Post-Game Talk: Pretenders get a shutout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Still blows my mind how Kapanen gets no PP time. Wonder if they are trying to slow down his production for his next contract? Not that I agree with that but I don't see any other reason why he shouldn't be getting some time out there.

Zaitsev was good yesterday but I’m still not sold on him and his contract. I was critical of Marleau recently and he played much better as well, hopefully he could get a little hot streak going. Ennis played his heart out, it's almost like he knew if he didn't perform it could have been his last. Oh yea and Andy was solid again. Great game.

Zaitsev has been pretty good this year. It would be hard to get on his game, last year was a different story but maybe he was fighting something that none of us knew about.

When you have Mariner, Tavares, Kadri and when Mathews comes back where do you fight Kapanen on the PP? With his speed and forecheck he is great on the PK. I think Babs is doing a good job there. For some reason everyone subscribes to the conspiracy theory that Babs and management are scheming to keep salaries down. Hey man, Babs wants to win more than anyone so I don’t buy it. Lots of forward depth on the right side here to be playing that card.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Zaitsev has been pretty good this year. It would be hard to get on his game, last year was a different story but maybe he was fighting something that none of us knew about.

When you have Mariner, Tavares, Kadri and when Mathews comes back where do you fight Kapanen on the PP? With his speed and forecheck he is great on the PK. I think Babs is doing a good job there. For some reason everyone subscribes to the conspiracy theory that Babs and management are scheming to keep salaries down. Hey man, Babs wants to win more than anyone so I don’t buy it. Lots of forward depth on the right side here to be playing that card.

There’s a whole second unit out there Kapanen deserves time over.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
I keep looking at the score and we won 4-0. You guys make it would like we lost 4-0. You guys can go on all day about Babs but no one on here and I mean NO ONE has his hockey acumen.
Just because we won it doesn’t mean there’s isn’t room for improvement. Yes we played a great game, best we’ve played all year, no one is denying that. Not sure why your changing the narrative. There’s no good reason to not have your best forwards on the PP is my point. Kap has outperformed everyone on the second unit and still doesn’t get any PP time.

Reactions: weems and daveleaf

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Just because we won it doesn’t mean there’s isn’t room for improvement. Yes we played a great game, best we’ve played all year, no one is denying that. Not sure why your changing the narrative. There’s no good reason to not have your best forwards on the PP is my point. Kap has outperformed everyone on the second unit and still doesn’t get any PP time.
Because he is better suited for big minutes on the PK. It really is that simply.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
So on day before home game, fly them from Bishop airport to Pearson airport, get them to stay in Hilton Airport hotel, bus them to Acc on game gay. mission accomplished(?)

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It hasnt really been mentioned much with the offense flowing and then completely drying up but Anderson has been really solid this year. Looks dialed in and sharp.

Top 10ish in GAA and SV% while having more ice time than anyone above him and in a lot of cases double the games played.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It hasnt really been mentioned much with the offense flowing and then completely drying up but Anderson has been really solid this year. Looks dialed in and sharp.

Top 10ish in GAA and SV% while having more ice time than anyone above him and in a lot of cases double the games played.

That D in front of him has been really good as well.

Freddie didn't really have any problems in October this year, he looks like he's moving really well and makes timely saves. If he keeps it up, hard not to see him earn a Vezina nomination. IIRC, he finished 4th last year?

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

I almost forgot that we even had a backup goaltender.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
That D in front of him has been really good as well.

Freddie didn't really have any problems in October this year, he looks like he's moving really well and makes timely saves. If he keeps it up, hard not to see him earn a Vezina nomination. IIRC, he finished 4th last year?
Ya I think it was around 4th. He was amazing last year to be honest. Made so many amazing saves every week.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ya I think it was around 4th. He was amazing last year to be honest. Made so many amazing saves every week.

He's a good goalie but we really need to play him a bit less this year if we want to win in the playoffs. He's not been good in the playoffs and that is likely due to the amount of games and shots he's faced before the playoffs begin.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Andersen has been lights out. Guy is a stud

Agreed. His rebound control last night was awesome. Gave up very few second chances.

For as much grief as a lot of people Gave "October Freddy," he's been solid so far. Nobody's really talking about him and that's probably a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad