GDT: Preseason Game #5 Islanders @ Philly - Isles 3, Flyers 2, Celine Stream-dion 100 in OT.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
weird to see our coach say nice things about Ho-Sang

I agree that he is playing scared right now, he looks worried about making mistakes instead of just being natural

nevertheless, his talent his undeniable

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Did he like the recorder after Pulock's goal as much as the rest of us did?

That truly was special and gave us all a nice moment. I’d like to shake the guy or gals hand who did that. Had it queued up perfectly right after the goal. Just masterful.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Ho-Sang doesn't seem to be a confident player right now. He's doing good things, like dumping the puck when there's nothing there, rushing back to get on defense, covering for a pinching defenseman, etc. But he doesn't seems like he has his confidence offensively at the moment. Maybe I'm seeing something that someone else isn't but I don't know.

Agreed. Seems like he’s trying not to make mistakes and adhere to the system. His decision making still plagues him.

Aho looked stronger on the puck that last year.

Pulock looked good, Pelech not so much. When Pelech is pressured physically he coughs the puck up.

Put Eberle back where he belongs.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
"I don't want to turn these two into checkers," Trotz said. "I want to turn them into good players."

Cappy said stuff like that all the time, right?

:rolleyes:

Trotz knows their bread and butter is to
Score and create offense.

Sounds awfully familiar to what another pretty good coach said about Bossy.

“ I can teach him to play defense but I can’t teach hiM to score.”

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
"I don't want to turn these two into checkers," Trotz said. "I want to turn them into good players."

Cappy said stuff like that all the time, right?

:rolleyes:

Yep, Cappy did say that, but it was in a different order....

"I want to turn these good players into checkers....Man do I love bottom 6 players!"

Reactions: bigtim1988

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
How great would it be if Trotz coached MDC into a productive player?

Who'm I kidding.....

I still think the problem with him is that he was never put in an actual role to succeed. He's a complimentary player. He's not someone that is going to create or do great things on his own. He finishes off other players efforts. Tonight outside of playing with JHS in Bridgeport I think was his first real opportunity at being that complimentary player. Think Matt Moulson.

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I still think the problem with him is that he was never put in an actual role to succeed. He's a complimentary player. He's not someone that is going to create or do great things on his own. He finishes off other players efforts. Tonight outside of playing with JHS in Bridgeport I think was his first real opportunity at being that complimentary player. Think Matt Moulson.
This was the best game ive ever seen Dal Colle have. 5 shots! At least 3 were very good scoring chances - 2 right on the doorstep. He probably isn’t used to being setup with nice feeds by playmakers. Whouda thunk it! He actually looked surprised to get a crossice pass from Filpulla and let go of a lazy snap shot from the bottom circle.

Dunno what happened in BPT last year but it seemed he was playing 3rd line away from Hosang.. couldn’t for the life of me understand it... Put your passers with your scorers especially if you want to develop them as such.
Seemed like it was a punitive thing with Dalcolle and the coaching staff- don’t know for sure. He’s got to get his urgency back.

Seems like he’s playing not to make a mistake -both him and Hosang.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
That MDC - Barzal - Ho-Sang line worked out very well. I really hope we get to see a bit more of it..I wanna see how it turns out.

Barzal and Ho-Sang are amazing skaters and both are excellent passers. MDC is not scrawny anymore. He's a big guy now and can have net presense..he doesn't need to out-skate anyone.I think that's why MDC was open a lot...everyone was chasing the other 2.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
That MDC - Barzal - Ho-Sang line worked out very well. I really hope we get to see a bit more of it..I wanna see how it turns out.

Barzal and Ho-Sang are amazing skaters and both are excellent passers. MDC is not scrawny anymore. He's a big guy now and can have net presense..he doesn't need to out-skate anyone.I think that's why MDC was open a lot...everyone was chasing the other 2.
interesting indeed. Hopefully a spark is ignited in MDC and he goes back to the bridge hungry. Good job by Trotz taking a glance at this line

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
This was the best game ive ever seen Dal Colle have. 5 shots! At least 3 were very good scoring chances - 2 right on the doorstep. He probably isn’t used to being setup with nice feeds by playmakers. Whouda thunk it! He actually looked surprised to get a crossice pass from Filpulla and let go of a lazy snap shot from the bottom circle.

Dunno what happened in BPT last year but it seemed he was playing 3rd line away from Hosang.. couldn’t for the life of me understand it... Put your passers with your scorers especially if you want to develop them as such.
Seemed like it was a punitive thing with Dalcolle and the coaching staff- don’t know for sure. He’s got to get his urgency back.

Seems like he’s playing not to make a mistake -both him and Hosang.

I can tell you what happened last year in BPT because it happens every year. It's run like shit and they don't do a damn thing to develop their players properly there.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Glad to hear Dal Colle played well last night. That's as rare as a blue moon...kind of pissed I didn't watch the game.

With that said, Bridgeport's lineup has been beefed up so hopefully Dal Colle builds off of this and puts up a solid year playing key offensive minutes for the Sound Tigers. That would put him back on the map and could earn him another contract with the Islanders.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I can tell you what happened last year in BPT because it happens every year. It's run like **** and they don't do a damn thing to develop their players properly there.
New sheriff in town. You can bet Thompson ain’t pulling that shit this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad