Post-Game Talk: Price 2 @ Goldobin 1

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Canucks deny Canadiens NHL record-tying 10th win to start season

McCann scores twice, Miller outduels Price in goalie showdown

By Joshua Clipperton, The Canadian Press Posted: Oct 28, 2015

The Vancouver Canucks' first win on home ice stopped the red-hot Montreal Canadiens in their tracks.

Jared McCann scored twice and Ryan Miller made 25 saves as Vancouver picked up a 5-1 victory on Tuesday to hand Montreal its first loss of the season.

"It was huge," said Canucks forward Alex Burrows. "It's a huge measuring stick against probably the best team in the league right now."

The Canadiens (9-1-0) had set an NHL record with nine straight regulation wins to begin the year, and were one victory from tying the best start in league history set by the 1993-94 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 2006-07 Buffalo Sabres.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I know Sergio Momesso works for TSN Radio 690 in some capacity. Is he part of the Habs' broadcast crew? Running into him and scoring his autograph would make my day.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Was hoping for witty gdt title
Got sad over the info inside reminding me we had McCann once upon a time, instead of the near nothing of prospects we have at C

Thanks CM :(

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gotta beat these losers. Noone likes the habs and we should destroy these losers. 4-0 Nucks with goals by Horvat Baertchi Granlund and Goldy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Was hoping for witty gdt title
Got sad over the info inside reminding me we had McCann once upon a time, instead of the near nothing of prospects we have at C

Thanks CM :(

Gaudette >>>>>> Mcann and AINEC

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Scratching my head trying to get a handle on this game....Canucks are loose, with still nothing to play for....and Price has had some shaky outings in VanCity over the years....still, guessing it'll be tight...2-1 for somebody, with the result a toss-up.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Going to the game, hopefully it's like the last couple times the habs have come through our building. Their fanbase makes up more then 50% of the attendance, and we score a couple early ones to snuff the smugness out of them. I don't think I could take a game that goes the other way, but I guess that's what the 9$ beer are for.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Habs look every bit as inconsistent as most teams in the league..I had high hopes for them earlier in the season,but in reality,they're pretty fragile...they will probably be squeezing the sticks a lot harder than the Canucks...anybody's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad