Pre-Game Talk: Preseason starts tonight! Where's that GDT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol, sooner watch a meaningless game at home at home on the couch. See enough games during the season. Hate preseason games, plugs, kid playing....waste of my time & $$$.

What! Preseason games are some of the most interesting. Sure, they don't mean anything, but you get to look at how our prospects have developed over the last year.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol, sooner watch a meaningless game at home at home on the couch. See enough games during the season. Hate preseason games, plugs, kid playing....waste of my time & $$$.

If you can't get excited watching the future of the Jets and the first "game" of the season then I'll gladly accept them as charity. :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I'm happy to go tonight. Get a first-hand look at some of the young players. Get a sense of how Burmi is fitting back into the NHL. Watch Hellebuyck in the pipes. Enjoy some time with a family member. Bring it on.... :popcorn:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What! Preseason games are some of the most interesting. Sure, they don't mean anything, but you get to look at how our prospects have developed over the last year.

I live 5 mins from the Ice plex, watched one TC practice since 2011. Just zero interesting watching plugs and/or kids who aren't NHL level. Same reason why I dont give a rats AZ about Moose being in town. Will never go to a single game. Zero interest. Everyone is different and the own opinion.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm happy to go tonight. Get a first-hand look at some of the young players. Get a sense of how Burmi is fitting back into the NHL. Watch Hellebuyck in the pipes. Enjoy some time with a family member. Bring it on.... :popcorn:

I can can that better at home. :laugh:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-in-pre-season-300x210.jpg

Coach Maurice pre-game: layers getting ramped up for a pre-season game. Hard to stay engaged in the game when he is evaluating the prospects. What will he be looking for from his rookies/what makes it a successful pre-season game from the prospects? What is the appeal of the Burmistrov/Perreault/Ehlers line? How will he manage his goalies during pre-season? Injury talk. Could the Burmistrov/Perreault/Ehlers benefit facing off against other team’s 3rd lines? Was this (using a skill 3rd line) something he considered previously or is it a function of having talent? Talking about when it was “easier†to shut down the Jets. What is he hoping to see from Copp/Armia/Lemieux?

To listen click here.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Hmmm... I have TSN3, but it appears that the game will be blocked out in my viewing area (NB), and I have Center Ice, but their coverage doesn't start until the regular season. Help! Will there be a stream anywhere?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Same here. There are a number of players I'm lexcited to see live.

I'm hoping for big games from:

Ehlers
Petan
Armia
Copp
Morrissey
Helly - if he gets some time.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Judging by the cheap prices posted here below even STH prices (and lack of sales) paired with the huge amounts of tickets on Seat Exchange, a lot of people must feel the same way.

I know a few STH that just give away the games - friends, kids, charity - it's an awesome thing to do. As for me, I don't mind the games at all, just wish there was a bit more variety at times than the Calgary-Edmonton-Minnesota-Ottawa slate of games each year. Still, it's "nice" to go to the preseason games and see the kids play IMO - very excited to see Petan-Armia-Lemieux-Ehlers and others this Friday night. :handclap:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'm starving for hockey, any hockey.

Probably won't watch all the pre-season games but I'm sure as hell watching this one.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
The way I look at it, as a STH I pay for the total package. Are these games worth the $60 I pay for them? Of course not, but is a Saturday night game vs the Habs worth $60? More like $100, and there are a lot of those types of games.
It's all good

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
They were prevented from streaming games on TSNGo last season even though they advertised it would be available before the season started. Blacked our message showed up whenever I tried

I swore I watched the Jets on TSN3 last year. I guess it was just Sportsnet Now, or whatevertheballsitscalled.

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
Anyone who isn't super excited about watching a pre-season game in person has forgotten the pain of not having the NHL in your city. Sad to see the shine has worn off that quickly. :( We'd gladly take the pre-season games down here if you really don't want them..

On a more relevant note, really excited to see how Petan and Ehlers do.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't wait! I enjoy preseason more than most of the games early on in the season. You get to see how our prospects progressed and it builds a ton of excitement for the coming season.

I also can't wait to check out the new scoreboard, lodge seats and the replacement of the first row upper-bowl steel mesh fence with glass!

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I'd love to see Petan play with finishers like Stafford and Little (31G his last season as RW). He has the most playmaking offensive talent of all our prospects.

Ladd - Lowry - Armia/Ehlers

Stafford - Petan - Little

Perreault - Scheifele - Wheeler

Lemieux - Copp/Burmistrov - Raffl

Those are the lines I'd like to see this pre-season

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would bet there are some kids out there who would love to go to a game but can't get/afford tickets that would appreciate them.

A few Senior Citizens too! :naughty:
Some of them can be very good company.;)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I like the second half of the preseason more when it's more of the top prospects mixing with the regulars, early on there is a lot of plugs with little skill

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
So glad hockey is back! I was starting to get a little depressed in this lull after summer and before hockey, finally have something to do in the evenings!

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Hmmm... I have TSN3, but it appears that the game will be blocked out in my viewing area (NB), and I have Center Ice, but their coverage doesn't start until the regular season. Help! Will there be a stream anywhere?

Centre Ice started on Sunday. Free Preview. I watched last night and Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad