Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
source.gif

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
It would be nice to see Trubersky play tonight as he needs all the reps he can get in this new offense. He should have played last week as well but I guess that makes too much sense.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It would be nice to see Trubersky play tonight as he needs all the reps he can get in this new offense. He should have played last week as well but I guess that makes too much sense.
Even with a young QB I don’t think most teams would play their QB for that many preseason games, which for the bears include the HOF game.

He’s getting all of the first team reps in camp. What I suspect is that they will play him in games 2-4, and sit him in game 5. Pretty much all teams barely play their starters in game 1. Game 2 they got into Q2 and game 3 they play into Q3 to regain the feel of being ready after halftime. Very few starters play game 4.

Better to just leave him in longer in his 3 preseason games than to get him out there for another game. When you leave your #1 qb in you are leaving your starting OL in too and some of your skilled positions with maybe the exception of the RB if you have an elite one. For Chicago just play him int Q2 today and then the whole half in the next game and then til the end of q3 of game 4. Sit him in game 5.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Man, I'm always so excited for football that I'll watch some of the first preseason week. NFL network advertises all week that they'll be showing Browns and Giants. Great, if I'm going to watch, I'd love to get a look at Saquan Barkley and Baker Mayfield. I can get excited for that.

I sit down, and they're showing Jags and Saints.
(It looks like Barkley broke a 40 yard run on the first play of the game)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice drive for Baker.

The Browns have two good QBs on their roster.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Davis Webb isn't close on any of these throws. This is a special kind of awful.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
As long as you understand his arm strength limitations and his prevalence for injury, you'll like what you see from him. He makes good decisions and is decently accurate at short rage. Poor guy just throws floaters on anything mid or deep.

This. He's also tiny (as in frame wise) .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad