Haula - Glass - Carpenter
Carrier - Lindberg - Nosek

McNabb - Engelland
Holden - Miller
Brannstrom - Hunt

Fleury
Subban​

member 116861

I'm kind of concerned about this whole Gourque with Nieto and Soderberg thing.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Honestly....who made the pre-season schedule? It's ridiculous. The Knights are playing their fifth pre-season game tonight. They're obviously now getting ready for the regular season to start. Hence why they are basically going with their starting lineup....just like Minny did. Meanwhile the Avs are just going to play their third pre-season game and once again a group of AHLers and secondary NHLers will probably have the front door kicked in.

Really not a fan of the imbalance. Seems tough to evaluate the Avs players when they're against such odds, and I question how much teams like Vegas and Minny really get out of these games. I know the Avs are trying to evaluate their fringe players, but I really wish they'd sprinkle a few more veterans in to try to make things more competitive. We saw it against Minnesota...things just got progressively worse as they were just completely overmatched. I think Grubauer for one just basically gave up. Kinda easy to do when you've got this:

Graves - Alt
Boikov - Lindholm

In front of you against a full quality NHL top 6.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Nemeth's first game after his shoulder surgery, I love it. I was afraid he wouldn't be ready this early.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Honestly....who made the pre-season schedule? It's ridiculous. The Knights are playing their fifth pre-season game tonight. They're obviously now getting ready for the regular season to start. Hence why they are basically going with their starting lineup....just like Minny did. Meanwhile the Avs are just going to play their third pre-season game and once again a group of AHLers and secondary NHLers will probably have the front door kicked in.

Really not a fan of the imbalance. Seems tough to evaluate the Avs players when they're against such odds, and I question how much teams like Vegas and Minny really get out of these games. I know the Avs are trying to evaluate their fringe players, but I really wish they'd sprinkle a few more veterans in to try to make things more competitive. We saw it against Minnesota...things just got progressively worse as they were just completely overmatched. I think Grubauer for one just basically gave up. Kinda easy to do when you've got this:

Graves - Alt
Boikov - Lindholm

In front of you against a full quality NHL top 6.

You are right, good post, I agree.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know the Avs are trying to evaluate their fringe players, but I really wish they'd sprinkle a few more veterans in to try to make things more competitive.

We did that in game one in Denver (dressed the whole 1st line + Barrie + Varly) against Vegas' own AHL team and we still got wrecked 5-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad