GDT: Preseason GDT Pens vs Wings 1900hrs EST: Someone will be flying tonight

Tonights line up:

• Looks exciting!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sully is finally playing the young guys!

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That tactic was very successful for Brian Dumoulin and Rob Scuderi. Or it must have been because they loved to do it

The difference is that those guys went down on the ice to block passing lanes, Friedman was just on the ice laying down as DeBrincat was skating towards him :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't get the shit thrown at Hinostroza during camp, I thought he has been pretty solid overall.

He obviously hasn't been as good as Zohorna but I think he has been closer to Zohorna than the awful that Pitlick and Johnsson have been.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
1-0 Mango Salsa

Nice assists by Puusy and Harkins
download.php

• Haha
Reactions: WickedWrister

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Red Wings' regulars probably annoyed with Pens' AHL fodder for aggressively forechecking in a preseason game. It's kind of fun to watch guys fighting for a job work hard.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Poulin should be on the opening night roster.

Maybe one day he'll be "conscientious"
Jake made it when he was 22. Sullivan is likely only now, giving Poulin a 2nd look. Unless dubas pushes the issue, I dont see any way Poulin is with the big club this season beyond 3-5 games. We have enough evidence of Sullivans MO for me to be confident with that.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The difference is that those guys went down on the ice to block passing lanes, Friedman was just on the ice laying down as DeBrincat was skating towards him :laugh:
I don't particularly like going down to block passes tbh. NHLers are too good at being patient with the puck and taking advantage of the extra space that going down like that affords them.

Reactions: canadianguy77

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Jake made it when he was 22. Sullivan is likely only now, giving Poulin a 2nd look. Unless dubas pushes the issue, I dont see any way Poulin is with the big club this season beyond 3-5 games. We have enough evidence of Sullivans MO for me to be confident with that.
Poulin has looked good in preseason, but let's be real - Guentzel was dominating in the AHL. He had 42 points in 33 AHL games in 2016-17, the year he made his NHL debut. Poulin hasn't been that dominant in the AHL, not even for stretches of games.

He's got promise, but it's not comparable.

Reactions: Jacob

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Imagine finally getting rid of Ruhwedel just to replace him with Ryan Shea.

Should probably go get a legit #6.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Poulin has looked good in preseason, but let's be real - Guentzel was dominating in the AHL. He had 42 points in 33 AHL games in 2016-17, the year he made his NHL debut. Poulin hasn't been that dominant in the AHL, not even for stretches of games.

He's got promise, but it's not comparable.
Sort of my point. Sullivan will want AHLers with NHL experience anyway, so it doesnt really matter how well Poulin does in the AHL this season unless he really blows the doors off down there.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sort of my point. Sullivan will want AHLers with NHL experience anyway, so it doesnt really matter how well Poulin does in the AHL this season unless he really blows the doors off down there.
All the vets buried in the AHL who don’t make the team outright will be first call ups…not Poulin lol

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad