GDT: Preseason Game #6 NYR @ NYI | 7PM | W 5-2

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I believe that it is the responsibility of the NHL team to arrange pre-season games, so its possible our franchise prioritized having as many as possible this year. We always have an arrangement of some kind with Philly

I could be wrong on this but I do believe you are correct I think it's up to the individual teams to try come up with a schedule how they want it. Some teams want it front heavy, others spread out and still others might want a more back heavy schedule.

I personally like front heavy myself because it allows you to evaluate players, then spend a week practicing/drills when you cut the roster

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I could be wrong on this but I do believe you are correct I think it's up to the individual teams to try come up with a schedule how they want it. Some teams want it front heavy, others spread out and still others might want a more back heavy schedule.

I personally like front heavy myself because it allows you to evaluate players, then spend a week practicing/drills when you cut the roster
it especially helps when we have a new coach who is looking to evaluate everyone

Reactions: PWJunior

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Does anyone know where I can grab cheap tickets to tonight's game? Stubhub is listed them as $45 each. Kind of pricey for a preseason game no?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I’m in the left corner of the zone they shoot in twice. Hopefully they’re a few PPs and I get a front row seat for Barzalmania.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Does anyone know where I can grab cheap tickets to tonight's game? Stubhub is listed them as $45 each. Kind of pricey for a preseason game no?
Box office prices are $63 and $75 for tonight so consider $45 on stubub to be a bargain.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I paid $65 through Stubhub when you consider fees. I also didn’t want to sit more than 10 rows back though.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Yup, it’s going to feel like a Rangers home game.
I don’t understand why there’s so many ranger fans in Connecticut. Did that many Whake fans make the jump to the rangers? Or is it the fact that western Connecticut boarders Ny?

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
We should get a bit of an idea tonight of what the team will be this year. Except for Gionta, Sislo, and Wotherspoon, and some switching around on the lines and defensive pairings, this is essentially what we’ll look like on opening night imo. I fully expect Bellows to make the team and wouldn’t be shocked to see Toews in there either. I get the feeling management knows this will be a growing season, so getting our younger guys some experience in a low preassure season would be beneficial.

Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Bellows-Kovar-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kunhackl/Filppula
*Ladd on IR

Leddy-Pulock
Hickey-Boychuk
Toews-Pelech
Mayfield

Lehner
Greiss

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don’t understand why there’s so many ranger fans in Connecticut. Did that many Whake fans make the jump to the rangers? Or is it the fact that western Connecticut boarders Ny?
Your second sentence nailed it. Fairfield County is loaded with Rags fans.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

A lot of people in Fairfield county work in the city.

Anyone north of that either converted to Bruins fans or started following the Rangers because the Wolf Pack (whom had more success than the Sound Tigers in the last decade).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad