GDT: Preseason: Oilers @ Flames (Split Squad) 7:00PM Pouliot-RNH-Eberle Reinhart+Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I edited the title of this and the other thread to try and make it easier to keep tabs on when both games are going on. Great job on the GDT's IkinzomsPaperBag!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. l can't wait to see what Nurse and Reinhart look like in psuedo-competition.

I'm looking forward to seeing what LaLeggia can bring against some legit NHL competition as well. I must say that I am leaning towards Reinhart making the team over Nurse as IMO he didn't look as good as I felt that he could breaking the puck out of the zone against the other rookie teams. If he wants to make the team that will be a huge part of his game that he has to show better at starting tonight.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I edited the title of this and the other thread to try and make it easier to keep tabs on when both games are going on. Great job on the GDT's IkinzomsPaperBag!

That's why you're a mod. :yo:

Critical decisions. :nod: The games could get heated, can't be missing up to date posts

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I am more interested in this game than the home game just because I am interested to see how Nurse and Reinhart play against the Flames to see how they perform against the NHLers there. Could be telling about where they are at and how ready they maybe. Obviously a couple more games will help but its just something that I am gonna watch for.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Gryba has too good a conscience I think :laugh: he was rattled for a long time last season after he trainwrecked Lars Eller.
I've heard be worked over the summer and year to get over it and learn its part of his job.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think this game is completely winnable

It absolutely is. I think it will be on the backs of Eberle/RNH/Pouliot, but they are good enough to outplay that Flames top line imo. Honestly looking at the full Flames lineup between the two games I still don't think it is a good hockey team. I still anticipate a significant drop in the standings with their luck evening out.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Going to the Edmonton game but can't wait to see(hear) how Reinhart fares against mostly NHL competition.

That guy could be really good if he puts it all together.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Like the idea of challenging Nurse and Reinhart vs tough comp

Competition will only bring out the best in both

That being said, expect about 3 goals to be scored by the top line against them

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'm more pumped for Laleggia. He is a legit darkhorse in this imo

darkhorse to make the Oilers?? He has no hope ..

Laleggia will be fighting to be a AHL regular ... With Hunt, Oesterle, Musil, Simpson, and Gernat around along with possibly both Nurse and Reinhart there it wont be a given.

McDeathbyCheerios*

darkhorse to make the Oilers?? He has no hope ..

Laleggia will be fighting to be a AHL regular ... With Hunt, Oesterle, Musil, Simpson, and Gernat around along with possibly both Nurse and Reinhart there it wont be a given.
Fighting to be an ahl regular?
He is our best d prospect outside of Nurse and Reinhart AINEC

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Like the idea of challenging Nurse and Reinhart vs tough comp

Competition will only bring out the best in both

That being said, expect about 3 goals to be scored by the top line against them

Klefbom-Schultz went against oppositions top lines all last season... Lets not overhype the Flames top line. I am not sold on Nurse belonging in NHL this year but he isnt going to get lit up by the lineup Flames are icing tonight.

Defense isnt that bad when Nurse is your weakest link.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fighting to be an ahl regular?
He is our best d prospect outside of Nurse and Reinhart AINEC

offensively sure .. accomplished yes .. best maybe not.

IMO Davidson is the most polished after maybe Reinhart.

Hunt, Oesterle, Simpson and Musil have AHL spots locked up. If on or 2 of Nurse\Reinhart\Davidson are sent down Laleggia will be in the rotation in AHL since they play a lot of 3 in 3 .

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Klefbom-Schultz went against oppositions top lines all last season... Lets not overhype the Flames top line. I am not sold on Nurse belonging in NHL this year but he isnt going to get lit up by the lineup Flames are icing tonight.

Defense isnt that bad when Nurse is your weakest link.

They most certaintly did not. They actually faced bottom pairing level comp but did it alot (QoC). The Flames top line of Hudler-Monahan-JG actually outscored our top line (although not our top line under Nelson). They are very good by any standard. Even Sekera-Fayne would have issues with them.

Itll be a Nurse-Laleggia pairing. And even though Nurse could handle a Mcdavid or Bennett on his own, thats 3 top players attacking him. Then add in Gio and Brodie dishing them the puck and it will be a relentless assualt. Itll be good to see how they respond tho

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
offensively sure .. accomplished yes .. best maybe not.

IMO Davidson is the most polished after maybe Reinhart.

Hunt, Oesterle, Simpson and Musil have AHL spots locked up. If on or 2 of Nurse\Reinhart\Davidson are sent down Laleggia will be in the rotation in AHL since they play a lot of 3 in 3 .

LaLeggia will be an AHL regular this year, heir apparent to Hunt.

Takes over top pairing next year.

I think he tops out as a 5/6 powerplay threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad