GDT: (Preseason) Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames [19:30 MT - SN & SN1]

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’m digging that 2nd and 3rd line.

I’m also really excited to see how Pettersson fares on the Canucks. Seems like a legit player.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Yes. Pettersson looks like a keeper. Sven seems to have become that player that we had hoped he would be. Boeser is a sniper, Horvat a force. The Canucks have a lot of good young players and their rebuild might not be as long as everyone thinks.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames host the Canucks and are playing a fairly veteran heavy line up.

Pat Steinberg@Fan960Steinberg

#Flames tonight vs. Vancouver:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Backlund-Czarnik
Bennett-Dube-Frolik
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Lazar

Kulak-Anderesson
Valimaki-Stone
Falk-Prout

#Flames powerplay units:

Neal
Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane
Andersson

Tkachuk
Dube-Backlund-Czarnik
Valimaki

More from Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg

Jon Gillies starts in net tonight. He’ll play half the game and be replaced by David Rittich. #Flames

Reactions: Sk8M8

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looking forward to watching all of these lines tonight.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am also excited for this game. I hope Rittich shakes off the rust, and I hope Gillies shows well, too.

I'm very curious to see how basically all of those Flames lines work.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I believe it is very important for Gillies and Rittich to play a game where their Save% is way up there. If they do not they may force Tre's hand in picking up a goalie off of waivers from some other camp, e.g. McElhinney or finding a UFA. I am not sure if the Flames can afford to be as patient with them has they are with other non-goalie players.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Flames host the Canucks and are playing a fairly veteran heavy line up.

Pat Steinberg@Fan960Steinberg

#Flames tonight vs. Vancouver:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Backlund-Czarnik
Bennett-Dube-Frolik
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Lazar

Kulak-Anderesson
Valimaki-Stone
Falk-Prout

#Flames powerplay units:

Neal
Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane
Andersson

Tkachuk
Dube-Backlund-Czarnik
Valimaki

More from Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg

Jon Gillies starts in net tonight. He’ll play half the game and be replaced by David Rittich. #Flames

Wow actually putting talented young players in a position to succeed in the preseason, what a concept!!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I believe it is very important for Gillies and Rittich to play a game where their Save% is way up there. If they do not they may force Tre's hand in picking up a goalie off of waivers from some other camp, e.g. McElhinney or finding a UFA. I am not sure if the Flames can afford to be as patient with them has they are with other non-goalie players.
That’s not exactly the top defensive lineup so I think patience is definitely an option.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ugg. McHardtospell…. been there done that.. No thanks.

Gillies and Rittich aren't going anywhere except one will be Smith's backup and other will be playing for the Heat. Most likely Rittich will start the season with the Flames as he isn't waivers exempt and Gillies is.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Yes. Pettersson looks like a keeper. Sven seems to have become that player that we had hoped he would be. Boeser is a sniper, Horvat a force. The Canucks have a lot of good young players and their rebuild might not be as long as everyone thinks.

I'm glad Baertschi turned things around with Andersson looking like our top prospect that trade has been good for both sides.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
MacElhinney
MacElheney
MacElhiney
MacElhinny
MacElheny
McElhiney
McElhenney
McElheney
McElhenny
McElhinny
McElhiney

I could go on...
I guess your must have trouble their there and they're too then

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Tsk tsk Johnny with the giveaway 15 seconds in, fortunately it came back to us almost immediately.

Also, Dube is fast!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad