featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If... a big if... worst come to worst and we lose the player Kane:

Sign Krüger to a longer term contract
Sign UFA Ehrhoff or Meszaros
Sign UFA Havlat, Fleischmann, Glenncross or Tlusty

save some Cap for the future - resign Seabrook

Havlat or Mezaros? god no......

trade Seabrook, Bickell and one of Macniel/ross/shaw in return get a solid 2-4 Dman in return....hopefully not too young, not too old....

sign kruger
sign Erhoff
sign Tlusty

evaluate quickly at the start of the year and resign Dano/Panarin if they show promise...

Panarin-JT-Hossa
Tlusty-AA-Dano
Baun/versteeg-TT-garbutt/shaw
desjardins-kruger-Tihkonov

whoever does not gt traded Macniel/ross/shaw(if not traded he is on the roster) and danault have a shot at stealing a spot....

keith-(traded guy for sea brook)
hammer-TVR
Erhoff-Daley

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks ever truly had 10.5 in space (not happening) it would throw the entire NHL off is axis. Stamkos, Erik Staal, Byfuglien, Backes, Ladd, GIORDANO. The Yankees always reload.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If the Hawks ever truly had 10.5 in space (not happening) it would throw the entire NHL off is axis. Stamkos, Erik Staal, Byfuglien, Backes, Ladd, GIORDANO. The Yankees always reload.

I must agree. Kane is a great player. His creativity and talent is not replaceable with the addition of a single player who is currently available (or will become available) but Stan would have plenty of options with all that money to work with.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I'd love to see Ladd and Buff wearing the Indian Head again.

If the Hawks lose Kane, it'll hurt this year. After that, things actually look pretty good.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I keep waiting and waiting and waiting each day for the hawks to make additional moves to free cap space but...nothing?

What am I missing here?

When is the next shoe going to drop or has Stan played out his hand and can no longer find any dopes to take Bickell and 'Steeg off our hands?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I keep waiting and waiting and waiting each day for the hawks to make additional moves to free cap space but...nothing?

What am I missing here?

When is the next shoe going to drop or has Stan played out his hand and can no longer find any dopes to take Bickell and 'Steeg off our hands?

He's probably waiting to see what happens with the Kane case. If he get's charged and the NHL suspends him, there wont be a need to free up cap space. We'll have 10.5m extra to spend, and thus, no real reason to trade Bickell or Versteeg.

If Kane isn't charged and if John Mcdonough/Rocky Wirtz feel they've had enough with Kane, Bowman would likely have to trade him away with some salary (how much?) coming back.

Our cap problems are so much more confusing now due to the recent events. It only makes sense that Stan gives it time before he makes another move.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
If Kane isn't charged and if John Mcdonough/Rocky Wirtz feel they've had enough with Kane, Bowman would likely have to trade him away with some salary (how much?) coming back.

If Kane gets traded, no salary will be coming back. Someone will gladly pay full price for a premier scorer in the league who puts ***** in the seats.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Kane gets traded, no salary will be coming back. Someone will gladly pay full price for a premier scorer in the league who puts ***** in the seats.

By salary coming back, I meant us taking back other contracts, not us retaining part of Kane's salary.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

That would be virtually impossible. Who would have 10.5 mil in capspace, and be willing to spend it all without subtracting from their payroll?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
That would be virtually impossible. Who would have 10.5 mil in capspace, and be willing to spend it all without subtracting from their payroll?

Arizona conviently has $10,453,628 in cap space. Kane for Matthews.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

Why would they need 10.5M in cap space? They wouldn't necessarily need any. They could trade 10.5M worth of players for that play-making, goal-scoring, seat-selling player they desperately want/need. Obviously that's not SUPER likely, to receive 10.5M worth of players back from them, but you get the idea. They could have 6M in cap space and trade away 4M worth of players back to us.

Again, this is all if we did end up having to trade Kane because upper management said he has to go.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Arizona conviently has $10,453,628 in cap space. Kane for Matthews.

No team will be taking Kane at 10.5M with no salary retained by Hawks or contracts sent Hawks way and pay full value

Kane would not be garnering a 1st overall pick in any trade given cap hit and off ice question marks

Unless convicted of a crime Kane will remain a Hawk IMO as even if Hawks wanted to move him they wont get value to justify it

HawksandLove

Aug 12, 2015
Unless convicted of a crime Kane will remain a Hawk IMO as even if Hawks wanted to move him they wont get value to justify it

Yes.

No matter what actually happened Kane will Not be convicted of a crime.

He is and always will be a Hawk.

I look for him to skate with the Cup in 2017 or 2018.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
No team will be taking Kane at 10.5M with no salary retained by Hawks or contracts sent Hawks way and pay full value

Kane would not be garnering a 1st overall pick in any trade given cap hit and off ice question marks

It was a joke.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Why would you not get an allstar defenseman too? Since all that cap space is there. Bye rundblad. And a rookie on the top line is beyond far fetched. Pickup a top line winger.

Saad playing LW with Toews and Hossa in his rookie year worked out pretty well. (with much fewer NHL games under his belt than TT has right now) So really not "far fetched" at all and Saad is Exhibit-A that it just happened a 3 seasons ago.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I've seen other threads discussing what the Hawks could get back for Kane and several have had Uncle Dale as a trading partner with guys like Huberdeau or Barkov being the main pieces coming back. BUT, if I'm the Florida owner I tell Dale there is no way we tie up $10.5M and lose very good players to bring a known party boy to South Beach, AKA the party capitol of the US. Not that trouble can't be found anyplace if you're looking for it, but Kane and South Beach is just asking for trouble.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I've seen other threads discussing what the Hawks could get back for Kane and several have had Uncle Dale as a trading partner with guys like Huberdeau or Barkov being the main pieces coming back. BUT, if I'm the Florida owner I tell Dale there is no way we tie up $10.5M and lose very good players to bring a known party boy to South Beach, AKA the party capitol of the US. Not that trouble can't be found anyplace if you're looking for it, but Kane and South Beach is just asking for trouble.

If the smoke clears for Kane, I think Florida's owners would be all over Patrick Kane. He's exactly what they need to put butts in their seats. but he'd have to be cleared and this blow over - and in that case, I doubt the Hawks would move him.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Buffalo Sabres 11M cap space, I believe.

Kane for Eichel straight up.

First poster in with it.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Look to the Rangers and Rick Nash if it comes down to a trade.

Jeff Skinner is another possibility.

As is Van Reimsdyk and Phaneuf.

Buffalo wouldn't touch Kane. They are the epicenter of a lot of his issues and the last thing they need is for him to be in Buffalo with his friends for 12 months.

My guess is Kane is dealt if he's not charged and goes to Carolina along with Bickell for Jeff Skinner, Ryan Murphy, Alex Nedeljkovic, and a 4th round pick (b/c you need those, they are important). Bickell/Kane add about 15 million ... Skinner/Murphy subtracts around 7 for a net gain of 8 million. Carolina currently has 11 million worth of cap space.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2