GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Finally on TV! - Bruins vs. Capitals - 7pm ET -NESN, NHLN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What's the message?

That there is infact somebody in a Black & Gold jersey that will lay a hurting on ya.
Good for team moral. These monkeys can't go skating around feeling invincible. A good beating will put them in their place.

Lets say Chia goes out and acquires McGratton.

2 questions:
-Where does he slot in the lineup (Does he replace Thornton or Paille?)
-Which teams would CJ dress him for?

Buffalo (Scott)
Toronto (Orr, MacLaren)
Montreal (Parros)

???

I'd just like to calculate how many games in an 82 game season he'd (McGratton)play in.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I wouldn't mind a few more of these types.

Maybe I'm way off here but man I'd really like to see Chara assert himself once in a while. IF Chara were to take on Scott or Orr, I think it'd send a message. Now obviously we cant have our captain fighting goons on a regular basis, but send a message once in a while captain.

For the time being, I have no problem with Thornton taking on the Divisions goons (Parros, Scott, Orr, etc..). I won't judge a career of heavyweight bouts by one loss to John Scott. I think this season Thornton goes out to seek some revenge. Maybe he won't win, but he won't get pummelled like that again.

I think chara understands this very well. He likes to assert himself early. Probably makes his life easier to scare away half the league form engaging him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That there is infact somebody in a Black & Gold jersey that will lay a hurting on ya.
Good for team moral. These monkeys can't go skating around feeling invincible. A good beating will put them in their place.

2 questions:

Buffalo (Scott)
Toronto (Orr, MacLaren)
Montreal (Parros)

???

I'd just like to calculate how many games in an 82 game season he'd (McGratton)play in.

And what makes you think Chara could lay a hurtin' on Scott or Orr?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Really hope the East doesn't sit around in awe of watching Detroit skate around... Teams respect them too much IMO... This division is going to pop them in the mouth...

Holland's last two drafts have yielded some pretty aggressive players... I know you liked Nasty... and Bertuzzi is game but a midget...

Cant wait until Mike McKee gets here... Absolute monster.

Bertuzzi - 6'1 - 187 (not sure he's a midget)
Nastasiuk - 6'2 - 196

Yes they will drop the gloves if they have to, but they don't go looking for it. And not sure they are heavyweights to tangle with the guys you want to tangle with. The difference between them and the guys you mention is that they are 2nd round picks with talent.

Even the Bruins themselves when they drafted Payne (hello Dallas), and now Dempsey. Kids can fight and are tough S.O.B.'s but they are talented, can skate and play the game. I'm sure Dempsey would go up against Scott and Orr, but he'll also skate circles around both and out produce the two combined.

Look, I'm not against fighting. I love a good fight that is spur of the moment and happens during the heat of battle like in the Caps game. Emotions run high, gloves get dropped. Bring it on every game if you ask me.

It's the fights that happen like in the Leaf/Sabres game that are a waste of time if you ask me. Drop the gloves when the puck is dropped? That's what players like Orr/Scott do.

I get it. You like the latter and the choice of players you want indicate that. No sense in debating it because you won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

I'll take the Detroit or Boston (under Chiarelli) way of building. Versus your way, their way wins most of the time. And that's what the game is all about. Winning the last game of the year not the last fight. You can build the way the Leafs/Sabres have gone, but in the end, the Bruins/Wings are so much closer than those two to a Cup it isn't even funny.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
And what makes you think Chara could lay a hurtin' on Scott or Orr?

If he can manage to avoid his 'Bambi on ice' routine, he has a shot at laying a good pounding on either of them. Scott isn't that good a fighter either, he relies on his reach, however he isn't a technically sound scrapper (ala Thornton). Scott doesn't typically get a good grip on opposing players jersey/ chest protector.. & he uses his grip hand awkwardly to slip jabs. I think Chara would give him a good fight, as would most gritty players 6'6" or taller. Colton Orr on the other hand is a talented fighter, boy has power & drops hammers. Give him Scott's height, & he'll KO Scott 9 out of 10 times.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Agreed. I'd prefer a scrapper who can actually skate a nromal shift. McGratton, MacIntyre types are awesome to have on the bench incase of goons like Orr & Scott decide to start isht.. but man do they suck at hockey.

What do you guys think about Sestitio & Frazer McLaren? Both scrap, but can they skate without being a black hole on the 4th line? McLaren in particular is a tough kid.

Sestito sucks

Mclaren I wouldn't mind he's 10 years younger than Thornton and 6'5. He has taken on Scott and won. But if the Bruins really wanted him I believe they could have signed him during the off season.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

2 questions:

Buffalo (Scott)
Toronto (Orr, MacLaren)
Montreal (Parros)

???

Sort of wrong

Toront(Fraser, Orr & Mclaren)
Montreal(Parros, Prust, White, Moen and Murray)

Buffalo probably has 1-2 other guys other than Scott.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
If he can manage to avoid his 'Bambi on ice' routine, he has a shot at laying a good pounding on either of them. Scott isn't that good a fighter either, he relies on his reach, however he isn't a technically sound scrapper (ala Thornton). Scott doesn't typically get a good grip on opposing players jersey/ chest protector.. & he uses his grip hand awkwardly to slip jabs. I think Chara would give him a good fight, as would most gritty players 6'6" or taller. Colton Orr on the other hand is a talented fighter, boy has power & drops hammers. Give him Scott's height, & he'll KO Scott 9 out of 10 times.

I don't want Chara dropping the gloves with either Scott or Orr because I think he would get filled. He's not that good of a fighter. His reach and strength really help him against most guys but those advantages would be negated against these two guys.

The Bruins don't need a goon. As a matter of fact, their roll-four-lines has no room for one. Thornton can play and his successor will need to be able to take a semi-regular shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad