Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #85: Caps @ Blooj | 4/17/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I wonder what all teams were thinking when no one draft him after that gold medal win by russians.

He was nowhere near the player he is today and no one projected him to become anything. If you had asked me back then, I thought Panarin could maybe be a high scoring playmaker in the KHL, but that's about it. This guy has improved a lot. It's similar to Tyler Johnson who went undrafted and slowly rose through the ranks of lower leagues before becoming a beast in the NHL.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
well it all depends who gets ratings

theres devils/bolts, kings/vegas, bruins/leafs and caps/jackets on that day
I'm thinking Vegas/LA will obviously be the late game. Sportsnet will want the leafs at 7p....So its between us and the Devils. Ovie is the better draw but the Devils have the NYC market.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Same here) But, I liked that they put Niskanen and Carlson against him instead of Orlov, they are way smarter, and that's what you need against an elite playmaker. Still, he scored because of Orlov again...

Not only that, but Panarin knows Orlov very well and he knows his weaknesses better than Carlson's or Niskanen's.

Panarin is hell of a player, but he has patterns in his game. They're actually not that different from Ovi, you can tell who he grew up watching as a kid. We need to anticipate his "flip the puck, cut to the middle and dish it off" combo. That and his damn toe drag.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Not only that, but Panarin knows Orlov very well and he knows his weaknesses better than Carlson's or Niskanen's.

Panarin is hell of a player, but he has patterns in his game. They're actually not that different from Ovi, you can tell who he grew up watching as a kid. We need to anticipate his "flip the puck, cut to the middle and dish it off" combo. That and his damn toe drag.
That's a pretty good observation. I hope our coaches saw that too.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That's a pretty good observation. I hope our coaches saw that too.

I've seen Panarin make these moves in the KHL, in Chicago and now in C-Bus. He has a lot of different moves, he's creative when he needs to be, but he tends to use the same ones over and over again.

This is the move I'm talking about. Looks familiar?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well woke up to head to work and I see they won.

I’m happy of course but they now have to win AGAIN on Thursday and we know how that usually goes. :(

Good job by Holtby, Lars and Vrana. And while I don’t like DSP (or Chaisson) being in the lineup I like him being on the ice in OT.

I only watched until the end of regulation and maybe he picked it up but that may have been the worst game I have ever seen Carlson play.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Well woke up to head to work and I see they won.

I’m happy of course but they now have to win AGAIN on Thursday and we know how that usually goes. :(

Good job by Holtby, Lars and Vrana. And while I don’t like DSP (or Chaisson) being in the lineup I like him being on the ice in OT.

I only watched until the end of regulation and maybe he picked it up but that may have been the worst game I have ever seen Carlson play.

Druce Smith Pelly with a goal in Game 1 and an assist on the GWG in Game 3. What’s not to like? :D

Reactions: RandyHolt

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Druce Smith Pelly with a goal in Game 1 and an assist on the GWG in Game 3. What’s not to like? :D

I mean I am happy he is doing well I just wanted more youth in the lineup. I know I’m wrong on this.

My mindset is they are going to lose anyway so why not give Djoos and Gersich some games. I’m not coaching for my job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad