Preventing the Run

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I don't even get how this works in theory.

Are you actually suggesting that if Douglas Murray was dressed in that game versus the Rangers, Chris Krieder would have driven to the net in a different way?

That can't be what you're saying.

Furthermore, you are upset that "nobody did a damn thing about it" which begs the question: why do you think could have and should have been done about it? If Douglas Murray promptly fought Chris Krieder after the injury, what exactly would that have done?

If you don't understand the concepts of intimidation on one hand and cowardice on the other, there's not much I can type on a message board to help you.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Kreider would have run Price regardless of how tough we were.

Then Lundqvist should have been wrecked and wrecked hard.

You can't always prevent but you can 100% percent retaliate.

Irrelevant though. The die is cast. We get to sit back and watch for not if, but when it happens. I hope Price is physically able to take it.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If you don't understand the concepts of intimidation on one hand and cowardice on the other, there's not much I can type on a message board to help you.

:laugh:

Intimidation?

So you're saying the Rangers would have been to afraid to drive to the net because Douglas Murray was out there? Furthermore, you're saying the reason that nobody "did anything about it" was because they were cowering in fear of the New York Rangers? You can't be serious with this.

Are you new to following the NHL? This kind of nonsense hasn't worked since the 1970's, and even then, it only worked for a few years.

Get a clue.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Intimidation?

So you're saying the Rangers would have been to afraid to drive to the net because Douglas Murray was out there? Furthermore, you're saying the reason that nobody "did anything about it" was because they were cowering in fear of the New York Rangers? You can't be serious with this.

Are you new to following the NHL? This kind of nonsense hasn't worked since the 1970's, and even then, it only worked for a few years.

Get a clue.

Teams can still get intimidated in todays NHL IMO.
It may not be the same direct confrontational 70's style but it does exist.
I think anyone who does not believe this is naive.
We've seen different versions of it time and time again.
Take the Bruins for example the intimidation card worked very well for them one particular year when we got caught up in the after whistle scrums and they were able to force mismatch's on us and basically mopped the floor with us. We didn't fair well that year in the post season and went out in 4 straight if I recall correctly. That was intimidation. The fact that it didn't work the next time was simply because we stopped trying to play their game and had them play ours. A couple of PP goals goes a long way towards tempering the ardour. The King's had a different form of intimidation it was Media Generated! We kept hearing about how hard and heavy the Kings team was long before we faced them and the first time we finally met that club the game ended up 6-0 Kings and we basically watched all night...
In the past we have been able to compensate for a lack of toughness with a stout PP.
Today we may face more abuse than normal because of a lack there of.
Once again we aren't great at boxing players out and generally let them run free like the hens of my overpriced eggs. We don't possess good PP numbers so can't combat truculence that way at least not initially. We can only make the opposition aware before hand that we will not stand for it.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Intimidation?

Get a clue.

Get a clue?

New to following the NHL?

Nice. If you want to play that game, is it ok to ask how good you are at NHL15 where emotions dont exist?

I dont need to convince you. Coaches have been watching the Habs' response to players running Price. Zero response. Call it apathy or call it cowardice. You pick. Either way, Price will be run in the playoffs. Whether to injure Price or to rattle him, intentionally running a goalie is intimidation. Cowardice is the act of turning the other cheek and not doing anything about it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Get a clue?

New to following the NHL?

Nice. If you want to play that game, is it ok to ask how good you are at NHL15 where emotions dont exist?

I dont need to convince you. Coaches have been watching the Habs' response to players running Price. Zero response. Call it apathy or call it cowardice. You pick. Either way, Price will be run in the playoffs. Whether to injure Price or to rattle him, intentionally running a goalie is intimidation. Cowardice is the act of turning the other cheek and not doing anything about it.

Cowardice is intentionally trying to injure an opponent to knock him out of a game or series, in my book.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad