GDT: Preseason Game: Vegas Golden Knights @ LA Kings | 7:30PM | Even Closer Now

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So, in the second period Bill had a fall where his body weight came down on his hand and hurt his thumb, nothing broken. If this was a RS game he'd continue playing. He's not sure if he'll play on saturday, he'll talk with doctors today and see how it feels.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Vets who impressed me... honestly none of them. Stone and Marchy had a few good moments. Well maybe Schmidt, with Engo a bit below. But by large they played it was preseason and it showed.

Same thing in Colorado and for the second half of the game in Vegas. The vets were fired up to go game 1, but since then they all remembered their spots aren't in jeopardy and hence going through the motions really with an occasional flash when opportunity is in front of them like Marchy showed in the third and OT. I thought Engo looked really good though, I'm hoping that's the guy we get for say 40 games this season and we'll see what he's got for the playoffs. Making sure he rests often might be the key to our success and his ability to give 100% in the playoffs.

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just a quick recap of my observations.

On the whole the prospects seemed far more involved than the vets.

Prospects (for lack of a better word) that impressed me tonight, Dansk, Cotter, Hague and Bishoff though the latter a tier below the others.

The Vets who impressed me... honestly none of them. Stone and Marchy had a few good moments. Well maybe Schmidt, with Engo a bit below. But by large they played it was preseason and it showed.

The vets were running for their dinners, the prospects were running for their lives....

Reactions: hangman005

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I just watched the game and I think that the team NEEDS both Glass and Hague. What is apparent to me is that Glass is the best passer on the team and if he is not already our most creative offensive player, he will be in short order.

So I think we start him off at W and once a C gets injured that’s where we move him, preferably 1C and that’s where he will most likely stay.

Glass needs to put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle. He needs the weight room more than the AHL. A skilled player like Glass probably finds it easier to play in the NHL and would put up better numbers playing with better players anyway.

Hague needs to fill out that frame too but the fact is that I think he might be better than guys like Merrill and Holden and is more effective at this stage than a guy like Engelland. I think we need that big body on the blue line right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00