GDT: Preseason Game: Vegas Golden Knights @ Colorado Avalanche | 6:00PM I think| Almost There Edition

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
What the hell is Vegas doing with Oscar Dansk developpment??why on earth does he not been given more NHL games after his injury 2 years ago just becomming player of the week with a outstanding performance?and now is Sparks getting chances in pre season before Dansk?its time to trade Dansk to a team that could fully developp him into the NHL again!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What the hell is Vegas doing with Oscar Dansk developpment??why on earth does he not been given more NHL games after his injury 2 years ago just becomming player of the week with a outstanding performance?and now is Sparks getting chances in pre season before Dansk?its time to trade Dansk to a team that could fully developp him into the NHL again!
Gee I love it when fans of other teams come to our board to tell us what our coaches and GM should be doing like we have any control over that.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

:laugh: what difference does the order in which each goaltender plays make?

Ferguson was supposed to start the first game, but he was ill. Now he probably won't get to play a single preseason game, nor Kooy or Patera. Life comes at you fast.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Besides...In all likelihood both Dansk and Sparks are going to get waived & battle for the #1 in Chicago anyway. Unless Subban has a lousy performance.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
:laugh: what difference does the order in which each goaltender plays make?

Ferguson was supposed to start the first game, but he was ill. Now he probably won't get to play a single preseason game, nor Kooy or Patera. Life comes at you fast.
Just do what most teams do and split the PS game between the two goalies.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
As I watched the game live, I realized there really was little to go off of for this game. The Avs weren't even B-team quality, they had maybe 3 guys who will be playing with them in October? That was pretty good work they made in getting the 8 veteran minimum out there without exposing anything of real current value except for Jost and maybe Timmins. Those goalies and much of their D were pure trash, ECHL level stuff. They are talking about the chance Byram makes the squad this year but I sure don't see it making sense for a contender forcing that issue, he's far from ready and needs another year.

On the Knights side:
  • Pirri looked like a man among boys and frankly he was with that low quality out there.
  • Roy looks very responsible and kind of feels like a 4th liner with all the chances just missing, that seems to be our 4th line in a nutshell.
  • Kolesar definitely looks like he modeled his game after Reaves, even when he's away from the play you can see he's more focused on finding his man, whether that's to be responsible or lining up a hit you can't tell for sure. Was impressed though how quickly he came back from the dressing room.
  • Zykov probably isn't a roster player in my view, he didn't stand out enough to me against a bad opponent. He's not going to get PP time and that was when he looked most effective.
  • Elvenes is a total bust at this point, looked like our worst player out there.
  • Duke obviously is slotted for career minor leaguer, but he looks like he could fill in as that 4th line center if injuries pile up. Nice responsible game, helps get the puck out of the D zone well.
  • Hague was a bit disappointing in some aspects, I can see the issues he still has with his skating and positioning. He does make up for some shortcomings with that long reach.
  • Carrier didn't do much despite the low competition, but probably just being smart about saving up his energy since he knows he's got a spot. Few hits, little of his normal charging the net routine. Similar level of just showing up from our other vets like Nate, Tuch and Nosek. Could tell who was fighting for a job out there.
  • Sparks was looking good, made a few good saves, left a few rebounds that might be trouble against better competition. I think I'm agreeing with others questioning if we wouldn't be just as good with him as the backup when we also have Dansk and Ferguson available in emergencies. Still thinking Subban's got some trade value for teams who might want to give him this year to see if they want to sign him long term. Just can't see how a deal with VGK makes sense for either side going forward, might as well get an asset now.

Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As I watched the game live, I realized there really was little to go off of for this game. The Avs weren't even B-team quality, they had maybe 3 guys who will be playing with them in October? That was pretty good work they made in getting the 8 veteran minimum out there without exposing anything of real current value except for Jost and maybe Timmins. Those goalies and much of their D were pure trash, ECHL level stuff. They are talking about the chance Byram makes the squad this year but I sure don't see it making sense for a contender forcing that issue, he's far from ready and needs another year.

On the Knights side:
  • Pirri looked like a man among boys and frankly he was with that low quality out there.
  • Roy looks very responsible and kind of feels like a 4th liner with all the chances just missing, that seems to be our 4th line in a nutshell.
  • Kolesar definitely looks like he modeled his game after Reaves, even when he's away from the play you can see he's more focused on finding his man, whether that's to be responsible or lining up a hit you can't tell for sure. Was impressed though how quickly he came back from the dressing room.
  • Zykov probably isn't a roster player in my view, he didn't stand out enough to me against a bad opponent. He's not going to get PP time and that was when he looked most effective.
  • Elvenes is a total bust at this point, looked like our worst player out there.
  • Duke obviously is slotted for career minor leaguer, but he looks like he could fill in as that 4th line center if injuries pile up. Nice responsible game, helps get the puck out of the D zone well.
  • Hague was a bit disappointing in some aspects, I can see the issues he still has with his skating and positioning. He does make up for some shortcomings with that long reach.
  • Carrier didn't do much despite the low competition, but probably just being smart about saving up his energy since he knows he's got a spot. Few hits, little of his normal charging the net routine. Similar level of just showing up from our other vets like Nate, Tuch and Nosek. Could tell who was fighting for a job out there.
  • Sparks was looking good, made a few good saves, left a few rebounds that might be trouble against better competition. I think I'm agreeing with others questioning if we wouldn't be just as good with him as the backup when we also have Dansk and Ferguson available in emergencies. Still thinking Subban's got some trade value for teams who might want to give him this year to see if they want to sign him long term. Just can't see how a deal with VGK makes sense for either side going forward, might as well get an asset now.

I disagree on Carrier. Thought he looked great without crossing the line by steamrolling young kids.

It could go either way with Zykov vs Pirri. Zykov has probably endeared himself to Gallant with his truculence, but Pirri is just a natural goal scorer.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I disagree on Carrier. Thought he looked great without crossing the line by steamrolling young kids.

It could go either way with Zykov vs Pirri. Zykov has probably endeared himself to Gallant with his truculence, but Pirri is just a natural goal scorer.
That second "natural" goal by Pirri was spoonfed to him by Zykov. I could have tapped that on, and I can't skate. Pirri did a lot more away from the puck and net then I typically saw him do last season. On the other hand, the fruits of Zykov's improvement efforts over the Summer are glaringly obvious. These two will be in a battle with one another for a starting position.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That second "natural" goal by Pirri was spoonfed to him by Zykov. I could have tapped that on, and I can't skate. Pirri did a lot more away from the puck and net then I typically saw him do last season. On the other hand, the fruits of Zykov's improvement efforts over the Summer are glaringly obvious. These two will be in a battle with one another for a starting position.

I think that's the way this season goes, Pirri and Zykov fight over the third line wing spot (both probably playing at least 30 games each) and Roy and Nosek fight over the fourth line center spot (both could get over 30 games.)

When Glass gets to the NHL (he will definitely be there this season) that makes one of those superfluous and I think it would be Roy because he can go through waivers and the other three would certainly be claimed.

If Roy establishes himself then I would think one of the other three would need to be traded because they would be lost to waivers anyway. Possibly Carrier could find himself wrapped up in this.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Let’s waive Holden and have both Hague and Dylan C. make the team. While Hague still needs more seasoning, we need a space eater like that out there, it’s a dynamic we have not had.

I’d like both Roy and Hague on the team. We could use that size.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00