GDT: Preseason: Ottawa@Montreal September 27th at 19H

Jul 6, 2016
He was an animal on that Slofkosky goal and thumped on that ottawa player who tried to knee davidson,overall I liked what I saw,definitely a special player.
I think Habs are FINALLY settled at center with Suzuki, Dach and possibly Newhook and-or Beck. Good to have a multi-purpose vet like Monahan to hang around on a wing and maybe take some face offs once in a while.

I dunno if Gignac could be a solution to center our 4th line instead of Evans. He is very fast and poised. And got some offensive talent.

Reactions: hvac412

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I think Habs are FINALLY settled at center with Suzuki, Dach and possibly Newhook and-or Beck.

I dunno if Gignac could be a solution to center our 4th line instead of Evans. He is very fast and poised. And got some offensive talent.
Don't forget Beck.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I think Habs are FINALLY settled at center with Suzuki, Dach and possibly Newhook and-or Beck.

I liked Gignac's tenacity ,he was all over the ice,definitely left a good impression.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Players should protect and stand up for themselves (Dach and Slaf learned to do it, others can too), using deterrent just cause baiting and retaliations on the long run.
Protect yourself from being shoved from behind three feet from the boards? What is Suzuki supposed to do get up and start wailing on Kastelic. :skeptic:
I'm glad the 6'4" guys are able to stand up for themselves how does that apply to guys like Caufield and or Suzuki. Seriously

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Protect yourself from being shoved from behind three feet from the boards? What is Suzuki supposed to do get up and start wailing on Kastelic. :skeptic:
I'm glad the 6'4" guys are able to stand up for themselves how does that apply to guys like Caufield and or Suzuki. Seriously
Suzuki himself said a player had to protect/defend himself last season.

You don't deal with bullies by calling your own bullies, that just lead to degeneration. Just last season, teams were cheap shotting the Habs players more when Xhejak was playing. Not less.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suzuki himself said a player had to protect/defend himself last season.

You don't deal with bullies by calling your own bullies, that just lead to degeneration. Just last season, teams were cheap shotting the Habs players more when Xhejak was playing. Not less.
Sure go and take a look in the out of town thread and tell me what happens when Mark Stone gets run.
That is a championship team responding to BS directed at one of their top players.
This is the response I expect to see. End of story.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Just watched the game, was great overall.

We need to keep Suzuki, Monahan and Caufield together. They're so damn good.

Slafkovsky played a strong game, kept the play alive in the offensive zone multiple times and got himself some nice scoring chances. I thought his positioning was great as well but didn't pay much attention to it when he was in the defensive zone.

Dach was insane, I hope this is what we get all year.

Primeau made some very clutch saves when they were up 4-3, he played with confidence.

Gignac is the new Belzile, I liked him.

Mesar, Heineman and Anderson were meh

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe. But there is no magic button that some (most) of the players we saw last night can press that will convert themselves from fringe NHLers into stars once the regular season starts. While we were missing some of our top players, Ottawa basically sent their AHL team and outplayed and out chanced us for large portions of the game. Those worried about not tanking have little to worry about. Its going to be a struggle this year. But who knows, maybe Gallagher will have that long awaited resurgence. But maybe not.

Preseason performance means nothing in regards to regular season performance. The habs went 0/8 last year in preseason, and still had a strong start to the regular season.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Slaf showing signs why he was first overall pick.
Dach was dominant.
Caufield looked he is 100,% back from his surgery.
Guhle was solid, fluid skater.
Davidson going to be future NHLer, good speed.
Primeau looked like the Primeau playoffs 2022.
Trudeau was solid, doesn't make many mistakes

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Was at the game - my friend got tickets last minute and she invites me out! Was fun!

Was impressed by Gignac the most, I think.

Dach was awesome, Slafkovsky is improved but still gets knocked off his skated way too easy and really really needs to use his frame and weight properly. Kid is 238 lbs and doesn't use it. He'll learn I hope.

Heineman and Mesar weren't as impressive as I had hoped they would be. Keeper is interesting but raw. Trudeau needs to change his name so I can cheer for him (that's a joke before the stupid comments flood in) and our goalies were pretty bad. Guhle looked good, Savard looked rusty. Monahan looked good and was happy to see him back on the ice.

Overall though I think we are still FAR too soft as a team. There's no jam, no heavy board work and no.push back against a dirty Sens team. Don't like that.

Was a fun game!

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Was at the game - my friend got tickets last minute and she invites me out! Was fun!

Was impressed by Gignac the most, I think.

Dach was awesome, Slafkovsky is improved but still gets knocked off his skated way too easy and really really needs to use his frame and weight properly. Kid is 238 lbs and doesn't use it. He'll learn I hope.

Heineman and Mesar weren't as impressive as I had hoped they would be. Keeper is interesting but raw. Trudeau needs to change his name so I can cheer for him (that's a joke before the stupid comments flood in) and our goalies were pretty bad. Guhle looked good, Savard looked rusty. Monahan looked good and was happy to see him back on the ice.

Overall though I think we are still FAR too soft as a team. There's no jam, no heavy board work and no.push back against a dirty Sens team. Don't like that.

Was a fun game!
Rugby!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Slafkovsky is improved but still gets knocked off his skated way too easy and really really needs to use his frame and weight properly. Kid is 238 lbs and doesn't use it. He'll learn I hope.
He lost weight, he's 225-230 lbs now. He's also playing with a knee brace which might forcing him to fall instead of standing up after certain contact. Ghule also has a knee brace and he's falling a lot in pre-season as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That was his second complete season in the NHL. You don't think that a third-year player can improve on his second season, especially under a different coach who can actually motivate young players? It's a strong parallel with the Dach narrative in fact, and just about any young C experiencing the NHL learning curve.
My post expressed uncertainty but certainly not impossibility.

It stemmed from several fan comments about how repeated attempts at playing C had him struggling to such an extent that the AVS considered he’d be better served playing the wing.

Not sure what the parallel is with Dach other than seeing two young players trying to raise their game after a prior org. cut ties with them early.

While Dach did take a step forward last season on the many facets of playing centre, he’s not a precedent for Newhook as every player can respond differently to the same coaching and being given similar opportunities.

Newhook can improve at whatever he’s best at and if what he’s shown so far holds up, that would be as a winger. If he doesn’t have it in him to be a centre man, no amount of coaching is going to change that. We’ll see how he responds when he’s given shifts at C but I won’t have any expectations that he’ll be successful there. As long as he improves and his ultimate role is found, it’ll be fun for me to watch.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
when Dach was in chicago did he have this kind of jam to his game that we've seen in Montreal? I also hate how they targeted him last night. I suspect Arber pays kastelic a visit this season
I missed the game. Was Dach the only one targeted?

After I posted a comment about how Laraque feared it might happen given who the Sens put in their lineup last night, one poster laughed it off. I guess it wasn’t all that far-fetched.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Sure go and take a look in the out of town thread and tell me what happens when Mark Stone gets run.
That is a championship team responding to BS directed at one of their top players.
This is the response I expect to see. End of story.
And apparently it was a clean hit (but Stone was looking down) or borderline charging. Regardless a response is necessary. And Savard taling the guy down and trying to smother him is not a reponse.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

After I posted a comment about how Laraque feared it might happen given who the Sens put in their lineup last night, one poster laughed it off. I guess it wasn’t all that far-fetched.
sens also ran Guhle and there a knee on knee on Davidson i believe
It wasn't farfetched at all

• Wow
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Sens goons went full goons intending to hurt the Habs best players as expected, not just Dach. Knee on knee, boarding, slew foot, crosschecking in the number. Named it. They went for it. Refs stopped any fighting the moment is looked to start and toward the end they were just calling everything to keep control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad