GDT: Preseason Game #4 | Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Time for Another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
$7.5M a year is a bit steep. $6.5 would be ideal if he steps it up. $7M would be the max.
yeah it makes sense to try and keep him and jvr(when he needs to be looked at) under or at 7 million, its just good-great players get paid elite money like ror is massively overpaid for what he is, but he gets his money. Hoping for 6.5 for both kadri and jvr when they need to sign

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
a legitimate question - no snark, i promise
how did management in the past treat him?

Not too well. He was bounced up and down, even though he was better than the majority of our roster starting as early as 2011. He was forced to play behind Bozak for the last few seasons even though he was statistically and (using the eye test) the better player.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Ive been surprised that Loov hasn't been throwing the monster open ice hits so far this preseason like we saw last year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We should probably tell Robidas to retire.

Loov deserves a all on the team. So do Percy and Harrington

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
i wasn't in an English speaking country at the time, so nope.

Long story short, it didn't matter how good Kadri played when he was up, Wilson would say he had "bad habits" and send him down. Oh and Wilson also had some obsession with playing Kadri on the wing (on a line with scrubs I should add), even though he was clearly better at center.

I can't count the number of times rotten Ronnie through him under the bus.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not too well. He was bounced up and down, even though he was better than the majority of our roster starting as early as 2011. He was forced to play behind Bozak for the last few seasons even though he was statistically and (using the eye test) the better player.

Long story short, it didn't matter how good Kadri played when he was up, Wilson would say he had "bad habits" and send him down. Oh and Wilson also had some obsession with playing Kadri on the wing (on a line with scrubs I should add), even though he was clearly better at center.

I can't count the number of times rotten Ronnie through him under the bus.

ah. i see.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
It's 3:50 AM here and I woke up because something I ate didn't agree with me. I'm glad I did so I could catch a bit of the game. It's clear that the guys are trying new systems which is a lot of fun to watch. More importantly, I know it's just pre-season but the general hustle and effort level is higher than we've seen in most regular season games over the last while.

It makes me wonder if we'll turn into an overachieving team (for what we have) and start to be known as one of the harder working teams in the NHL.

Babs at work.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Got to say that while Nylander is definitely a guy I think has a good shot of cracking this lineup, might say the same to Loov. The blueline is hardly locked in here and he has impressed in the games I've been seeing him in.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Loov has a good chance... he's looked better than those two, and also better than Hunwick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us clean house with Hunwick, Robidas and Polak over the next year. Marincin, Granberg, Loov, Harrington and Percy will fight for the bottom 4 spots, maybe even more if we trade Phaneuf.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
a legitimate question - no snark, i promise
how did management in the past treat him?

He was treated fine. Media wasn't great, but a lot of fans wanted the Leafs to roll out the red carpet for him at 18-19 years old. He wasn't as good as Nylander is right now at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad