Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 6: @ Devils

Zuccarello Awesome*

If he had any sembelance of offensive hockey IQ, he'd be a superstar. It's pretty frustrating.

Love him as a player nonetheless.

This is such an uninformed comment.

Hagelin is a great player.

His speed alone forces turnovers on a consistent basis. His shot isn't great, but his passing is above average, and his hockey IQ is certainly above average.

But speed doesn't automatically tell you where to go.

Rico Fata was a speedster, but he had no clue where or when to go.

Hagelin is a very smart hockey player. He's great defensively, and he's versatile enough that he can literally be effective on ANY line.

He can play a defensive checking role and excel.

He can be a threat shorthanded.

He can be put with your top players on the top line to get them going when they're struggling because his speed is so dynamic and elite.

With the right linemates, Hagelin could be the Burrows to the Sedins and put up 60 points. Of this, I have no doubt.

But he's a great player anywhere in the lineup.

Not everyone is going to have hands like Jagr. Learn this.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

His speed alone forces turnovers on a consistent basis. His shot isn't great, but his passing is abouve average, and his hockey IQ is certainly above average.

Hagelin is a very smart hockey player. He's great defensively, and he's versatile enough that he can literally be effective on ANY line.

He can be put with your top players on the top line to get them going when they're struggling because his speed is so dynamic and elite.

With the right linemates, Hagelin could be the Burrows to the Sedins and put up 60 points. Of this, I have no doubt.

Did you even read where I wrote "love him as a player nonetheless"?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

His speed alone forces turnovers on a consistent basis. His shot isn't great, but his passing is above average, and his hockey IQ is certainly above average.

Literally none of this addresses Raspewtin's comment.

AHB*

Larsson actually looked pretty good... against mostly rookies and AHLers.

I wish the Devils didn't hate us. He'd be a prime guy to trade for. I feel like he can become a Stralsy.

Last edited by a moderator:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Fast, Miller and Haggerty looked the best.

7th D is a ****show, as is the 4th center spot. Lindberg was invisible...again. Mueller was bleh, and Lombardi did nothing.

Fast and Miller make the team, as does Duclair, although, I expect Duclair to be back in juniors once Stepan returns.

As for the 7th D-man spot, Kostka's play has gone in an upward direction, (it had nowhere else to go), while Hunwick really, really sucked this game. Kampfer is not worthy of even a mention.

As for the Devils, they're a middle of the pack team. If Schneider gives them a Vezina performance, they can make the playoffs. But, DeBoer will have to coach his ass off to hide the deficiencies of that defense.

Fast, Miller and Haggerty overall looked like crap. Duke and maybe Kreider were the only ones who seemed to play with any passion at all or that stood out at all. Kostka sucks, and I want him nowhere near this team for any sort of long term basis. Hunwick ain't so hot either. At this point, if they're all just gonna suck, I'd almost just rather have Mac in there, though he's been a pretty sizeable disappointment this preseason as well.

The game was a huge snoozer. One of the most boring preseason or reg season games I've watched in a long time. Figures it was against Jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad