GDT: Preseason Game #5 Islanders @ Philly - Isles 3, Flyers 2, Celine Stream-dion 100 in OT.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is going to be an interesting year.

To me Bellows earned the chance to start with the big club. But who does he bump? I doubt we scratch Filppula because he’s a center.

The only other scratches I can think of is Martin and Komorov. I don’t see them scratching Komorov after handing him that contract. Ross the boss is definitely BPORT bound.

Just IMO, but unless a rookie is out of this world awesome (we're talking racking up multi-point games and looking like the best player on the ice for either team), I'm always hesitant to pencil them in the lineup right away. Especially when they can always be called up mid-season if they're showing they're tearing apart the AHL.

I also think preseason is difficult to judge veterans on, because largely they're using it to just get their conditioning up to snuff and get their skating legs back into form. Rarely do they necessarily look at their best out there.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just IMO, but unless a rookie is out of this world awesome (we're talking racking up multi-point games and looking like the best player on the ice for either team), I'm always hesitant to pencil them in the lineup right away. Especially when they can always be called up mid-season if they're showing they're tearing apart the AHL.

I also think preseason is difficult to judge veterans on, because largely they're using it to just get their conditioning up to snuff and get their skating legs back into form. Rarely do they necessarily look at their best out there.

100% fair. Wouldn’t hurt one bit for Bellows to Start in the nhl but he’s looked really good away from the puck in addition to scoring. I know the last few years the offense has been good but imo the isles will need scoring. This is a different team. My gut tells me though the veteran players will get the first nod and have a chance to keep their jobs.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
This is going to be an interesting year.

To me Bellows earned the chance to start with the big club. But who does he bump? I doubt we scratch Filppula because he’s a center.

The only other scratches I can think of is Martin and Komorov. I don’t see them scratching Komorov after handing him that contract. Ross the boss is definitely BPORT bound.

Trade Nelson for a bag of pucks. Problem solved.

Reactions: Lights911 and SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I also think that having a bunch of lesser players on the roster impacts their ability to perform. The games are often lopsided one way or the other, and they're typically playing with people they don't know. I don't think it's surprising that the MC2 line looks really good. Lesser competition and they've played together for years. Everyone else? Meh.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Trade Nelson for a bag of pucks. Problem solved.

Wish it were that easy. They view Nelson as an option at center. For better or worse we’re stuck with Nelson I think. Unless Lou has a master plan behind the scenes right now

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I also think that having a bunch of lesser players on the roster impacts their ability to perform. The games are often lopsided one way or the other, and they're typically playing with people they don't know. I don't think it's surprising that the MC2 line looks really good. Lesser competition and they've played together for years. Everyone else? Meh.

Don't you mean the MCS line? ;)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am sure Bellows will get a 9 game look...they might do the same with Dobson. The only prospect that will sniff more than a handful of games in the big leagues this year is Ho-Sang. I don't count toews because I am pretty sure he signed a one-way.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I am sure Bellows will get a 9 game look...they might do the same with Dobson. The only prospect that will sniff more than a handful of games in the big leagues this year is Ho-Sang. I don't count toews because I am pretty sure he signed a one-way.

No reason for a nine game only look for Bellows. We can freely send him up and down between the AHL and NHL anytime since he’s 20. He’ll get a good amout of playing time this year in the NHL.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Bellows is not going back to juniors it’s nhl or ahl

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Good hustle to get back from Ho-Sang. Awkward offensive sequence from him.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The way the teams are split up, it's going to be hard to get a good idea of how this PP will look. This group lacks the net front presence of Lee and Bellows.... the other group lacked the puck carriers like Leddy, JHS and Barzal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad