GDT: Preseason Game #3 | Detroit Red Wings vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:30 PM ET

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
excited about the offence. guys like Jurco will def. produce more with new system. but some concerns on D and PK. still I think there is a reasonable chance Wings will get quite a few points at least early in the season.

Larkin and Bert look promising but kinda hard to tell because it's just a preseason game also wings were just attacking all night. Still larkin showed very good poise. maybe a future captain material... maybe

overall the team looked pretty poised tonight.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I know its preseason against a lot of not so great players but Larkin looked great for having almost no pro experience. The guys he was playing against are still AHLers and NHLers including Malkin out there. He looks like he belongs as an NHL third line center but I doubt he'll start theyear in Detroit.

Bertuzzi I've also mentioned could be fast tracked a little bit because of all the little things he does but tonights pass to Larkin on the last goal really shows how much skill he has. I'm glad I defended the pick at the time because theres going to be a lot of people eating crow pretty hard on this board

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
No love for Pulkkinen?

Just checked the scores and he finished with 2+2 and was picked as the first star. Who did he play with and how did he look?

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Played with himself mostly :) I thought he had an amazing game. Not lucky points. One was a cannon shot that deflected out to Larkin. Cant remember his other point.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
No love for Pulkkinen?

Just checked the scores and he finished with 2+2 and was picked as the first star. Who did he play with and how did he look?

He had a real good game. Jumped around in terms of line mates (no real set lines for the most part).

Pulkkinen 2+2? Lucky points or something else?

Nope, wasn't just lucky -- he was good tonight.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
No love for Pulkkinen?

Pulkkinen 2+2? Lucky points or something else?

Pulkkinen doesn't get much credit on these boards. Even though he's equally as good of a prospect as Nyquist and Tatar were at the same time in their respective careers. I think it's mostly because Pulkkinen is more of a "luxury" now that we have quite a few good young forwards coming and 14 and 21 became top 6 players.

Aug 6, 2012
Disregard age and that he's a top prospect, and just watch him play hockey... Dylan Larkin is an NHL player and he proves it more and more each time out on the ice. Same can be said for Nick Jensen.

It's too bad they'll be in GR because... well... uhhh... because... yeah, too bad.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Disregard age and that he's a top prospect, and just watch him play hockey... Dylan Larkin is an NHL player and he proves it more and more each time out on the ice. Same can be said for Nick Jensen.

It's too bad they'll be in GR because... well... uhhh... because... yeah, too bad.

This. It was Larkins 2nd "NHL" game and he was one of the best players on the ice. Im not sure the % but he seemed to do well in the face-off circle and beat Malkin a couple times. He still looks pretty skinny, gonna be awesome to see when he fills out in the next year or 2.

Jensen should be on the Wings. Marchenko continues to look shaky which is disappointing.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Pulkkinen is so awesome. Can't wait to see wings games this year. Lots of homers and bandwagoners and Pulkkinen fans should be interested this year.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
From what I saw(~75%) of the game, in order of the better player first, these are the ones I thought belong in the NHL.

Pulkinnen, Howard, Larkin, Jensen, Smith, Bertuzzi.

Sheahan, Glendenning, Anderrson, Ferraro, Lashoff all played to their usual selves.
Franzen and Mantha were both decidedly low key.
Marchenko continued his preseason average form.
Sproul I didnt enjoy.
I didnt see of much as Russo as I thought I would. Maybe because I didnt recognise him?
I forget who else played.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Great start for Pulks in the preseason. Looking forward to a trimmed down roster now and where he might fit in.

I don't think anyone's grabbing a hold of the open spot on the back end but Jensen has two good games now. With Marchenko somewhat disappointing and Ouellet injured this could be his big chance. But that would just mean he makes the team, not necessarily that he plays over Kindl.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice statement game from our Next Generation. Superb hockey and everybody had fun. Love to watch that.

THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT IN HOCKEYTOWN. :)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah definitely... It's not just the shot but it looked like he waited for the guy to screen the goalie before shooting...

I value intelligence in a player!

It was a Datsyuk/Zetterberg level of play in smartness and he did complete it just right.

What a kid we have. Future center problem is gone.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
It was a Datsyuk/Zetterberg level of play in smartness and he did complete it just right.

What a kid we have. Future center problem is gone.

I would usually say we need to hold our horses but it's difficult not to get excited for the future of this team! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad