ByQe2ExCMAAxhwh.jpg

:laugh:

I'm not sorry.

This.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Adams up to his voodoo tricks again, someone actually wrote this on facebook.

"You don't know hockey well if you say Adams stinks. Craig Adams is the penguins top penalty killer and main fourth liner. The penguins penalty kill was ranked #1 last season most of the year and finished #4 in the NHL. Why would you want to cut m a guy that helps your PK be tops in the nhl year after year?"

:laugh: Oh my sides.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm just going to leave this here...

PKiS8af.gif

As much as I defended Shero and still think he was a good GM, I can't believe he saddled this team with the Scuds and Adams contracts.

This was a guy who was so cautious about giving out long term deals to non core players.

I still think Scuds can rebound and be a steady, bottom pairing blueliner. I also get he was coming off a nice run in LA so it was going to take term to land him. However, they had too many blueliners as it was.

The Adams signing is one I can't fathom. How did he get two years? I think that's the perfect example of how DB poisoned a good GMs mind IMHO. I can't imagine Shero of several years ago doing that deal. He just wasn't in his right mind.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He is going to get cut this week (fingers crossed) without being able to dump the puck in constantly.

I believe Adams will still count 6-700k on the cap because it's an over 35 contract. I checked on it earlier this summer and there was no way around it.

I have no idea what they can do with this guy. He's like a roach right now.

Unless they waive him and some GM out there is really high...

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
that gif kills me. i still can't believe shero signed him period let alone to a 2 year deal. bylsma deserves what he got after choosing to play adams over better players. john scott might actually be faster than adams at this point. he looks like a mens league player.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Can the Pens just keep every good player somewhere safe?

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Stepan helped off ice after going down, clutching left leg/knee, during #NYR conditioning test. No contact, simply fell to ice...
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/514789445791666176

I mean, seriously.

As much as I defended Shero and still think he was a good GM, I can't believe he saddled this team with the Scuds and Adams contracts.

This was a guy who was so cautious about giving out long term deals to non core players.

I still think Scuds can rebound and be a steady, bottom pairing blueliner. I also get he was coming off a nice run in LA so it was going to take term to land him. However, they had too many blueliners as it was.

The Adams signing is one I can't fathom. How did he get two years? I think that's the perfect example of how DB poisoned a good GMs mind IMHO. I can't imagine Shero of several years ago doing that deal. He just wasn't in his right mind.

Shero went weird at the end, or the time leading up to it, whatever. Scuderi and Dupuis got 4 year deals in their mid-thirties, Adams got 2 as a 35+ contract, they talked to ****ing Glass about another contract, etc. There's an etc., ffs.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
that gif kills me. i still can't believe shero signed him period let alone to a 2 year deal. bylsma deserves what he got after choosing to play adams over better players. john scott might actually be faster than adams at this point. he looks like a mens league player.

The simplest thing to do is make him the healthy scratch every single night, and if we go down a forward for more than a game, bring Megna or someone else up to leapfrog him.

If he only gets into 15 games this year, and only 5-6 minutes a game, it will minimize the damage.

All the while, JR should be calling in old favors for someone to take the guy off our hands. It's not like JR wants the guy around, he got rid of him years ago at Carolina.

penguins2946*

Yeah, I'm kinda glad that Sid and Geno aren't participating in the camp and preseason right now. So far just from the East, Stepan, Datsyuk, Giroux, Staal and Drouin all have had pretty serious injuries from training camp.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's so weird to think that management has a real opportunity to not play Craig Adams. I don't think my mind is really wrapped around the concept yet. Could this be real?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well, theres a reason JR used Dumo in his package for Staal. The main thing with him is his decisions with the puck at the NHL level. In the AHL, he has that extra second and can make a good play. The next step and you can see some panic and brain farting going on. Harrington seems to read and react better at the NHL level.

Maybe Dumoulin was used because Shero asked for him.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yeah, I'm kinda glad that Sid and Geno aren't participating in the camp and preseason right now. So far just from the East, Stepan, Datsyuk, Giroux, Staal and Drouin all have had pretty serious injuries from training camp.

we need some teams de to go down, so we can help them out by trading them scuds

penguins2946*

Either this is a joke related to Ehrhoff's playing style, or you missed the part where I said forward.

Sorry I didn't see the forward part, I thought it just said that Kapanen had the highest Corsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad