GDT: Preseason Hockey! Game #4 - Your New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSG

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I love Gruyere. Using some in a Mushroom Wellington I'm making tonight.
i came here to read about the swiss cheese but neither hischier, nor siegenthaler is in the line-up. so happy to see at least gruyere mentioned twice. :D

I didn't realize that was Tom Hickey, I thought it was some scrub with same last name.
tom hickey is a scrub nowadays.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sure, but Boqvist isn't a third line grinder, he needs to play big minutes with skillful guys to succeed. Where as Johnsson does well in a more defensive role. I also don't like the idea of having a winger as our 2C even in a preseason game.
Would rather find out what Yegor can do in a preseason game than in the regular season.

After three years, Devils know what Boqvist provides at center.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Sure, but Boqvist isn't a third line grinder, he needs to play big minutes with skillful guys to succeed. Where as Johnsson does well in a more defensive role. I also don't like the idea of having a winger as our 2C even in a preseason game.
Ruff said he wanted to see players play in other positions hence Rango at C. Isn't that what preseason is for?

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Ruff said he wanted to see players play in other positions hence Rango at C. Isn't that what preseason is for?

Alright fine. But we do have 5 centers and I think it's gonna take a lot longer to figure out than few preseason games.

I disagree, I think there's still a lot of potential. He was pretty terrible until last season where he took a big leap forward. Him being waiver eligable makes him trying to make the team one of the most important goals in the whole preseason (along with Zetterlund, Holtz and the LDs). And for that reason I think he should be put into the best possible place to succeed, which isn't next to Stillman and the cheesenameguy.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Would rather find out what Yegor can do in a preseason game than in the regular season.

Didn't Shara play center for a few games last year? I thought we switched him there for at least a couple games when Hughes and Nico were both out.

Reactions: DVision44

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I honestly don't like seeing Sharangovich at center.

His bread and butter is a trigger man and I rather see him ramping up those skills this preseason.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't Shara play center for a few games last year? I thought we switched him there for at least a couple games when Hughes and Nico were both out.
Yes he did. And didn't really seem out of place.

With regards to Boqvist, disagree with the claim that he was ever "terrible" and playing with Gambardella and Stillman allows them to get a better opportunity; rewarding one for his play in Utica last year and giving the other an opportunity to experience NHL play with two experienced players.

Seems logical.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wonder if Rango replaces Nico on the second line until Nico comes back some time in 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad