Post-Game Talk: Preseason game 2 vs Blues 9/18 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I heard all the St. Louis trainers have been instructed to have their phones ready with "9-1-1" pre dialled in, just in case.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Indeed a very good lineup. Protas on the wing? Not sure about that one. I'd have moved McMichael to the wing instead.
They probably want McMichael to get as many reps at C as possible. He looked great in the faceoff dot the other night as well. Kid looks like he'll be a solid NHL player

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They probably want McMichael to get as many reps at C as possible. He looked great in the faceoff dot the other night as well. Kid looks like he'll be a solid NHL player

I get that but I think McMichael would be a better winger than Protas. Protas doesn't have the speed and agility to play winger at NHL level...at least for now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Protas is a center, yeah? No shame in seeing how he does tonight as a winger but given that McMichael is the only real center prospect they have in the organization I'd like to see them push Protas to develop as a pivot. I wouldn't be opposed to switching McMichael and Kuznetsov for part of the game to see how McMichael does with NHL wingers and to see if Protas can keep up with Kuznetsov.

Also really excited to see Feverbaby with Carlson.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I get that but I think McMichael would be a better winger than Protas. Protas doesn't have the speed and agility to play winger at NHL level...at least for now.
I'm assuming this is more of a reward for Protas for his performance the other evening. The real battle for the C position while Kuznetsov's out for those first three games will more than likely come down to Boyd, Stephenson, McMichael and Pilon.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Protas is a center, yeah? No shame in seeing how he does tonight as a winger but given that McMichael is the only real center prospect they have in the organization I'd like to see them push Protas to develop as a pivot. I wouldn't be opposed to switching McMichael and Kuznetsov for part of the game to see how McMichael does with NHL wingers and to see if Protas can keep up with Kuznetsov.

Also really excited to see Feverbaby with Carlson.
Hoping I get that Future HOF Fever tonight while watching him play ;)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I kind of had a feeling, but I didn't know that Tom Wilson actually came out and officially stated it:

Reactions: Devil Dancer

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is almost a full NHL team... weird to see this so early in the preseason.

Only 6 games. The 4th line contenders get their own game so they get more than 4th line minutes to state their case. Meanwhile to top 9 guys get their proper minutes and the pp gets its time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Protas doesn't skate well enough for the coverage requirements of an NHL center.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Protas had the bulk of his success in the WHL last season as a LW. No harm putting him at center and trying to develop him there long-term but McMichael has the greater familiarity. Protas may not be a tremendous forechecker speed-wise but seems good along the walls. To the McMichael Mobile...

Leason will need to work on his agility and elusiveness to be a really consistent two-way winger like Stone. Just his pace generally. The hands are there and he's pretty good positionally in his own end but he's more like a more responsible Ryan or Connolly. He's not really a big dirty area mucker like Knuble thus far.

Edit: With Eller out they're both at center anyway. Good chance for CMM between the 3Ws.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Yeah was a 55% faceoff guy last season, top ten in the OHL. Watch a highlight video of him and he is a beast in the dot.

Reactions: hb12xchamps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad