time to get it off. Since he's basically been a roadrunner and battering ram, he hasn't played that scorers game, but he is an offensive talent. I love Chuck, but ask him to use his hands at THAT speed and with that intensity in the playoffs. Even in the regular season, Chucky has had trouble getting up to that extra gear, often loses the puck or shoots wide.

Again, I love what Chucky brings and I can definitely see him being a huge gamebreaker in this series, but you just do NOT take out Bournival.

Where we need Chucky: vision, passes, riffling top shelf. That's if he gets time and space.

I also think Prust, though having played great and is a time-tested vet + against his former team, would be the one to come out, but it all depends how he plays in game 1, maybe game 2 if he's still in. It will be strange seeing Moen, Prust and White in the pressbox, but I guess this is a good thing.

sendoh12

Oct 8, 2013
Montreal
Unless it's a sweep, we'll surely see Galchenyuk on the roster during the series. Therrien will pick a scapegoat following a loss and insert the kid in.

I know people will find a way to complain if he's not playing right away, but Therrien simply can't move anyone that played in game #7 out of respect for what they did as a group.

Galchenyuk should end up playing alongside Plekanec and Vanek, with Turtleneck taking mucho defensive responsibilities since Vanek and Galchenyuk are no defensive wizards.

This. I still can't understand why Bournival is always the first guy people want to see out of the lineup. Prust would be my pick for sure if we had to sub a guy out. The simplest solution is to wait and see who performs the least in the first game.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
If Prust is still not 100%, then he's first in line to sit. He did look better, played with some more jump, in G6/G7 than at any time in the playoffs.

Bourque might be second in line. Some of his lazy habits are creeping back into his game. Not hustling quite as much, not digging quite as hard along the boards. That could still be corrected though.

Finally, Bournival, although he's done so well you'd hate to sit him.

Kind of a good problem to have.

K1ng0fthecastl3

May 16, 2014
NY
If Prust is still not 100%, then he's first in line to sit. He did look better, played with some more jump, in G6/G7 than at any time in the playoffs.

Bourque might be second in line. Some of his lazy habits are creeping back into his game. Not hustling quite as much, not digging quite as hard along the boards. That could still be corrected though.

Finally, Bournival, although he's done so well you'd hate to sit him.

Kind of a good problem to have.

It is a good problem to have. I don't think anything in the lineup will change for game 1 though.

Has to put some real pressure on the guys in the lineup knowing that though

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I have no idea who to sit for him tho i love this team!

845349868.gif

650606-alex-galchenyuk-27-inscrit-but.jpg

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Unfortunately someone who doesn't deserve to sit, should sit in place of Galchenyuk if he is 100%. It is important for him to soak in as much playoff experience as possible.

I think either Bourque or Prust should sit. I would sit Bourque first since he has cooled off and Prust will give his all against his former team. If it doesn't work, you bring Bourque back in the fray.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Re-unite them since I think they can return to regular season form since they should have more room to operate against the Rangers.
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Put the kids back together with the veteran.
Bournival - Eller - Gionta
Great speed and tenacity for a third line.
Prust - Briere - Weise
Great energy and grit on the wings with cluth Briere.

If you take Prust out, you put Bournival on the 4th line in his place and Bourque goes back on his regular line.

I think Bournival's relentless forecheck is too important to take him out of the lineup.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
For me.. Prust is the only guy you can remove that would hurt the team the least.

The change will happen once they lose and maybe who to pull out will be more obvious in a loss.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
It feels good finally having some depth to work with in the playoffs... We usually have injuries and no depth filling up the holes with defense man on the 4th line or Tom Pyatt type of players.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
For me.. Prust is the only guy you can remove that would hurt the team the least.

The change will happen once they lose and maybe who to pull out will be more obvious in a loss.

Prust is the no brainer option. But he'll be kept in for sentimental purposes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad