Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Okay guys, so we have 16 of our confirmed teams joined up in the league on NHL13.

Once we get all 30 GM's in (possibly only need 3 more) then the league will officially launch and we will have 3 days to complete that block!

UPDATE:

There has been a good suggestion and one that makes a lot of sense. We will SIM the very first block for two reasons;

1) This ensures that the very last block of the season will be one that we get to physically play. This allows for people to take fate into their own hands and win themselves a playoff spot or a better seed.

2) People can make their one or both of their trades prior to this block being simmed and get their new players for their very first block they get to play.

With that said guys, start working the PM's and the Chatzy to get your deals done and DO NOT PLAY ANY GAMES THIS FIRST BLOCK!

This block will be simmed once we get all 30 guys signed up on the thread and on the league in NHL13.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Trade to announce;

To :nashville
Tyler Myers
Patrick Kaleta

To :sabres
Ryan Ellis
Matt Halischuk
2014 1st
2015 1st

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
2nd trade to announce;

Shattenkirk
Grachev (Prospect)
Mckenna (Throw in) Contracts G
Ford (Throw in) Contracts Skater

To :blues
Blum
C Smith
J Smith G Prospect
Spaling

Last edited:

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
2nd trade to announce;

To NSH
Shattenkirk
Grachev (Prospect)
Woywitka (Throw in) Contracts Skater

To StL
Blum
C Smith
J Smith G Prospect
Spaling

accept... like the deal.. i like having a legitamte 3 deep young centres... mckenna qualfiys as a under 75 i hope so a prospect or somthing....

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
:sabres confirm trade with :nashville

:nashville Ryan Ellis + Matt Halischuk + 1st 2014 + 1st 2015

After a poor 2011/2012 season by Tyler Myers(8 G+15 A in 55 Games), Buffalo Sabres are looking at improving their prospect pool.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Trade pending review

:bruins get Keith Kruger 2013 Chicago 1st (top 5 protected)*

:hawks get Lucic Boychuk 2013 Boston 1st(top 5 protected)**

*If Chicago 1st is top 5 it becomes Mark McNeill
**If Boston 1st is top 5 it becomes 2014 1st

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Just heading into work, I will review these trades through the day and will "Confirm" the appropriate ones (Some or all) in this thread once things are complete.

If for some reason a trade is voided, I will PM both sides with suggestions to help complete/tweak such trade to avoid and public complaints on this thread.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Some of those need to be looked at more closely...

A few general points / questions:
1) No credible league allows you to trade picks three years in advance. We didn't make that explicit, but I would have thought people would know better.

2) I've never seen "protected" draft picks, but I like the idea. That's fine, I think, but we will need a way to keep track of it, and I think we need to limit the number of ways that they can be protected, simply to keep Chuck from a massive headache.

Now, for specifics:
:bruins get Toews+Emery+Morin

:hawks get Bergeron+Thomas+Hamilton

No issues here, really. I can see the logic and value for both teams.

2nd trade to announce;

Shattenkirk
Grachev (Prospect)
Woywitka (Throw in) Contracts Skater

To :blues
Blum
C Smith
J Smith G Prospect
Spaling

J. Woywitka is 76 overall. He is not a simple throw-in for contract purposes. Including him violates both the 4 roster player and 6 asset rule. Maybe use Scott Ford (AHL D-TGH) instead. Otherwise, I think this is a fine deal that makes some sense. Shatty is the best player, but Blum is a decent replacement, and STL picks up some really good assets for the down-grade.

Prospect Trade

To :bruins
Eckholm + 2013 3rd

Griffith and Knight

I thought the prospect thing was supposed to be one-for-one, but Chuck said above it could be 2-for-1. It doesn't say either explicitly in the league rules. The intent was to give people the option to re-balance their prospect pools with a simply swap. I think one-for-one does that more effectively, but we need to clarify things here.

Trade to announce;

Tyler Myers
Patrick Kaleta

To :sabres
Ryan Ellis
Matt Halischuk
2014 1st
2015 1st

:facepalm: :laugh:

Day one and Toews, Keith and Myers are all moved. Jesus you guys are busy eh

I'm not even sure if it counts as "Day 1," since games aren't playable yet.

But I fully agree: this isn't a promising start to league looking to stay sustainable and balanced long-term.

Last edited:

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
I prefer those picks Jack, bigger chance of getting something I can actually get use of. Instead of waiting 7 seasons for a pick this season.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I prefer those picks Jack, bigger chance of getting something I can actually get use of. Instead of waiting 7 seasons for a pick this season.

Yeah, I guess that's true.

I'd suggest this: For the first year, you can trade 2013, 2014, and 2015 picks, for just the reason noexult laid out. After this season, though, there is a two-year limit on trading future draft picks.

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Before we go any further in the league, is it worth considering the merits of an even faster pace?

The schedule outlined in the OP (three day, alternating playing and simming) will get us through approximately 4-5 seasons by late May. A season takes roughly 3 full weeks, with another week+ for the playoffs, and another week or so for the offseason. Assuming we get a slow start over the next few weeks because of the holidays...

Season 1 =January - early Feb.
Season 2 = early feb - mid March
Season 3 = mid March to late April
Season 4 = late April to late May
Season 5 = June

That's not a bad thing--four or five is more than most leagues get to.

On the other hand, very few leagues are set up to get through 7-8 seasons while still playing half the league games and all playoff games. Moving from a three-day schedule to a two-day schedule would all this to be one of them.

It would require a significant commitment from the people in the league to get their games in--but the CPU-playability component (and a zero-tolerance policy for DNFs) mitigates that a bit.

I'm not sure its the way to go. I'm not sure it is even doable. I'm not sure Chuck would go for it. But it is worth considering now, before we get started.

camwise

Aug 27, 2011
Calgary
Hey Chuck, given it some thought, and the team I wanted was still available, so I sent in a request for Columbus, GT WiserC

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Hey Chuck, given it some thought, and the team I wanted was still available, so I sent in a request for Columbus, GT WiserC

Ok man. I will sign you up when I get in from work.

That will leave us with NJ and OTT!

Possibly Dallas or Phoenix as well.

Le Nachooo

Dec 18, 2012
Team

My GT: Le Nachooo, I would love to have Dallas, but if not possible i would like to have NJ please.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
It has to be 3 pieces or less guys!

I think I added that rule in the trades thread rules but forgot it in the main page.

That is my mistake.

Yeah I only checked the main page rules. Does it need to be reworked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad