Post-Game Talk: Price beaten by ''the'' jinx! Habs lose 1-2 in OT

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
2 years?what are you kidding?its been a **** show for 7 years now.how long did it take Yzerman to build Tampa Bay?love the Domi/Tatar trades which proves you don't build a team strictly through the draft its a mix and Bergeven just doesn't have what it takes to build a true contender or manage the assets he has.
A shit show for 7??.....we made the eastern conference final and hit the second round......man, if that’s your definition of shit show, Leafs are an absolute DISASTER of a team since they’ve won ZERO rounds in the last 7yrs.....When thinking disaster, think of the Oilers, or Coyotes, or Florida, or Ottawa

Yzerman....ya, we’ll compare almost every GM in the league to him and they’ll lose....come on man!!

Reactions: Astormynight

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
A **** show for 7??.....we made the eastern conference final and hit the second round......man, if that’s your definition of **** show, Leafs are an absolute DISASTER of a team since they’ve won ZERO rounds in the last 7yrs.....When thinking disaster, think of the Oilers, or Coyotes, or Florida, or Ottawa

Yzerman....ya, we’ll compare almost every GM in the league to him and they’ll lose....come on man!!

You’ve got a great memory to remember 2013/14 and 2014/15 so well. To me it seems so far away.

Do tell me of the amazing feats of Marc Bergevin in his 2nd and 3rd seasons with the club, and all of his sly trades and signings over those 3 years that took us from zeros to heroes. Also if you could, please completely forget about Price’s otherworldly performances and PK’s Norris winning season.

Once you’re done doing that, please tell me how he grew the team into a contender after having so much promise, including inheriting a 3rd overall pick.

Oh Jaffy, don’t ever change.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
A **** show for 7??.....we made the eastern conference final and hit the second round......man, if that’s your definition of **** show, Leafs are an absolute DISASTER of a team since they’ve won ZERO rounds in the last 7yrs.....When thinking disaster, think of the Oilers, or Coyotes, or Florida, or Ottawa

Agreed I'll give him maybe 1 or two years of a focused/structured approach but his biggest problem is he never finishes what he starts and the Weber trade is the litmus test ,I had no problem trading Subban but the thinking at the time was win now with Weber and he never really got anything else of elite value to make the team a contender this is what separates him from Tampa they greatly improved/corrected there team significantly after losing out on the big prize.Its like the addition of Weal/Thompson ,I like there grit and effort but they are not going to put this team over the top.And then there's the defense,what a mess of musical chairs.Point is this team has been nothing but a mediocre regular season team at best for wayyyyy to long.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Of course you can. We are a PO bubble team. We're battling to make the POs, that's all it means. How bad we've been or not for how many years changes absolutely fak all.

He's been at the helm for 7 years, and here we are, struggling to make the POs after finishing in bottom 10 in the last 2 out of 3 years. Ohh...we're not like Columbus...woopdeemudafakndo.

The point is they’re stocking up on picks and prospects. There is talent in the pipeline now.

Thats ok. Most MB fans would agree with you.

Thats why these debates on whether to fire MB or not have gone on for years.

All the while the Habs remain a non contender winning sweet **** all.

My post had nothing to do with being an MB fan i was just citing a few facts about the team’s current situation. Your post wasn’t relevant; if you want to beat yourself over the head with a stick go do it without replying to my posts with gibberish

Habsqqww

Mar 10, 2019
A **** show for 7??.....we made the eastern conference final and hit the second round......man, if that’s your definition of **** show, Leafs are an absolute DISASTER of a team since they’ve won ZERO rounds in the last 7yrs

comments like this are rediculous, and are posted out of jealousy

torontos window is just beginning to open, they have a young team, and the future looks very bright,

matthews, tavares, kadri....vs....domi, danault, KK....enough said :rolleyes:

goaltending is a wash, andersen is just as good as price at half the cost,

and reilly is already better then weber, and is still getting better,

kapanen and marner vs tatar and gallagher?.....get serious,

don't even try to tell me you wouldn't trade team for team with toronto :rolleyes:

enough said

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
comments like this are rediculous, and are posted out of jealousy

torontos window is just beginning to open, they have a young team, and the future looks very bright,

matthews, tavares, kadri....vs....domi, danault, KK....enough said :rolleyes:

goaltending is a wash, andersen is just as good as price at half the cost,

and reilly is already better then weber, and is still getting better,

kapanen and marner vs tatar and gallagher?.....get serious,

don't even try to tell me you wouldn't trade team for team with toronto :rolleyes:

enough said
Toronto looks similar to Dallas a few years back. Loaded with forwards but weak on defense. Andersen is better than Dallas' duo, which is the only reason the Leafs will make the playoffs. But like Dallas, their roster is built for regular season hype and post-season failure. Oh - and Dallas' offence from three/four years ago was better than the Leafs' current offence. Didn't do them any good.

Notice that Toronto's record has slipped in almost direct relation to Andersen's declining performance since January.

Habsqqww

Mar 10, 2019
Notice that Toronto's record has slipped in almost direct relation to Andersen's declining performance since January.

Toronto have been playing without 2 of their starting 6 defensemen, one being a top 4, any team would slump doing that,

Carey Price was worse without weber....torontos situation is no different,

andersen hasn't been the problem, the defense has been

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Toronto have been playing without 2 of their starting 6 defensemen, one being a top 4, any team would slump doing that,

Carey Price was worse without weber....torontos situation is no different
Every team plays with injuries. The best teams continue to win. Leafs haven't.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Toronto looks similar to Dallas a few years back. Loaded with forwards but weak on defense. Andersen is better than Dallas' duo, which is the only reason the Leafs will make the playoffs. But like Dallas, their roster is built for regular season hype and post-season failure. Oh - and Dallas' offence from three/four years ago was better than the Leafs' current offence. Didn't do them any good.

Andersen's performance definitely declined with loss of Gardiner.

But... that's no excuse for the team as a whole. It shows how thin they are on D. Just like us.

Carey Price was worse without weber....torontos situation is no different,

andersen hasn't been the problem, the defense has been
Nonsense. They have a Norris blueliner in the lineup. We lost our number one for a year and a half. You are talking apples and oranges here.

The only similarity here is that both clubs have a paper thin D and it kills them when they lose a key player back there.

Leafs have a great team and I think they'll win a cup within the next couple of years but to try to pretend like they don't have serious issues on the back end is... something a Leaf fan would say. :)

For someone who's supposed to be all about 'realism' you sure don't seem realistic about other teams when bashing ours.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Andersen has been pretty steady all year. I don’t think Toronto’s play dipping has any relation with him. He’s had a brutal 4-5 game stretch. We saw it with Carey earlier in the year. Only difference is it’s happening at the worst possible time for them. He’s been brutal the last couple of weeks but so has their overall team defence. They better hope they have a cost controlled player coming in who can replace Gardiner when he walks because that d core is a trainwreck.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Andersen has been pretty steady all year. I don’t think Toronto’s play dipping has any relation with him. He’s had a brutal 4-5 game stretch. We saw it with Carey earlier in the year. Only difference is it’s happening at the worst possible time for them. He’s been brutal the last couple of weeks but so has their overall team defence. They better hope they have a cost controlled player coming in who can replace Gardiner when he walks because that d core is a trainwreck.
Andersen's numbers have taken an eight point dive in about the last month. I personally think this is probably due to Gardiner going down.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Andersen's numbers have taken an eight point dive in about the last month. I personally think this is probably due to Gardiner going down.

It’s very similar to Price earlier in the year. For Toronto’s sake, Andersen better come out of it. We should know better then anyone as Canadiens fans how much of an impact only one or two players missing from a bad defence can have. They have a lot of power up front, but that’s not the kind of game approach I’d want to flirt with going into a series with Boston.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You’ve got a great memory to remember 2013/14 and 2014/15 so well. To me it seems so far away.

Do tell me of the amazing feats of Marc Bergevin in his 2nd and 3rd seasons with the club, and all of his sly trades and signings over those 3 years that took us from zeros to heroes. Also if you could, please completely forget about Price’s otherworldly performances and PK’s Norris winning season.

Once you’re done doing that, please tell me how he grew the team into a contender after having so much promise, including inheriting a 3rd overall pick.

Oh Jaffy, don’t ever change.
Forget Price being a god and PK winning the Norris....so what you’re telling me is he didn’t really inherit a stacked team like so many want to believe......I mean if he did, the team would t miss a beat.....fact is that core won nothing and moved on to win nothing.

He inherited a team that lacked centerman, depth and prospects.......he also inherited a 3rd overall pick in the weakest draft since the late 90’s.......I also remember him wanting to draft Reilly but went with his scouts and selected Galchenyuk, an ok choice but not his.

This is not to excuse his mistakes, he’s made plenty, but to call his entire tenure a failure.....pense pas.....unless of course it’s Stanley Cup or nothing.....but then we can play that game with so many GM’s

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
yeah just like we continued to win when Price went down right?

oh wait...we had the worst colapse in NHL history
What does a team from 2015/16 have to do with this? Your point is melting faster than an ice cube in a microwave.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is interesting: The standings from January 1 to date.upload_2019-3-26_13-27-5.png

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Forget Price being a god and PK winning the Norris....so what you’re telling me is he didn’t really inherit a stacked team like so many want to believe......I mean if he did, the team would t miss a beat.....fact is that core won nothing and moved on to win nothing.

He inherited a team that lacked centerman, depth and prospects.......he also inherited a 3rd overall pick in the weakest draft since the late 90’s.......I also remember him wanting to draft Reilly but went with his scouts and selected Galchenyuk, an ok choice but not his.

This is not to excuse his mistakes, he’s made plenty, but to call his entire tenure a failure.....pense pas.....unless of course it’s Stanley Cup or nothing.....but then we can play that game with so many GM’s

He also wanted Lucic instead of Radulov, traded the habs only good LHD prospect at the time for the habs current whipping boy, decimated his LHD in one off season and got his man that he courted in Karl Alzner. How about those choices. He did nothing to address the center position until it was slapping him in the face.
What is successful? That he managed to have a good draft in his 7th off season, which he should have been fired prior to. MB really knows how to address weaknesses........ 6 years later. Just wait until 2023, maybe he will get the LHD situation to the top of the priority list by then.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What does a team from 2015/16 have to do with this? Your point is melting faster than an ice cube in a microwave.
He is talking more about the guy who built that team. Only comes into play because its the same guy trying to build the team.

He is ASSUMING the mans track record is an indication the team will continue to suck compared to the real contenders.

You are HOPING it does not indicate that.

I'de bet with him and against you.

Nothing personal. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
not sure what your point is,

i would take toronto's team and prospects over ours any day,

toronto will win a cup before we do
I was posting interesting numbers, nothing more. Tap dance around the data all you want, but your Leafs have been running out of steam since January. They're a mediocre team heading towards yet another 1st round exit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad