HF Habs: Press Conference 15pm

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
They had already mentioned this PC after the one he had with Drouin so I doubt anything is going to happen from now to then. It's just to tell us his plan is to keep building and getting better trough the draft and that he will be NOT be trading Subban and Sergachev

Has he ever said he wasn't going to trade Subban? I think he actually did the contrary.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I wonder why people even bother about MB pressers, honestly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Has he ever said he wasn't going to trade Subban? I think he actually did the contrary.

Feb. 2016:

Rest easy, Montreal Canadiens fans. Your superstar defenceman P.K. Subban isn’t going anywhere.

Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada that he spoke with Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin, who said he will not be trading Subban.

A report out of Montreal surfaced Friday indicating Subban’s name had been floated in trade talk.

Subban was called out by his head coach Michael Therrien earlier in the week which caused a stir and led to the trade rumours.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-gm-bergevin-says-he-wont-trade-p-k-subban/

June 24, 2016: "PK is an elite defenseman, and he's part of Canadien and he'll be for a long time. So, uh, that's the way it is."

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Will he be telling the fans how hard it is to find a center again, and that he will build through the draft for another 6 years, with no results?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't know how anyone can watch this man speak.

He's arrogant, slimey, and a complete and utter moron. He's so far up his own ass that he is removed from reality. His standards for conduct change depending on the individual.

He's literally the kind of person I respect least in this world. I don't care if he ever got it together and brought Montreal a cup, I will never like the man as an individual.

Not a good way to live life IMO. Hate will get you nowhere but negativity in return. Learn to forgive and forget, people makes mistakes and grow as individuals. The man you hate today, may not be the same man you hate tomorrow.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The man you hate today, may not be the same man you hate tomorrow.

He could also be the man you easily ignore when he moves on to the next opportunity that the old boys' club will have for him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't know how anyone can watch this man speak.

He's arrogant, slimey, and a complete and utter moron. He's so far up his own ass that he is removed from reality. His standards for conduct change depending on the individual.

He's literally the kind of person I respect least in this world. I don't care if he ever got it together and brought Montreal a cup, I will never like the man as an individual.

I liked him when he joined. I dislike what he has become. I remember this fresh views on things when he came in.....and then, humility went out of the window..

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I liked him when he joined. I dislike what he has become. I remember this fresh views on things when he came in.....and then, humility went out of the window..

In his defence...5-6yrs as GM in this city would probably turn you into a cynic as well

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
In his defence...5-6yrs as GM in this city would probably turn you into a cynic as well

Tell me how? Because of HF? Because of RDS talkbacks? Because of the press? You don't know that the press turns on you when you actually START to have the personnality that he has now? And that none of that would happen if he would have stayed the way he was or was suppose to be?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Probably Markov signing. Normally wouldn't be a press conference -- Maybe he's saying it will be his last contract/year in the NHL?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Rabid fanbase...demanding media...normal stress of the job except worse in MTL market?

Fanbase....HF fanbase? Habs GM reads and listens to everything and then turns angry? How about not do that? Are the Habs fanbase on the street booing him? You don't think that everyobdy is nice with him when they see him in person? Media? What the media hate is what he has become. Not what he was when he came in.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Fanbase....HF fanbase? Habs GM reads and listens to everything and then turns angry? How about not do that? Are the Habs fanbase on the street booing him? You don't think that everyobdy is nice with him when they see him in person? Media? What the media hate is what he has become. Not what he was when he came in.
I think your looking too deep into a comment made tongue-in-cheek

It's not that serious WS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad