Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
7aNjhdc.png

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Hopefully Lombardi wants to go back to Switzerland, and they can open up a contract that way by terminating his contract.

4th center spot was there for the taking tonight, and no one took it. Will be interesting to see if he just goes back to MSL for the first few weeks before Stepan comes back.

If a dman has to miss one game I would rather just see McIlrath or Allen play in the game. Fine with keeping Hunwick or Kostka as the 7th for practice, and to sit in the press box so those guys can play in the AHL, but hopefully like Falk they see very little time.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Fast, Miller and Haggerty looked the best.

7th D is a ****show, as is the 4th center spot. Lindberg was invisible...again. Mueller was bleh, and Lombardi did nothing.

Fast and Miller make the team, as does Duclair, although, I expect Duclair to be back in juniors once Stepan returns.

As for the 7th D-man spot, Kostka's play has gone in an upward direction, (it had nowhere else to go), while Hunwick really, really sucked this game. Kampfer is not worthy of even a mention.

As for the Devils, they're a middle of the pack team. If Schneider gives them a Vezina performance, they can make the playoffs. But, DeBoer will have to coach his ass off to hide the deficiencies of that defense.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Now everyone agrees with me that av was wasting Time having this roster for this game and not making cuts earlier lol

Total waste tonight MSL should have been at center our guys should have been gearing up

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We should've known this would be the outcome. It was predominantly an AHL squad with only 2 players who are guaranteed spots in the NHL.

Good game by Kostka, put himself back in contention with Hunwick.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I really don't want to hear whining about how AHL squad failed to beat their NHL squad. With that, my review:

Lindberg: Not ready for the big show. Not terrible, no mistakes, just not NHL-ready. Kind of reminds me of Fast a year ago.

Fast: NHL-ready. So deserves a spot!

Miller: Miller is Miller, loads of talent, but still very raw. Will make mistakes, but looks like he's our third line center.

Haggerty: Good talent, but not ready to play in the NHL. Should go to the Pack and work very hard to improve his game. Will be an NHLer some day.

Duke: Another very good game, kept creating chances for himself and others.

Hrivik: No problem with him as our 4LW. Smart, big, good skater. Deserves to be in the NHL, but is a victim of the numbers game. Will get at least a few NHL games later this season.

Kostka: After his terrible first game, everyone has come to hate him, but he had a very good game, and improved every game he played for us. I actually wouldn't mind him as our 7D.

Hunwick: Very solid as a 7D. Still probably ahead of Kostka based on past games, but this game Kostka was better.

Kampfer: Has he been told he's trying to make the NHL? Doesn't look it.

T-Bone: Very solid, though not spectacular. I'll take this kind of a performance from him.

Last edited:

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Now everyone agrees with me that av was wasting Time having this roster for this game and not making cuts earlier lol

Total waste tonight MSL should have been at center our guys should have been gearing up
I absolutely agree. It was a wasted opportunity for the team to establish some chemistry. Plus, the poor Rangers fans that paid to see that trash on ice in that **** hole arena.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don't think any of our players who were on the bubble helped themselves tonight.

Lombardi, Lindberg, Haggerty, Hrivik almost certainly heading to Hartford. Mueller and Kampfer probably heading to Hartford. McIlrath not even playing the last two nights tells me he's not sticking around either. That leaves the battle between Hunwick and Kostka that I hope Hunwick wins. That leaves Miller, Malone, Fast, Duclair and Hayes fighting over the last two or three forward positions.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Game was anything but a waste.

Tonight decided which fringe players will make the team. There's zero reason for MSL to be out there.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Garbage lineup

Garbage opponent

final preseason game

The guys who we know suck sucked.

It's like war games without live ammo. Isn't real.

Don't care

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN · 3m 3 minutes ago

Vigneault says he's leaning toward putting Stepan on long-term injury (out 10 games) to able to keep 14 forwards financially

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN · 3m 3 minutes ago

Vigneault says he's leaning toward putting Stepan on long-term injury (out 10 games) to able to keep 14 forwards financially

hmmm so does the LTIR men Duclair has as spot opened up?

14 gives options
Kreider, Brassard,Zuc
Duclair MSL, Nash
Hagelin, Miller, Fast
Glass, Moore, Stempniak
Malone, X ? Lombardi or Meuller ? Don't really know

Guessing Hayes needs to play in CT. Lindberg and Haggerty and Hrvik too

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Putting Step on LTIR would be ****ing stupid. Carry 12 forwards if you have to. If he's ready to come back for game 8, he needs to be in in game 8. Not miss two more games because we wanted to carry spares.

My $0.02

NHL Fanatik*

I absolutely agree. It was a wasted opportunity for the team to establish some chemistry. Plus, the poor Rangers fans that paid to see that trash on ice in that **** hole arena.

I think Prudential is far from a ****hole arena. Think more Nasseau Colliseum.

What are the odds Duclair makes the starting roster? And to add to that question, will the return of Stepan bump him back down or no? (If he in fact makes it.)

The kid can make plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad