Pre-Game Talk: Preseason Game #5: Arizona Coyotes @ Vancouver Canucks | Mon Sept. 29 6PM SNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
:coyotes @ :nucks

Monday September 29, 2014
Rogers Arena | Vancouver, BC
6PM PST Sportsnet

Vancouver Canucks Lineup

To Be Announced
WD says Kid-Line of Shinkaruk - Horvat - Jensen

Phoenix Arizona Coyotes Lineup

To Be Announced

Notes

Radim Vrbata will play his former team for the first time since signing in Vancouver on July 3rd.

Richardson (unknown) and Kassian (general soreness) both did not participate in Sunday skate.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I just have one thing to say:

**** Hanzal that dirty ****

Can never get tired of this video clip:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Excuse me while I go build a house out of candy to lure Hanzal out of this game...no injuries, please!

Interested to see the kid line! That should be fun!

Iridescent*

Shinkaruk needs to be more focused defensively. Horvat should take more chances offensively. Jensen needs to use his size along the boards and drive the net more.

If the 3 of them make even small strides in those areas, I'm a happy camper. Looking forward to seeing them work together.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Shinkaruk needs to be more focused defensively. Horvat should take more chances offensively. Jensen needs to use his size along the boards and drive the net more.

If the 3 of them make even small strides in those areas, I'm a happy camper. Looking forward to seeing them work together.

Good summary all around.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Don't know if the "kids" will really mesh together very well. Would rather see more potential lines with the kids in there.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The kids line would be interesting.
It will give people a reason to check the game out.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I have tickets to this game but can't go. I'll be in Vegas.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My hopeful stab at the lineup;

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Vrbata
Shinkaruk - Horvat - Jensen
Burrows - Bonino - Higgins
Dorsett - Vey - Matthias

(Give Vey the rookie treatment of how he plays on a grinding defensive line. Swap him and Higgins as appropriate).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I just have one thing to say:

**** Hanzal that dirty ****

Can never get tired of this video clip:

hard to be too mad at hanzal. it's on our team to tell a guy like that to cut it out. i would 100% love to have a giant bobby holik-type like hanzal laying the lumber on guys in the playoffs and giving his wingers room to operate.

whereas someone like marchand submarining guys and going after the knees, that's a weasel i want to see get his teeth knocked in.

and notice hanzal got into that fight sticking up for... radim vrbata.

and plus, as painful as it was to watch a guy do that to us, without hanzal our miserable season probably would have ended up with perlini or fiala instead of virtanen.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ridiculous that this our only game in a 6-day stretch during the preseason.

And then, as usual, hockey will still be going in mid-June with nobody caring.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think the idea is to see which of the three is furthest along. Pairing them all together makes it easier to compare.

I don't mind the idea of Jensen and Shink on the same line as they are likely competing for the same spot, but I would rather play with with someone like Vey to see them with a true playmaker, or with Bonino who would be a more likely linemate, to see if there's any chemistry there. Maybe they're hoping to see more out of Horvat with some better offensive players, but I would much rather see him with different combinations of Burrows/Higgins/Kassian/Matthias/Hansen etc. It's why I was so frustrated that they stuck him with Sestito all last game. He's not competing with Shinkaruk/Jensen.

I would also like to see Vey tried at wing for at least a couple games, seeing as he would be the most likely candidate out of Bonino, Horvat, or Richardson to do so. That is, if they are seriously considering keeping Horvat up.

Horvat is competing with Vey and Richardson and really hasn't seen enough time with players who he'll likely play with. I understand the fan appeal of a kid line to showcase the shiny new toys, but I question how valuable it is to evaluate the kids in this way, with such a limited number of preseason games

JA

Sportsnet has indicated a 6 PM start time. The Canucks' schedule also advertises 6 PM PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad