GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks - 7pm PST (Yup, another game tonight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Dosty was great, he looks ready.

Zell was really good again, Nester pretty good but a lot of meh tonite mixed in with some poor.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
3 stars

1 - Mintyukov
2- Dostal
3 - DeLeo
1695875829382.gif

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Unimpressed with: Vaks, Gaucher, and Warren

Impressed with: Minty, Zell, and Dostal

Meh: Killorn, Gudas (except for the snarl at the end) and Carlsson

Oh and the PP sucks balls.

Reactions: dracom

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Killorn with the payback hit

Love the new guys

I'd love that Killorn snarl rub off on McTavish. Mac looked like he was playing too respectfully last year and didn't try to impose himself. I get it, he's still learning how to play in the NHL first as a winger and then as a center from the 4th line to the top line. Now that he's got some vets willing to laydown some big bombs, maybe he can join in on the fun!

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I'd love that Killorn snarl rub off on McTavish. Mac looked like he was playing too respectfully last year and didn't try to impose himself. I get it, he's still learning how to play in the NHL first as a winger and then as a center from the 4th line to the top line. Now that he's got some vets willing to laydown some big bombs, maybe he can join in on the fun!
I feel like the entire team was always told to not get involved physically with eakins. I’m pretty sure that silly shit is long gone now.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I feel like the entire team was always told to not get involved physically with eakins. I’m pretty sure that silly shit is long gone now.

No. PV took away the snarling bite in trading away Des and Manson. Remember, Eakins put Des on Zegras' line to protect Z. And before Sam Carrick messed up his hip, Carrick was in on the fighting too such that Des commented Carrick was out to take his job fighting.

PV didn't acquire any snarl to replace Des and Manson in the 2022 off-season, which meant we had no snarl for the whole season.

Reactions: McDonald19

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
No. PV took away the snarling bite in trading away Des and Manson. Remember, Eakins put Des on Zegras' line to protect Z. And before Sam Carrick messed up his hip, Carrick was in on the fighting too such that Des commented Carrick was out to take his job fighting.

PV didn't acquire any snarl to replace Des and Manson in the 2022 off-season, which meant we had no snarl for the whole season.
Yes, agreed. But as a team we didn’t seem to be given the green light to retaliate on anything etc

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Random thoughts

First game Carlsson really looked like an 18 year old new to North American ice. On a granular level, he did some fundamental things well, short passes, shrugging off physical challenges, staying engaged defensively. But he had to fight for space more and wasn't really effective at it and it led to a lot of poor pass attempts. I don't think he got much help from his linemates but he didn't have a good night.

Nesterenko still shows good signs in his game but his inconsistent execution is a bit concerning. I think some more time in San Diego might help him. This still wasn't an overly strong San Jose lineup and I can see him struggling to be effective once the league starts playing their regular rosters.

Dostal was excellent. Just an observation from last year but I feel like Dostal is ready to play will and he still hasn't had his spirit broken like Gibby.

Gawdin, I'll be honest I don't even know where he came from. You could tell me he was a recent draft pick, a little talked about AHL signing, or a PTO player and I'd believe any of them. Unless something happened while I wasn't looking, I didn't see him do a single good thing with the puck on his stick. It seemed like every time he had the puck, it led to an error. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the next round of cuts.

Gudas, while I appreciated his physicality and standing up for Dostal, I really hope this was just a casual game for the guy. He was really swimming in the crease on multiple occasions and he wasn't doing an inexperienced Mintyukov any favors. On that note Minty had some solid play in his own end but for every net positive defensive play he made, he'd have coverage issues that kept the team hemmed in.

Vaakanainen was a big flopping nothing from my perspective.

Zellweger had a pretty good game for a back to back. He could definitely use more development in his defensive game but it's not like he's lazy in his own end. I wouldn't rule him out entirely from making the big club. With good in-season development he could add a lot to the blueline.

Gaucher still looks like he could be a solid third liner but he could use some AHL time to refine some elements of his game.

Pastujov, if he'll ever live up to his juniors production, has a long way to go I think. His timing is off, he's not strong enough on his skates, and he seemed panicky with the puck under pressure. Seemed to force plays with the puck more to get rid of it than to advance plays towards dangerous chances.

That's all I have energy for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad