GDT: Preseason Game 6 Edmonton in Saskatoon

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't know what is going on in this game. I don't even know what to make of these forum changes. All I know is I really hope this is the last time we play as the "home team" in cities like Saskatoon, Quebec City, etc.

1 preseason game in Charlotte in 20 years, 1.

Alright rant over, go team!

Reactions: vorbis

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Such a justified gripe. What in the world does hosting preseason games in Canada do for the Hurricanes?

allow them to stage a "home" exhibition with as close to zero investment of money or resources as possible. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. it always felt like it went down this way because Canes OPs didn't have connections to stage games in Charlotte or wherever and guarantee enough attendance to break even.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I vote to never let Cam Ward touch a body of frozen water ever again. What the f*** is this new forum? They locked me out because I tried my random password I never knew thanks to LastPass, like 18 times. Unfortunately, I was too lazy being on mobile to open the app and look it up. Why couldn't the policy be 20 times? Huh, f***ing bull shit.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I vote to never let Cam Ward touch a body of frozen water ever again. What the **** is this new forum? They locked me out because I tried my random password I never knew thanks to LastPass, like 18 times. Unfortunately, I was too lazy being on mobile to open the app and look it up. Why couldn't the policy be 20 times? Huh, ****ing bull shit.

in all fairness, this restriction existed before

the exact same thing happened to me when it switched over, and i was on my computer so i have no excuse for being too lazy to open lastpass and get the password

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Such a justified gripe. What in the world does hosting preseason games in Canada do for the Hurricanes?

I'm guessing they get a kickback for playing the game at a neutral site whereas they would likely lose money in Raleigh or Charlotte.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
After 2, I was ready to say that Martin Necas was our best player tonight. He had an ugly third, but so did everybody else, so he still may have been. I honestly don't think we're considering keeping him in the NHL for the entire season, though. His speed and skill are breathtaking and I understand the man-crushes he's creating around the league. At times, it actually seemed he was *too* fast. He needs some time to turn that skill and speed into production, and get a little more physically involved inside the dots. We may keep him around for a while as the shiny, new toy, but after nine games and 1G-0A-1PT, I think we'll let him choose where to play the rest of the season. (Granted, he'll be ahead of Elias Lindholm in team scoring at that point, but so will everyone.)

I think we can officially close the book on the 2017 training camp exploits of Jake Chelios and Valentin Zykov, and neither Brock McGinn nor Phil DiGiuseppe did anything to make me think they deserve to be in the NHL over Janne Kuokkanen. Nicolas Roy gets a temporary reprieve because of his concussion issues, but he was pretty much invisible, too, and probably heads to Charlotte sooner than later. And it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Klas Dahlbeck just kinda disappeared. I can't think of a single thing he brings to the table. He's basically a waste of a roster spot for a guy you hope never has to actually play in a game.

Kinda like Cam Ward.

My Opening Night 23:

Teravainen - Staal - Williams
Aho - Rask - Lindholm
Skinner - Ryan - Kuokkanen/Stempniak
Nordstrom - Kruger - Jooris

Slavin - Pesce
Hanifin - Faulk
Fleury - vanRiemsdyk
Carrick-Dahlbeck

Darling / Ward

Ad