Post-Game Talk: Price beaten by ''the'' jinx! Habs lose 1-2 in OT

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
MTL is 2nd in the NHL for most players over 30 pts.... Carey Price in not the sole reason MTL is in a playoff spot.

Btw Mete is a legit top4 defenceman right now.

Ya, CP's been very good since December but he is not the sole reason, dont know why but people like to say that.....probably beceause it fits their narrative that this team is crap

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Actually, the primary factor that is putting more butts in the seats is being a relevant team in JAN/FEB/MAR. That hasn't happened in almost a DECADE. It's resulted in about 2,000+ more folks in the arena per home game, a number that will continue to climb as we clinch our spot and start selling playoff packages. I have zero doubts that we will sell out our playoff games.

I hope that the average HFBoards poster possesses enough intellect to know that Canes fans are not dropping hundreds of dollars for the NHL game experience to watch a post game celly that may or may not even happen.

If Canadian fans want to crap all over American markets for not supporting their teams through "thick or thin," then I'll happily plead guilty. Americans will not pay good money to support horrible team ownership or management decisions, and I think that is healthiest for the game.

Win and they will come. Lose, and they will lose interest and spend their money elsewhere (see PIT, CHI, TPA).
Great post.

I do not think for a second that one more ticket is sold because of the post game celly. Just a few good laughs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You're making a big mistake if you're positing that "Canadian fans" is a homogeneous group. Reviews are mixed. However, it doesn't matter. If it works for Canes fans who pay good money to support their team, then more power to them. The Canes's celebrations are taking place after the visiting team has left the ice. What they choose to do in their building with their fans, is their business.
Of course it is. But they have to be open to applause as well as ridicule. It was in fact the ridicule by Cherry that got it all the more attention.

Reactions: Runner77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yet, here’s his team, 6pts behind the all MIGHTY Maple Leafs......and he’s doing it with 8m$ left in cap space with loads of talent in the pipelines.......:laugh:

Ya.....wayyyy in over his head lol
"he" aint doing shit.

7 years in and he built a bubble team.

He should send annual thank you cards to prior management for Price.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
"he" aint doing ****.

He built a bubble team out a lottery team in one year... by not buying free agents, having a heck of a draft and making trades that both restocked our prospect pool and gave us players that were almost inarguably upgrades.

If I say this it's with the knowledge that it's been a bad 5-6 years but it is what it is. You can't call this team a bubble team the same way you talk about Minnesota, Columbus or other teams that are struggling to make it despite having a cap team and trading away prospects for free agents.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why not? Because I face reality?
"Facing reality" is fine. Rooting against the team is a whole other thing entirely. In the 86 posts you've made I haven't seen a single positive thing you've said.

Hell, the other night you tried to downplay the team's history with its 22,000th goal. I see no evidence of you being a fan of the team in any way.

Case in point your first post here:
Weber is fat and slow also

And now you're telling us we have no chance at the playoffs?

Come clean. Bruin or Leaf fan?

Reactions: hvac412

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Like I said, you can have your opinion but I don't know why you get upset to the point of calling it disrespectful and classless when it's not meant to you, me, the opponents. It's for the fans.. It's simply a marketing strategy to help a non-hockey market. Plus it's after the game. Nobody is forced to watch it. It's in their own ****ing building. Why should we care. How is that even classless and disrespectful? To whom???

You make me think on this:

91sn32Q.jpg

Id like your post if i could

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Worse how? Not like this ... :sarcasm:

p.s. no one got seriously hurt. There's an extra layer of embarrassment in the closing segment. Stay with it.

:laugh: Just watched this. Poor guy whacked his face on the ground and pissed himself but he did do everyone a huge favor by finally making that bridesmaid shut up. Maybe Geoff can call her up to sing the anthems at the Bell Centre tomorrow night. :)

After watching that video Youtube recommended a "1 year post boob job" video for me to watch. :) Even though I really really didn't want to watch that Youtube recommended video I ended up watching it and yup, there they were. :DD

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
"he" aint doing ****.

Yes he is.....you’re just to caught up in the last 2yrs that you don’t see what’s going on right now.....let go of Therrien days that saw us go to a ECF and look at today.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yes he is.....you’re just to caught up in the last 2yrs that you don’t see what’s going on right now.....let go of Therrien days that saw us go to a ECF and look at today.
MB is as much an asset as GM as DD was a center.

There are smarter more competent guys out there.

You can tell me all day long how MB is doing better than he was. So what. He built a bubble tea,m around the best goaltender in the game. And it took him 7 years to do it.

Every GM in Canadiens history has been fired for less.

You say I am caught up in this, that or other the thing .........thats cool. Ill say to you that all you have done is lower the bar. A 10 year plan. I know. Give him some more time. Patience. :laugh:

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He built a bubble team out a lottery team in one year... by not buying free agents, having a heck of a draft and making trades that both restocked our prospect pool and gave us players that were almost inarguably upgrades.

If I say this it's with the knowledge that it's been a bad 5-6 years but it is what it is. You can't call this team a bubble team the same way you talk about Minnesota, Columbus or other teams that are struggling to make it despite having a cap team and trading away prospects for free agents.
Lower that bar buddy.

Bergevin has done a good job with the mess in inherited from....uh.........Bergevin. I see.

Team has won 1 round in 4 years. Three in his entire tenure.

Fired. "Get a Dog"

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of course it is. But they have to be open to applause as well as ridicule. It was in fact the ridicule by Cherry that got it all the more attention.

Cherry gifted them a marketing angle on a silver plate. And they quickly embraced it.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I am looking at today.........all the teams. Not just Montreals future super star prospects. :sarcasm:

Cause we all know, nobody else has good prospects.

The likes of KK, Mete, Suzuki are the talk of the league. No other team have anyone like those gems coming up.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Lower that bar buddy.

Bergevin has done a good job with the mess in inherited from....uh.........Bergevin. I see.

Team has won 1 round in 4 years. Three in his entire tenure.

Fired. "Get a Dog"

I don't think there's any point in your post at all

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

like he's not the one who built the lottery team to begin with... :laugh:

Reactions: PaulD and Rapala

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Why did I find myself thinking New Jersey 2.0 (sans Brodeur) watching the Canes on Sunday? Dull, playing the percentages, pushing the rulebook to the limit in the neutral zone.....and topped off with a healthy slice of puck luck at both ends.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think there's any point in your post at all
Thats ok. Most MB fans would agree with you.

Thats why these debates on whether to fire MB or not have gone on for years.

All the while the Habs remain a non contender winning sweet f*** all.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Why did I find myself thinking New Jersey 2.0 (sans Brodeur) watching the Canes on Sunday? Dull, playing the percentages, pushing the rulebook to the limit in the neutral zone.....and topped off with a healthy slice of puck luck at both ends.
Habs or Canes?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Of course you can. We are a PO bubble team. We're battling to make the POs, that's all it means. How bad we've been or not for how many years changes absolutely fak all.

He's been at the helm for 7 years, and here we are, struggling to make the POs after finishing in bottom 10 in the last 2 out of 3 years. Ohh...we're not like Columbus...woopdeemudafakndo.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
2 years?what are you kidding?its been a shit show for 7 years now.how long did it take Yzerman to build Tampa Bay?love the Domi/Tatar trades which proves you don't build a team strictly through the draft its a mix and Bergeven just doesn't have what it takes to build a true contender or manage the assets he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad