Pre-Game Talk: Preseason Game #5: Arizona Coyotes @ Vancouver Canucks | Mon Sept. 29 6PM SNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Can't remember the hate towards Hanzal. Anyone care to refresh an aging member of the fan base?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
les québec coyotés (s is silent, of course)

not too shabby

coyotés de québec is like an orgasm of alliteration

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
My Notes:

Arizona Coyotes? Is this what they are calling them these days? I guess they can call them whatever they want for now, since they aren't going to be there much longer anyways.

Kid line is to compare them all directly, clearly, buy I don't think it will yield much, ultimately. Shinkaruk will prove the flashiest; Horvat will prove the best defensively, but sub par on the attack; and Jensen will prove once again that he needs linemates who are above him in experience and skill to truly shine. No questions will be answered.

Vey will probably be put into another offensive role, and also given some PK time to test his defensive zone time.

Miller vs Lack showdown?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
My Notes:

Arizona Coyotes? Is this what they are calling them these days? I guess they can call them whatever they want for now, since they aren't going to be there much longer anyways.

Kid line is to compare them all directly, clearly, buy I don't think it will yield much, ultimately. Shinkaruk will prove the flashiest; Horvat will prove the best defensively, but sub par on the attack; and Jensen will prove once again that he needs linemates who are above him in experience and skill to truly shine. No questions will be answered.

Vey will probably be put into another offensive role, and also given some PK time to test his defensive zone time.

Miller vs Lack showdown?

We have seen Vey play well in the offensive zone so I wouldn't mind seeing him in a defensive centre role. Try giving a line of Burrows-Vey-Hansen checking line duties and heavy defensive zone starts to see how Vey handles it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
He reckless crosschecks were what caused Santorelli's season ending injury, ruined Henrik's ironman streak and injured another, who I cannot remember.

it was booth

maybe i'd rather him keep his stick down on that last one but other than that absolutely nothing there i don't want horvat learning to do.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
it was booth

maybe i'd rather him keep his stick down on that last one but other than that absolutely nothing there i don't want horvat learning to do.

I don't anyone could reasonably expect a player to get from those the way Henrik or Santo did. It was physical and chippy but if players were routinely hurt by things like that you'd lose 12 players a game. Just really bad luck.

Booth one was one you would expect to do some damage, crosscheck to face.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
it was booth

My favorite part of this was Henrik getting cross-checked, screaming in pain, and the next shot shows him in the penalty box.

Perfect summation of our season last year.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I don't anyone could reasonably expect a player to get from those the way Henrik or Santo did. It was physical and chippy but if players were routinely hurt by things like that you'd lose 12 players a game. Just really bad luck.

Really bad luck, or the result of fatigue from being overworked by the dingdong behind the bench?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Can't wait to see what a Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen line can accomplish.

Agreed.

Not sure how much "real world" applicability it will have, but hey...it should be fun to see, and i guess it could make it easier to directly compare the trio.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
That hanzal stuff still angers me and I used to like hanzal.

He just went ballistic cross checking our entire team. Santorelli's shoulder, henriks ribs, booths head, and injuring all 3.

I dont even know why, he just went nuts suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad