GDT: Preseason Game: Vegas Golden Knights @ LA Kings | 7:30PM | Even Closer Now

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tuch has so much more composure but isn't executing.

He's got superstar swagger but just isn't connecting much

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

Marchy!!!!

Reactions: Supermassive

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay here goes:

Stone: Still a beaut

Dansk: Making Subban sweat

Marchy: Hero, lot of jump in his step tonight

Wild Bill: Pls be okay. Looked solid but not 100% when he was in

Tuch: All swagger, no finish

Glass: Flashes of brilliance, still needs to find away to fit in and be impactful consistently. I'm not opposed to sending him back to Chicago at least for a little while. I think he's overthinking the game at this level.

Schmidt: Was just what you expect from Schmidt

Hague: Fantastic defensively, a little leaving stuff to be desired offensively

Schuldt: not great defensively, pretty great offensively

Eakin: Some great plays but more often than not was sort of just...the guy out there who obviously has NHL experience

Duke: Time to go back to Chicago, kid.

Bischoff: This ain't his year. The battle of the kiddo D's is between Coghlan, Hague, and Schuldt at this point.

Cotter: Still not sold that this is his year to make the team, but he does have a great deal of talent and is great at driving the play. Dark horse to be a really solid top 6 player in the future.

Creme de Lechesyyshnm: I'm not really seeing it. Not just for this year but going forward. Strikes me as being a guy who at best could be like a Tomas Nosek type.

Elvenes: Not this year but I think his game has been growing the way I'd been hoping it would the last couple years, albeit slower than I would have wanted.

If I missed anybody they didn't make enough of an impression on me.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Okay here goes:

Stone: Still a beaut

Dansk: Making Subban sweat

Marchy: Hero, lot of jump in his step tonight

Wild Bill: Pls be okay. Looked solid but not 100% when he was in

Tuch: All swagger, no finish

Glass: Flashes of brilliance, still needs to find away to fit in and be impactful consistently. I'm not opposed to sending him back to Chicago at least for a little while. I think he's overthinking the game at this level.

Schmidt: Was just what you expect from Schmidt

Hague: Fantastic defensively, a little leaving stuff to be desired offensively

Schuldt: not great defensively, pretty great offensively

Eakin: Some great plays but more often than not was sort of just...the guy out there who obviously has NHL experience

Duke: Time to go back to Chicago, kid.

Bischoff: This ain't his year. The battle of the kiddo D's is between Coghlan, Hague, and Schuldt at this point.

Cotter: Still not sold that this is his year to make the team, but he does have a great deal of talent and is great at driving the play. Dark horse to be a really solid top 6 player in the future.

Creme de Lechesyyshnm: I'm not really seeing it. Not just for this year but going forward. Strikes me as being a guy who at best could be like a Tomas Nosek type.

Elvenes: Not this year but I think his game has been growing the way I'd been hoping it would the last couple years, albeit slower than I would have wanted.

If I missed anybody they didn't make enough of an impression on me.

Glass, Cotter, Elvenes, Roy, maybe Jones the bottom six next season could be entirely new. We still also have Carrier and Zykov as RFA. Nosek and Reaves will have to work to earn their spots for next season here.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Just a quick recap of my observations.

On the whole the prospects seemed far more involved than the vets.

Prospects (for lack of a better word) that impressed me tonight, Dansk, Cotter, Hague and Bishoff though the latter a tier below the others.

The Vets who impressed me... honestly none of them. Stone and Marchy had a few good moments. Well maybe Schmidt, with Engo a bit below. But by large they played it was preseason and it showed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What do you say? Does Cotter make the AHL?
I expect him to be sent back to junior today, with an agreement with London that he gets top 6 minutes. Foudy is out for a while right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad