Post-Game Talk: Price beaten by ''the'' jinx! Habs lose 1-2 in OT

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Look at all the Eastern teams at the top. :laugh:

Wrong year to be in this conference.
Yeah, I'm almost glad the Habs are building rather than built. There's no room at the top until Tampa and Washington pass their peaks. This season I've stopped noticing Tampa just like I've stopped noticing the moon. They're always there whenever you look up. The Bruins are interesting, but I'm counting on Tampa to squeeze the last remaining surge out of that aging bunch of ***holes.

Coolest stories for me are the Blues and Calgary in the west, and Canes and the NYI in the east. A St Louis v. Carolina SCF would be hilarious on so many levels.

Habsqqww

Mar 10, 2019
I was posting interesting numbers, nothing more. Tap dance around the data all you want, but your Leafs have been running out of steam since January. They're a mediocre team heading towards yet another 1st round exit.

and where have we been heading in the past 3-4 years?

are we better then a first round exit?

where do you think the leafs will be in another 2-3 years?

where do you think we will be in another 2-3 years?

the leafs and us are going in opposite directions, its been that way for the past 2-3 years,

when is the last time we beat the leafs?.....2 years ago?.....yeah but its all okay because previous to that we beat them 12 games in row, thats all that matters :rolleyes:

leafs will win a cup before we do.....guaranteed

we are on a road to nowhere....when you don't know where you want to go, any road will take you there,

the leafs have a plan and a direction, you just dont see it cause you have your habs glasses on,

only place we can equal the leafs is in net, if andersen played on our team this season, and price played for the leafs, there would be no difference, we would both be in the same spots,

there is no where we are better then the leafs,

reilly better then weber,

marner, kapanen vs gallagher and tatar.....LOL:laugh:

tavares, matthews, kadri vs danault, domi....LOL :laugh:

but dont worry....KK will be our matthews and all will be fine :rolleyes:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was posting interesting numbers, nothing more. Tap dance around the data all you want, but your Leafs have been running out of steam since January. They're a mediocre team heading towards yet another 1st round exit.

I've always hoped our team would trend stronger this time of year but it hasn't happened in a while now.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Forget Price being a god and PK winning the Norris....so what you’re telling me is he didn’t really inherit a stacked team like so many want to believe......I mean if he did, the team would t miss a beat.....fact is that core won nothing and moved on to win nothing.

He inherited a team that lacked centerman, depth and prospects.......he also inherited a 3rd overall pick in the weakest draft since the late 90’s.......I also remember him wanting to draft Reilly but went with his scouts and selected Galchenyuk, an ok choice but not his.

This is not to excuse his mistakes, he’s made plenty, but to call his entire tenure a failure.....pense pas.....unless of course it’s Stanley Cup or nothing.....but then we can play that game with so many GM’s
Who are those GM's.....all the top GM's have either won stanley cups or gone to the finals or on the verge of winning cups or a lot closer than Montreal ....only GM who has been in the NHL as long or longer than Bergevin who has not is Doug Armstrong who is as dumb as Bergevin.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
and where have we been heading in the past 3-4 years?

are we better then a first round exit?

where do you think the leafs will be in another 2-3 years?

where do you think we will be in another 2-3 years?

the leafs and us are going in opposite directions, its been that way for the past 2-3 years,

when is the last time we beat the leafs?.....2 years ago?.....yeah but its all okay because previous to that we beat them 12 games in row, thats all that matters :rolleyes:

leafs will win a cup before we do.....guaranteed

we are on a road to nowhere....when you don't know where you want to go, any road will take you there,

the leafs have a plan and a direction, you just dont see it cause you have your habs glasses on,

only place we can equal the leafs is in net, if andersen played on our team this season, and price played for the leafs, there would be no difference, we would both be in the same spots,
If the standings and playoffs were decided by imagination and hope, the Leafs would be an unstoppable dynasty. Luckily for the rest of us, success is decided by actual wins and actual playoff series. And in that world of actual things, Toronto has achieved precisely zero. That's why most NHL fans have learned to tune out the annual 'guarantees' of Leafs fans. At least it's entertaining, kinda like Charlie Brown kicking that football.

Habsqqww

Mar 10, 2019
If the standings and playoffs were decided by imagination and hope, the Leafs would be an unstoppable dynasty. Luckily for the rest of us, success is decided by actual wins and actual playoff series. And in that world of actual things, Toronto has achieved precisely zero..

replace toronto with montreal in your words, and leafs with habs, and its exactly the same,

and you have conveniently avoided my other questions ;)

its okay....we all know toronto will be the better team for the next 10 years

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I've always hoped our team would trend stronger this time of year but it hasn't happened in a while now.
Agreed. But really, how many of us were expecting anything close to an upward trend this season? For me, this season is important only as a prelude to the next couple of seasons. I'm good with our current modest level of success, as long as we're still building towards something. If it turns out that this is it, that Bergevin considers his job done and this team built, then I'll be pretty pissed.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
replace toronto with montreal in your words, and leafs with habs, and its exactly the same
Every single fan base is built on hope, that's true. Nothing wrong with that. Even Toronto fans's delusion of being a contender is perfectly normal. What's different is the volume level of their delusion and the media campaign that -- literally -- buys into that delusion. It manifests in ridiculous threads on this board and ridiculous claims of Cup 'guarantees'. The older, more mature Leafs fans are cautiously optimistic -- I totally respect that. However I don't respect others in your fan base who are the equivalent of religious zealots shoving leaflets into everyone's hands.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He also wanted Lucic instead of Radulov, traded the habs only good LHD prospect at the time for the habs current whipping boy, decimated his LHD in one off season and got his man that he courted in Karl Alzner. How about those choices. He did nothing to address the center position until it was slapping him in the face.
What is successful? That he managed to have a good draft in his 7th off season, which he should have been fired prior to. MB really knows how to address weaknesses........ 6 years later. Just wait until 2023, maybe he will get the LHD situation to the top of the priority list by then.
Which NHL teams were lining up to sign Radulov???

Detroit?

Who else??

The Centre position has been addressed.....stop crying

Prospect pool has been addressed

RHD pool has been addressed

LHD is next.......if he doesn’t do it this off season, you can gloat all you want

Alzner was a mistake....yes

Domi, Tatar, Suzuki, Kotka have been huge successes.......

I know it goes against the narrative to point out what’s worked out......and when something does work out you have to bitch against the length of time......like....boooorinnnng conversation

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agreed. But really, how many of us were expecting anything close to an upward trend this season? For me, this season is important only as a prelude to the next couple of seasons. I'm good with our current modest level of success, as long as we're still building towards something. If it turns out that this is it, that Bergevin considers his job done and this team built, then I'll be pretty pissed.
If we regress next year, then he should be fired

Reactions: Lshap

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This isnt about Radulov but I expect nothing less from you at this point.
No, it’s about what he did 3yrs ago instead about focusing on what’s going on right now.....it really doesn’t surprise me that you have to dig years back to cry over the Internet

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
No, it’s about what he did 3yrs ago instead about focusing on what’s going on right now.....it really doesn’t surprise me that you have to dig years back to cry over the Internet

Yeah it wasnt about Radulov it was about his primary choices, which you went into when you said he wanted Reilly not Galchenyuk. Look at his other primary choices.

You brought up not having centers when he first assumed the position. Which still isnt resolved. Yeah the real problem is me going back 3 years for his poor choices, not you going back to the start of his tenure.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada

I think what posters like you don’t understand is that he wasted the core he inherited. Was it enough to win a cup on its own? No. But did MB make the proper choices to fill its needs? Nope.

You can say we are living in the past, and I wouldn’t say you’re wrong, but it still stings. Look at a player like Carey Price. They don’t come along every day... wasted. PK. Wasted. Galchenyuk - developed poorly and wasted. Pacioretty - managed poorly and wasted. Markov - wasted. Radulov - wasted. No GM should continue to be employed after failing a team like we had, one that went to the Conference finals and the 2nd round in his 2nd and 3rd seasons in charge.

Now you say the C position is fixed after 1 season. I’ll believe it when he has another 2 seasons at this pace. Prospects issue is fixed... I’ll believe that when they are developed properly and show consistent value to the team.

The Habs have very much over achieved this season, and unless they can do it again next season with the aging Weber and Price, then I think it will be a long time before we can consider ourselves contenders again.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah it wasnt about Radulov it was about his primary choices, which you went into when you said he wanted Reilly not Galchenyuk. Look at his other primary choices.

You brought up not having centers when he first assumed the position. Which still isnt resolved. Yeah the real problem is me going back 3 years for his poor choices, not you going back to the start of his tenure.
Centres

Domi
Danault
Kotkaniemi

4th liners are Weal and Thompson

Up and comers

Poehling
Suzuki (probably play wing)
Olofsson
McShane
Hillis
Fonstad

I’d say we have proven NHLers with good 4th liners and a nice pool of prospects

We can move on from the we don’t have centres debate now

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Centres

Domi
Danault
Kotkaniemi

4th liners are Weal and Thompson

Up and comers

Poehling
Suzuki (probably play wing)
Olofsson
McShane
Hillis
Fonstad

I’d say we have proven NHLers with good 4th liners and a nice pool of prospects

We can move on from the we don’t have centres debate now

It is more promising but until Domi repeats and Kotkaniemi transforms into whatever he will become it is far from solved. Danault is at best equal to Plekanec and Domi is a better more complete version of DD, but has to do it a second year. Say Danault or Domi gets hurt then where does it stand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad