Post-Game Talk: Preseason game 5 = win

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Good game, Perfetti and Lambert not getting a chance to do much 5v5, still shows how they(Perfetti since Lambert is AHL bound) need a quality C to make plays available, though the breakouts were something. Toninato scored a goal but I can't recall hearing his name after that lol.

Bottom 6 needs an injection of finishing.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Good game, Perfetti and Lambert not getting a chance to do much 5v5, still shows how they(Perfetti since Lambert is AHL bound) need a quality C. Toninato scored a goal but I can't recall hearing his name after that lol.

Bottom 6 needs an injection of finishing.
Kind of a quiet game from Perfetti and Lambert. I was hoping for some magic with those two guys together.

Reactions: MardyBum

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The Jets special teams are definitely better.

Gagne with some smart plays.

I like how the Jets limited the Flames attempts to carry the puck in our zone.

WelldocumentedDismalHen.webp

Big Save Dave made some great saves!

tumblr_n6icg6b46d1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
There was a lot to like there. Dynamically, this is a much improved team. I saw far less risky possession against us, lower risk on breakouts/breakaways and zero goals against (across six powerplays). Lambert and Perfetti were 3rd line I think, maybe not the best match. Stan didn't look fantastic, Rittich was great, and Scheifele legitimately impressed me. KFC & Ehlers being their usual selves. Great game.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Solid game against a mostly veteran lineup.

Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor looking in good form.

Seems like Gagner could provide some X-factor on the PP. I am all for keeping this unit with him together as the #1 PP unit to start the season and have PLD/Wheeler on the 2nd unit.

Stanley not impressing.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well this game showed that this team is still absolutely carried by the drivers. All of the top.line and top pairing were excellent today and drove the bus. Have to keep this up in the regular season.

Cole wasn't as noticeable with the puck tonight but still flashed some skill. What was impressive is that in a game were he didn't generate much he was good a trustworthy away from the puck. He got it out of his end smartly, was in good position and turned pucks over in both zones. At his age he isn't going to have his A offensive game every night bit if you can play off the puck you will still help the team win.

Lambert had some flashes early but faded as the game went on. He got caught running around a bit at times and over handling the puck. He showed very well this preseason but needs some more development time. Likely Moose bound now.

Gus is just not doing much and can't keep up. It's too bad as I like him as a prospect.

Stanley was ok but his puck management needs to really improve. Even when he had time he wasn't making good plays.

I thought Heinola was quite strong all around tonight. I'd have him in the lineup for game 1.

Samberg was also solid but not spectacular.

Hard calling that open d spot as Noone really has claimed it outright.

Barron with a solid game.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kind of a quiet game from Perfetti and Lambert. I was hoping for some magic with those two guys together.

I take solace in the fact they played with the likely 5C. Perfetti at least will get a huge upgrade at wing and C. Lambert showed again he needs to play in the AHL. His issues are the same as Ehlers were when he was young. NHL Ehlers young. Trying to do too much, one on one, that spin shot right out over the goal and into the netting gave me flashbacks :laugh:.

Work on the small things, I don't want him dangling through 17 year old scrubs all year.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Solid game against a mostly veteran lineup.

Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor looking in good form.

Seems like Gagner could provide some X-factor on the PP. I am all for keeping this unit with him together as the #1 PP unit to start the season and have PLD/Wheeler on the 2nd unit.

Stanley not impressing.
Agreed.

Gagner looks to have pretty good hockey IQ, and can read plays as they develop. We don't have a lot of those outside of our elite players.

Stanley, oh boy... I think you have to commit to Heinola and let him develop his defense and confidence. I'm sure Bones can set him straight over the season.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The thing that impressed me the most was watching the PK. We haven't had that kind of PK in ages. It's the kind of PK I saw other teams implementing and wished the Jets would do something similar for the past several seasons.

Really hoping that's how they'll play this season.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Am I the only one who wanted to see Meanie-lainen drop the gloves there? That stare down had my hopes up, but nothing happened :(

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This is going to sound sacrilegious, but I think Perfetti needs Wheeler or Connor. At least for now. They just 'get' it for some reason. Stastny probably would've been a good match too, but he's a traitor.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I really like Barron’s game. He’s big and quick and looked very good on the penalty kill as well. Especially for his first game of the season.
Out of everyone so far in pre season, I think he’s the best fit for that 3rd line.
Connor and Ehlers together is magic.
Scheifele showing a lot of hustle tonight.

The Jets forecheck never allowed Calgary to wind up as a group and attack. Calgary players were under constant pressure from the Jets. THIS is the way this team needs to play yo he a contender.
Keep it up boys!

Oh, and Mr. Bowness, thank you for bringing back hope for us Jets fans!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad