GDT: Preseason Hockey! Game #3 - Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSG, NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Other than the first goal, how often did they mention Kreider or Zibenijad? Imagine McLeod and Foote had something to do with that.
Foote himself gave up possession twice because he’s not capable of skating at an nhl level.

Plus we’re on the road, it’s not like they were getting hard matchup duty

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
our top line today (mercer/haula/zetterlund) is basically a 3rd line. i assume we played them against our top line?

in theory, they would be our checking line in the reg season, and we just tested them against the rags top guys (minus panarin though)

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
our top line today (mercer/haula/zetterlund) is basically a 3rd line. i assume we played them against our top line?

in theory, they would be our checking line in the reg season, and we just tested them against the rags top guys (minus panarin though)

It was Tatar there and Mercer with Wood. Thing is competition is generally pretty evenly spread out throughout a lineup unless you're hard matching so it really isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. IIRC JFresh posted something about McAvoy a while back where he had some of the toughest competition in the league and he showed that even then he only faced top competition like 40% of the time.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Camille the Eel

It was a strong showing of just how good Mercer is at center. I mean he was dominant and all over the ice. He really can develop into an all star caliber player at that position, where he is a natural. And it will be a pity, going forward, if we can’t find a way to keep playing him there.

Any idea what the Thompson injury was?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It was a strong showing of just how good Mercer is at center. I mean he was dominant and all over the ice. He really can develop into an all star caliber player at that position, where he is a natural. And it will be a pity, going forward, if we can’t find a way to keep playing him there.

Any idea what the Thompson injury was?

Duh, Cramp obviously.

He's getting a bone marrow transplant as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad