NFL GDT: Preseason Week 1

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, Seymour blows. I don't know why they keep trying to make him a thing. He should be no higher than 4th on the depth chart. Jackson is already better than him

Reactions: SnS

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'll say, for the most part, I liked the playcalling last night. Nothing too fancy, but they spread it around a bit and tried to get McCaffrey the ball in space, or with misdirection runs, rather than giving him those Jonathan Stewart power runs. The timing was off on a few plays, but it'll get there. I think the offense will be fine (assuming the line holds up, and they looked fine), but the secondary really needs a couple rookies to stand out.

Sep 19, 2008
Like half the team didnt play. The best receiver out there was robert davis or mo harris. No trent williams, Norman, swearinger etc

Rewatching the game film, seeig them go 17-0 early is encouraging. And that's not even with Smith.

Lot of complaints about the receiving core how it might not be that good. I think someone said they were "unproven" and still had a lot to offer. The thing is Crowder and Doctson are just full of potential but Crowder is coming off a bad year and it was basically Doctson's first year (played sparingly his rookie year)

Very excited to see how this team does when fully fielding all starters

member 157595

Chicago v.s. Cincinnati should be renamed "The Impotence Bowl"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He's pretty comfortable under center and with the quick passing game. Everyone knows what he can do in the running game as well and showed that off on the TD. After two games though, he looks like he has a ways to go overall and he has already taken a couple of big hits. Watching Flacco can be painful and I don't think there's any more upside there but right now it'd probably be a mistake putting Lamar out there full time.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Pumped for Sammy D tonight. Top 2 picks impressed last night so it's your turn.

Mayfield off balance throw in the perfect spot in front of Callaway on a quick slant was pretty.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm looking forward to seeing Teddy out there again and I hope he does well to showcase himself to other teams. It sounds like Darnold has been very impressive and might start from day one. They also want McCown there as a mentor so Teddy appears to be the odd man out before they even get on the field.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
That is such a light OPI call that is never called in a real game....tiny one hand push-offs are rarely ever called and his arms didn't even extend.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Darnold looks good as well. Just like the Browns, the Jets also might have more than one good QB on the roster now.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Darnold looks good as well. Just like the Browns, the Jets also might have more than one good QB on the roster now.
I never really trust anything until they play in the regular season with real pressure coming at them with complicated blitz packages. I believe Mayfield will be pretty good though.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Rewatching the game film, seeig them go 17-0 early is encouraging. And that's not even with Smith.

Lot of complaints about the receiving core how it might not be that good. I think someone said they were "unproven" and still had a lot to offer. The thing is Crowder and Doctson are just full of potential but Crowder is coming off a bad year and it was basically Doctson's first year (played sparingly his rookie year)

Very excited to see how this team does when fully fielding all starters

Doctson was the biggest loser under Cousins because he's a vertical player. Same with D-Jax.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It was a trash throw by Beathard. He is late way too much to be an NFL back up. I'd rather have Mullens.

I want to see Mullens play with the second teamers next game. He was shredding Dallas but those were scrub players. After that classic 2 minute drive, he deserves to be moved up in the roster.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Looks like pretty much the same guy to me one game in. A few things you wanted to see were the mobility in the pocket, him taking a hit or two, and him planting and hitting those intermediate passes he's so good at. He showed some nice zip on the ball on the pass up the seam, stood in the pocket and took a hit on the very first pass, and he even scrambled for a few yards at the end.

Reactions: FultonReed

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I want to see Mullens play with the second teamers next game. He was shredding Dallas but those were scrub players. After that classic 2 minute drive, he deserves to be moved up in the roster.

I don't care who he does it against. The ball comes out on time and he's accurate. Beathard is late and is terrible at giving his receivers a chance.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Looks like pretty much the same guy to me one game in. A few things you wanted to see were the mobility in the pocket, him taking a hit or two, and him planting and hitting those intermediate passes he's so good at. He showed some nice zip on the ball on the pass up the seam, stood in the pocket and took a hit on the very first pass, and he even scrambled for a few yards at the end.

I hope he gets a chance to start somewhere. It always sucks to see a good guy lose his job to injury, and with QBs, it can be a challenge to find another good shot.

Reactions: TaLoN and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Perfect start for Cousins and the Vikings offense in this one. Great pass and catch on the long gain for Diggs down the sideline.

Mike Hughes looked really good on defense. He has had a strong camp and it'll be tough to keep him off the field if he keeps this up.

Paxton Lynch might've been the worst QB I watched this weekend. It was either him or Davis Webb. Sloter is better than all of these dudes the Broncos kept around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad